Do you think either sex has it easier than the other? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which sex has it "easier"?

Men definately have it easier! 10 37.04%
Women have it easier! 7 25.93%
I really think its about the same. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #61
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think either sex has it easier than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
In terms of career and relationship,woman definitely have it easier. All they have to choose is a wealthy guy with a good career. And they have a motley of guys hanging over them all the time.All they have to do is to choose the best one of the lot.

Whereas we guys have to pamper them,humor them,make us show our best personality and have a good opinion about everything in the world. And in the end you are not even sure you would get that. Its hard work if you ask me.
Agree with all of what you have said.

And if she doesn't like the guy, she still has plenty of orbiters (those guys who still hang around her) to choose from.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #62
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because we women are flexible
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #63
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
Men's brain got, on average, 16% more nerve cells than women one so the answer is obvious. Sorry dumb sex.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #64
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Women get periods.

But a lot of people get bad back pain, which doesnt dissapear after 5 days. People live in wheelchairs. Some are disabled.

Of course, some women have these things ontop of periods too.

Then again, some contraceptive shots can kill periods for some women. Being a skinny runner and you might get minimal period

Then again, some males have sexual disfunction. That stuff is rough and doesnt just happen 5 days a month

Some guys have to worry about penis size eeeek. Sure, some women might feel pressure about their bodies, breast size etc, but nothing surely can compare to how much is made (by ourselves and females) of sexual performance.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #65
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In terms of career and relationship,woman definitely have it easier. All they have to choose is a wealthy guy with a good career. And they have a motley of guys hanging over them all the time.All they have to do is to choose the best one of the lot.
that might be so for the ones that look like gisele bundchen. the rest, i assure you, don't have it that easy. in fact, ugliness is far worse in terms of career and relationships (not including one-night stands) for women that it is for men.

Quote:
Whereas we guys have to pamper them,humor them,make us show our best personality and have a good opinion about everything in the world.
it doesn't have to work like that... you can act like an asshole and still get the girl... it all depends
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #66
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post

it doesn't have to work like that... you can act like an asshole and still get the girl... it all depends
Actually, it seems that acting like an asshole pays off in the end of the day...

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #67
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
Actually, it seems that acting like an asshole pays off in the end of the day...
Which is not surprising as bad boys are sexually more interesting for many women.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #68
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

what a shit this thread has turned into.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #69
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Whereas we guys have to pamper them,humor them,make us show our best personality and have a good opinion about everything in the world. And in the end you are not even sure you would get that. Its hard work if you ask me.
congrats on being able to post to an internet forum all the way back from the 1950s. I had no idea time travel had been invented and is working so well.

What planet are you living on? Every woman I know -- married or single -- has a job.

Moreover, this a one of the riskiest life plans a woman can have. You open yourself up to mistreatment and abuse from your partner, since you can't leave because you need someone to take care of you financially. Also, the extremely wealthy tend to marry within their own class. And the moderately wealthy are vulnerable. We've seen what the economic crisis and downsizing has done to even executive-level jobs. If a woman doesn't have the skills to earn her own money and be independent, that is a very sad and scary existence these days.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #70
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

It's about perspective. If you are born in the 3rd world then I think men got it easier. They are more "wanted". They can do hard physical labor and are less expensive since many cultures the woman is married away with some big gifts coming along. The man is also the one that keeps the family legacy going so many parents are desperate for a boy and will treasure a boy more.

In the west it's more equal. I think like many said women have it easier to find a partner. Meanwhile they have it harder to advance to boss status but lets face it: most people won't get a high management job anyway.

One drawback is the childbirth that can cost the career but in some sense that must be seen as a gift as well. They often can form a special intimate bond with the babies that the father can't really compete with and might gain a lot of happiness and such things that makes up for all the hardships of the pregnancy.

Men have to worry about the constant "dick measuring" vs other males that often leads to fights, injuries in sports and other problems most women don't think much about but it's a natural thing for men that start from an early age. Also military service (some countries) and hard dangerous labor is more common that could lead to injury and death.

Women on average live longer. Men are usually bigger and taller and have more things that can go wrong with them. Bigger body parts and organs that can malfunction, more cells that can get cancer etc. (don't bring up breast cancer here because prostate cancer actually kills more, yet recieves not nearly as much funding)

In the end I'd say it's about equal. Life is what you make it and you got to play the hand you are dealt. Imagine how much easier beautiful women and men have over more average looking ones? Imagine all the poor souls that got some chronic disease from birth or a birth defect? Life has never been fair. Men and women can only be totally equal if there were no differences. But there clearly are so...
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #71
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
congrats on being able to post to an internet forum all the way back from the 1950s. I had no idea time travel had been invented and is working so well.

What planet are you living on? Every woman I know -- married or single -- has a job.

Moreover, this a one of the riskiest life plans a woman can have. You open yourself up to mistreatment and abuse from your partner, since you can't leave because you need someone to take care of you financially. Also, the extremely wealthy tend to marry within their own class. And the moderately wealthy are vulnerable. We've seen what the economic crisis and downsizing has done to even executive-level jobs. If a woman doesn't have the skills to earn her own money and be independent, that is a very sad and scary existence these days.
It is not what he was trying to say. He was saying that women usually look for man with a higher status, which is one of the universal attraction traits women look for in a man. Of course she can have a decent job but the man should be still a bit "higher" than her.

Because of that, women with lots of power have it extremely difficult to find a partner. So, having a super job can also be a disadvantage for women. Since women have gained so much power in western countries, the rate of marriage and failed relationships has exploded.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #72
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

The first paragraph is too funny.

Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
It is not what he was trying to say. He was saying that women usually look for man with a higher status, which is one of the universal attraction traits women look for in a man. Of course she can have a decent job but the man should be still a bit "higher" than her.

Because of that, women with lots of power have it extremely difficult to find a partner. So, having a super job can also be a disadvantage for women. Since women have gained so much power in western countries, the rate of marriage and failed relationships has exploded.
I don't think that's true for our generation, bilbo. I really don't.

You're right about powerful women having more difficulty finding a partner, but that's not because these women are looking for a man with a higher status, it's because most men feel very intimidated by powerful women.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #73
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I don't think that's true for our generation, bilbo. I really don't.
Social status is the only universal trait that all women look for in men, independent of culture and age. You can observe it anywhere.

The dead son of Gaddafi is a good example. Even though he was a well-known murderer, he was engaged with one of the hottest women. Normally you wouldn't understand why, but it's all about the power he had. Doesn't matter how corrupted he was.

Guess why you like Nole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You're right about powerful women having more difficulty finding a partner, but that's not because these women are looking for a man with a higher status, it's because most men feel very intimidated by powerful women.
I can totally understand when you think like that, because I was the same some time ago, until I started to read appropriate literature to understand the backgrounds. Your theory sounds logical on the first look, but in reality it is something different. It is true that many men are intimidated by powerful women, but the real reason is (and now you will be surprised by the easy answer ) that men usually are not attracted to women with a higher status. It is an emotional process.

Bombshell.

Last edited by Bilbo : 01-14-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Social status is the only universal trait that all women look for in men, independent of culture and age. You can observe it anywhere.

The dead son of Gaddafi is a good example. Even though he was a well-known murderer, he was engaged with one of the hottest women. Normally you wouldn't understand why, but it's all about the power he had. Doesn't matter how corrupted he was.

Guess why you like Nole?

I can totally understand when you think like that, because I was the same some time ago, until I started to read appropriate literature to understand the backgrounds. Your theory sounds logical on the first look, but in reality it is something different. It is true that many men are intimidated by powerful women, but the real reason is (and now you will be surprised by the easy answer ) that men usually are not attracted to women with a higher status. It is an emotional process.

Bombshell.
I'm not saying woman don't value social status, we do, but I don't think we specifically look for a man with higher social status than us. Not anymore, not our generations, IMO.
I'm not sure Gaddafi's son is the best example here, there are a lot of other factors you need to consider in his case.

As for Nole, I liked him when he was a nobody. I don't like him more now that he is famous and recognized, actually, and I have told Lee and star this many times, I like it better when he was not so famous. By it I don't mean him.

And why are men not atracted to women with a higher status? Because they like to be the one with the higher status. In other words, they feel intimidated.

Bombshell is your signature now?

Last edited by arm : 01-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #75
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of career, women have it much easier at the beginning (it seems easier for them to get the first few jobs and promotions), but it becomes harder for them in comparison to men as they advance. Mostly because most women struggle to have the same emotional equilibrium at the work place as men do. You can see that the vast majority of women advancing to top management have a man-like behaviour.

In terms of relationships, men have it far easier IMO as they tend to get less attached and their biological clock runs a lot slower. At 30, most single women start to get desperate. Of course, this is a general vision as there are a bunch of exceptions on both sides.
Moreover, men suffer far less pressure from society to get married, to build a family, etc. - On the other hand, they do suffer more pressure to succeed professionaly.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote