The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #151
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
let's say for the sake of argument that he has the same 2012 ....
Wow you are one cocky fan.
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #152
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I said for a sake of argument ...and I am cocky in every area of life.....you get like that when you have things I have
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #153
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post

To address a couple of other things:

Wodger had a clear decline starting from 2008 due to mono probably and it coincided with a increased emergence of Nadal, and then Nadal and Fed ruled the roost jointly from rg 2008 - AO 2010 in roughly equal proportions but by this point (2009) as a tennis player Fed was certainly aging. I reckon Fed's prime was 2004 - 2009 but he was setback in 2008 due to mono, and from 2010 onward clearly demonstrated both a physical and mental decline compared to his best years, the signs of which I started seeing in a more permanent sense around US Open 2009 AO 2010 period -- Well he has an awful lot of matches under his legs so it's certainly understandable.

Also, to suggest that Nadal and Djokovic are better adapted to the current conditions is reasonable, certainly in the context of an aging Federer, but I think even if he was prime-time then he still might not be better equipped than Nadal and Djokovic to deal with the current conditions in tennis.

No the mono crap is back again
Matt01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #154
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said for a sake of argument ...and I am cocky in every area of life.....you get like that when you have things I have
What things? A cock?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #155
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a giant poster of Djokovic in your room? I think your parents will be displeased when they step in your room tonight.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #156
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

So when Djokovic turns 30 and he will get owned by Tomic, it just means that Djokovic does not decline, he will just have met a greater player.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #157
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark73 View Post
What things? A cock?
no man money

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
What a giant poster of Djokovic in your room? I think your parents will be displeased when they step in your room tonight.
Actually I do.....again my parents are not living with me for 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
So when Djokovic turns 30 and he will get owned by Tomic, it just means that Djokovic does not decline, he will just have met a greater player.

Tomic will never beat Novak
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #158
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No the mono crap is back again
Fed's mono problem, however much of a factor the past, is a fact.
That said, I think it was just a relative minor factor in his unevitable decline.

It's kind of hilarious to think that a player having reached 30+ of age, 1000+ matches played on ATP level, a ridiculous mileage of some complete DECADE within the top-3-4 of the ATP records, wouldn't have declined by now.

Some folks over here indeed seem to believe in 'eternal life'.
Wow to you, folks.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #159
country flag Drugs Ruin Lives

Drugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond reputeDrugs Ruin Lives has a reputation beyond repute

Good riddance.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #160
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
That said, I think it was just a relative minor factor in his unevitable decline.

I didn't mean to say that the mono didn't exist but yeah, let's say it was a ver minor fatcor in his decline. And to imply that it all started with his mono in 2008 is a bit
Matt01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #161
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I didn't mean to say that the mono didn't exist but yeah, let's say it was a ver minor fatcor in his decline. And to imply that it all started with his mono in 2008 is a bit
I agree with you - Rog was already a mite in decline in 2008, his mono infection might have been an additional factor, but surely not the 'main cause of it all', as some seem to claim.

Nothing 'lasts forever', I just wonder why so many seem to believe that, I'd understand if all of said claimers are 15-year olds.

Anathema

Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #162
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olderer's mono was a myth. When people have mono, they pull out of events (see Soderling. Olderer made AO semi, RG final and W final with "mono". Obviously an excuse, because despite being a media darling and seemingly gracious champion, Olderer is a sore loser.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #163
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Olderer's mono was a myth. When people have mono, they pull out of events (see Soderling. Olderer made AO semi, RG final and W final with "mono". Obviously an excuse, because despite being a media darling and seemingly gracious champion, Olderer is a sore loser.
You are my fav MTF troll.
Your current siggie is an additional compliment, only further emphasizing my point(s). Thank you!

Anathema

Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #164
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is a tennis demi-god. He doesn't decline, he hibernates. When he's in hibernation mode, like the last 2-3 years, he's somewhat vulnerable. But after he shed his old skin and come out of hibernation, he'll dominate again. You'll see.

This is fact, because I said it. Just accept this as your reality.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #165
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are my fav MTF troll.
Your current siggie is an additional compliment, only further emphasizing my point(s). Thank you!
I am not a troll.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote