Do you think either sex has it easier than the other? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which sex has it "easier"?

Men definately have it easier! 10 37.04%
Women have it easier! 7 25.93%
I really think its about the same. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #46
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think either sex has it easier than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
It's funny I don't agree with Bilbo, but I totally agree with what you said. The bolt part it's so true. The very few times I've been with girls out of league, I never even try cause I would never think that I had a chance. It was them that came to me.
Well I really do think most of the guys are afraid of approaching beautiful women but not all beautiful women are cocky and shallow.

I think Bilbo already mentioned before and I completely agree with it; if you are decent looking and approach a beautiful girl with a original way you might be lucky because she can be surprised that you have the balls to approach her while lots of guy don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i've already heard this analysis in a cost/benefit perspective from some of my friends...

but you're missing the point, imo. it's not about honesty. most men are open enough to recognize that they want to get laid when they go on a night out. however, most men wouldn't go to a hooker. why? i think it's manly because of how degrading it is. in that regard it should be accounted that a great part of picking up girls is about ego. on the other hand, there's nothing to be proud about having sex with a hooker...
Not saying that you just said this but I am not buying the argument that having sex with a hooker is more filty than having sex with a random girl in the club who has sex with lots of people because in general I think hookers have to be really clean and SATD free all the time.

I do however thing it's exciting to go for the hunt and to play the flirt game when you go out, rather than paying money to have meaningless sex with a girl who knows her ways.

How this thread is turning out from men/women chances in life to having sex with hookers is a complete mystery to me.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #47
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This. Plus there is no exciting for most of the guys when they think they are having sex with a hooker. They will always think that 30 minutes earlier she was having sex with other guy, and 30 minutes after she was having sex again. At least I would think this way.

If they are paying drinks to a girl, trying to get her into bedm and in the end having their mission accomplished it's way more exciting and better for your ego, because you will think that your flirting skills are still on-fire. And you will never see the other girl as a hooker. Just a normal girl that wants to have fun like you.
Also, she/you will be clock watching too, and thats just no fun at all, you should get rewarded for lasting longer, not be thing its going to cost you another $60

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #48
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Well I really do think most of the guys are afraid of approaching beautiful women but not all beautiful women are cocky and shallow.

I think Bilbo already mentioned before and I completely agree with it; if you are decent looking and approach a beautiful girl with a original way you might be lucky because she can be surprised that you have the balls to approach her while lots of guy don't.

Not saying that you just said this but I am not buying the argument that having sex with a hooker is more filty than having sex with a random girl in the club who has sex with lots of people because in general I think hookers have to be really clean and SATD free all the time.

I do however thing it's exciting to go for the hunt and to play the flirt game when you go out, rather than paying money to have meaningless sex with a girl who knows her ways.
yeah

not that this is relevant to the thread but from a personal perspective, i'm not too good at flirting. however, at the risk of getting bilbo-like, i must say i've come to realize that a good strategy for me is to:

(1) always maintain eye-contact, looking at the girl deep in her eyes almost all of the time increases chances, imo. once a girl told me that i should stop flirting at her with my stare when all i was doing was simply looking at her eyes deeply.

(2) let the girls do the talking. girls love to talk about themselves so it's good to keep them entertained about their own sutff. plus, this is esp. good for me as i'm not much of a talker.

it's actually quite amazing how these 2 basic things seem to work quite a bit. i'd recommend it to everyone with a relatively reserved personality. it doesn't take much skills at all.

Quote:
How this thread is turning out from men/women chances in life to having sex with hookers is a complete mystery to me.
wait some time and it will become a fed-v-nadal thread
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #49
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

As Sham said, it really depends on the part of the world. Overall, I'd say women have it worse.

The difference between, say Central and Northern Europe compared to the Middle East is huge and not comparable.

Here in Scandinavia the sexes are quite equal IMO.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #50
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

not in Europe.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #51
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Have it easier when it comes to what? Women have way more difficult lives in many parts of the world and even in industrialized countries women have a harder life when it comes to things like making money and supporting children after marriages have fallen apart (or if they were unmarried).

...and 2003, I don't think sexual performance or ability to get an orgasm really constitute as great hardships in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #52
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Trying to pick up a broad in a club with no guarantee of sex after wasting money buying her drinks is stupid. Just get a hooker, at least then you're both honest what you're really after.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #53
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Women have to suffer PMS and periods. Men don't. End of thread.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #54
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Women have to suffer PMS and periods. Men don't. End of thread.
Yeah, but we're the ones who have to suffer the wrath of the resulting mood swings.

*Packs up and heads for the hills*
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #55
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I also think girls who are too pretty, aren't really approached much by guys because much guys already think she is out of his league.
Agreed.

Quote:
a lot of people seem to think this but i don't...

last year i started talking to who probably is the prettiest girl i've ever seen in my life. perfect body, big eyes and a face that was so innocent and beautiful you'd feel trapped. all of my mates thought she was incredibly good looking too. i tried subtly to get to know her and perhaps get a date but apparently she wasn't interested cause she didn't respond with interest to my messages. last i knew from her was that she has a boyfriend. there are pics of 2 together on facebook. dude isn't ugly but he is'nt good looking either. just a regular guy.
But what has it to do with what Javi said?

It doesn't surprise me that he's average looking. You've already given the answer to yourself. It is because women rate personality first.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #56
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Men's brain got, on average, 16% more nerve cells than women one so the answer is obvious. Sorry dumb sex.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #57
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's funny I don't agree with Bilbo, but I totally agree with what you said. The bolt part it's so true. The very few times I've been with girls out of league, I never even try cause I would never think that I had a chance. It was them that came to me.
The main problem for these guys is that they only think she's out of his league because of her looks. However, if you look at what she has achieved in life, you are likely out of her league. When you deal with girls, you have to be the price and make it clear to her. Not the other way around. If she wants you, good, if not it's her problem.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #58
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
yeah

not that this is relevant to the thread but from a personal perspective, i'm not too good at flirting. however, at the risk of getting bilbo-like, i must say i've come to realize that a good strategy for me is to:

(1) always maintain eye-contact, looking at the girl deep in her eyes almost all of the time increases chances, imo. once a girl told me that i should stop flirting at her with my stare when all i was doing was simply looking at her eyes deeply.

(2) let the girls do the talking. girls love to talk about themselves so it's good to keep them entertained about their own sutff. plus, this is esp. good for me as i'm not much of a talker.

it's actually quite amazing how these 2 basic things seem to work quite a bit. i'd recommend it to everyone with a relatively reserved personality. it doesn't take much skills at all.
They are basic things and I do it all the time.

1) Hold strong eye contact to increase the sexual tension.
2) Make her invest into you, so that you remain a challenge for her. However, after all you still need to lead the conversation if you want to come off as a confident guy.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #59
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Yeah, but we're the ones who have to suffer the wrath of the resulting mood swings.

*Packs up and heads for the hills*
I suffer my own wrath more than others. I could also go into TMI details about the physical aspects of PMS but I don't think anyone wants to know.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #60
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of career and relationship,woman definitely have it easier. All they have to choose is a wealthy guy with a good career. And they have a motley of guys hanging over them all the time.All they have to do is to choose the best one of the lot.

Whereas we guys have to pamper them,humor them,make us show our best personality and have a good opinion about everything in the world. And in the end you are not even sure you would get that. Its hard work if you ask me.
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote