The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #166
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I am not a troll.
Yes you are.
At least I hope so.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #167
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Olderer's mono was a myth. When people have mono, they pull out of events (see Soderling. Olderer made AO semi, RG final and W final with "mono". Obviously an excuse, because despite being a media darling and seemingly gracious champion, Olderer is a sore loser.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenni...-illness_N.htm

Federer's a tactical genius. Clearly, he anticipated he was going to lose to Djokovic in Australia so he faked an illness right before the tournament. That way he could claim he had mono later on! Such cunning and foresight!

I imagine he orchestrated that 5 set match with Tipsarevic as well just to he could make himself look vulnerable and make the mono story look more convincing.

It takes a keen mind like yours to see through this guy. Well done
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #168
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
cocaine most of the time.
Thought so.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #169
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakasi View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenni...-illness_N.htm

Federer's a tactical genius. Clearly, he anticipated he was going to lose to Djokovic in Australia so he faked an illness right before the tournament. That way he could claim he had mono later on! Such cunning and foresight!

I imagine he orchestrated that 5 set match with Tipsarevic as well just to he could make himself look vulnerable and make the mono story look more convincing.

It takes a keen mind like yours to see through this guy. Well done
Olderer was in a win-win situation when it came to faking life crippling illness (or so his fangirls would have us believe). You see it started in USO 2007 final where he had to rely on a horrendous choke from Novak to win. He realized then, he wasn't an invincible ballerina and a tennis god. So he was fearful that once he's exposed by young, strong and hungry players, his legacy will be questioned. (after all beating clowns like Roddick, and Mugzalez in slams doesn't take much effort).

The mono was perfect: it gave him an excuse in case he lost AND it elevated him to a status of a warrior who never gives up even when he's on his death bed. It all went according to plan. Despite Djokovic and later Nadal who started dominating him in slams, his previous achievements were never under question. After all, Goderer would easily win 3 slams in 2008 if he weren't "sick". Olderer played gullible media and tennis fans like a bunch of pawns on a chess board. Only the perceptive saw through the charade of a tennis player who feared that he was starting to lose his grip on tennis dominance because actual competition had emerged.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #170
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olderer was in a win-win situation when it came to faking life crippling illness (or so his fangirls would have us believe). You see it started in USO 2007 final where he had to rely on a horrendous choke from Novak to win. He realized then, he wasn't an invincible ballerina and a tennis god. So he was fearful that once he's exposed by young, strong and hungry players, his legacy will be questioned. (after all beating clowns like Roddick, and Mugzalez in slams doesn't take much effort).

The mono was perfect: it gave him an excuse in case he lost AND it elevated him to a status of a warrior who never gives up even when he's on his death bed. It all went according to plan. Despite Djokovic and later Nadal who started dominating him in slams, his previous achievements were never under question. After all, Goderer would easily win 3 slams in 2008 if he weren't "sick". Olderer played gullible media and tennis fans like a bunch of pawns on a chess board. Only the perceptive saw through the charade of a tennis player who feared that he was starting to lose his grip on tennis dominance because actual competition had emerged.
Wow. I had never considered it like that.

That '07 US Open final must have really scared him. Do you think he started planning the mono story then? Maybe after the trophy ceremony?

What do you think about this latest back "injury"? I mean it does have a lot in common with the whole mono thing. An injury right before Australia... could he be doing it again! Although, to be fair he has had back injuries his whole career. Unless of course he's been faking this whole time in anticipation of this day? That seems a little far-fetched though. Then again, no one would suspect his chronic back issues were just an elaborate ploy set up years ago so it could actually be the perfect cover.

I really need your view on this man. You understand this thing so well.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #171
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

stupid post.

the really myth were nadal`s injuries specially in 2009.

federer in 2008 was horrible , losing with many mugs but even with that patetic performasnce he owns nole in us open 2008 and your nadull needs 5 sets to defeat that bad federer in grass.

by the way , mugnzalez humilliated your nadull in australian open , was a really massacre
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #172
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not a troll.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #173
country flag Macbrother

Location: Ward 47 of the Tilonus Institute for Mental Disorders
Macbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond reputeMacbrother has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right. Federer was perfectly fine and healthy in '08, in fact his level of play hadn't dropped one bit. That's why he:

A) Lost to Roddick for the first time in 5 years.
B) Lost to Radek Stepanek for the first time in 6 years.
C, D, E) Lost to Mardy Fish, James Blake and Ivo Karlovic for the first time ever (two of these in straights, no less)
F) Didn't win a Masters series event for the first time in 5 years.
G) Lost as many matches in '08 as he lost in '04-06 combined.
etc etc etc.

Fed perfectly fine. All these guys just decided to just step it up, almost all of them well past their physical peak. Next you'll be telling us man didn't walk on the moon and that you are in fact, not a troll.

The greatest backhand pass ever.

fucktard. n. A special variety of retard whose condition arises not from clinically demonstrable neurological impairment, but from buttersnap shitfuckery of the mind.
Macbrother is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #174
country flag luvly1

luvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond reputeluvly1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you can try to change history all you want but at the start of the AO 2008 there was talk of roger being sick with food poisoning. He never said anything about mono until dubai or so when he went back to the doctor after he hadn't gotten better. That's when he started talking about missing his usual training block.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fe...-1111115327468

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/08/sp...pagewanted=all
luvly1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #175
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

The immaculate troll masters duo named Topspintroll and SetSampy (aka "Broken Record") have been gathering themselves a lot of vCash lately.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 01-12-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #176
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark73 View Post
Ok so at 31 he has not declined. Perhaps Aggassi and Sampras never declined either. You can't seriously believe that at 31 you are at the same level as at 24.

I said already he has declined but to a very less degree. And those who are saying that his movement was quite elaborate in 2004-07, also bear in mind that with experience he realized he doesn't need to move that a lot. he has become quite smart as well. So as much as his movement is restricted it is also by choice that he did.

And apart from Nadal and Djokovic, other players are also not playing him in awe as it used to happen like Roddick or Gonzales or Hewitt did, Like Tsonga who takes attack to him. The Tour has moved on.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #177
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No the mono crap is back again
Again, mono is the clear factor that snowballed his decline which started in a rapid way in 2008 given that the illness impeded his performances in a way that we could all see visually in a number of matches especially throughout the first half of 2008. However this was a fake decline almost as he was able to get to his more or less old level of stamina and consistency by the middle and latter stages of 2008 and went on to be quite successful in 2009 -- though helped somewhat maybe by some problems for Nadal.

His mono was an obvious sudden jarring bump in the road which had instantaneous ramifications, but his true decline for my money where you could look at him visually while playing without him suffering from any illness or whatever and say, nah he's *definitely* slower physically and/or *less fresh* mentally, was sort of US 2009 AO 2010 time, where especially his recovery time side to side seemed to be augmenting in a noticeable way.