western women converting to Islam - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: western women converting to Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
Yes, it would be much better to brainlessly follow a government.
It is, a government does not have the same unconditional love (I imagine much NK mourning is fake) as blind faith in a supposed higher being.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
Religion is just a preference, like having a stand against abortion or some other point of view.

Most of these religions have people in the past communicating to god.
No one today can say this, they would be locked up even if there were witnesses.

There's nothing wrong about liking or not liking Islam, it's just a different point of view.
People get ridiculed on points of view all the time and there's nothing wrong with doing the same to religious believers of a certain faith.

Some think some faiths are just over the edge and don't care for the followers of that faith, this can be called anti-islam, anti-christian or anti-semitism.

It's not always people hating the followers of those faiths but the repulsion that they could get brainwashed so easily into believing in them.

With this set of rules I have no problem with people saying bad things about a religion, everyones point of view in this area should be expressed if they want, it's not always hate as I mentioned above.

I was raised catholic, if anyone has bad things to say about it this is fine, I can't expect everyone to agree with my viewpoint even though now I don't agree with it either.

anti-islam, anti-christian or anti-semitism, just points of view and it's fine by me if any of these man-made rules that involve god is looked down apon.

These western woman made a choice, it means little unless rules from the religion start effecting the law and imposes these rules on everyone.
There is forced conversions in some parts of world and brainwashing too.In the video it says women in London cannot walk safe in streets without belonging to Isalm.Why governments are not stopping forced conversion?Some muslim laws are not friendly.In Midle east countries worshiping other Gods is banned.Christianity, Budhist, Hindu countries do not have such laws but why Islams have that?
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Logical;11608671.In Midle east countries worshiping other Gods is banned.Christianity, Budhist, Hindu countries do not have such laws but why Islams have that?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I hope someone answers.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
PRESSTV?

Is this forum turning into a propaganda instrument of Iran.

I gave up a few minutes into the first interview, it was so scripted.

And that English woman presenter covering her hair. Does she really think men will be overcome by lust for her body if she takes it off?

But apart from that video being scripted, I imagine when non-Muslim women fall for a Muslim guy, they are given no choice if they want to marry him. Most probably regret it later.I never got far enough into it to know if they gave any statistics on men converting.
I'm Muslim and my wife is Christian I certainly never forced her to convert, even though she has offered to.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #20
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
I suppose people belong to a particular religion not because of the comforts and freedoms they're given, but because they believe it speaks the most truths, especially regarding how we should be living. These Western Women and all the other Islam converts must simply just want to belong with the religion which they believe will make the world a better place to live.
1.) No, I think it's far too simplistic to say that people follow certain religions because they believe that they espouse the most truths. Surely it must be the case that a vast majority of religious people in the world are born into families or cultures where they'd be ostracised for not following the religion that the rest of their family/society are. I think it's probably a very small minority of religious people that have finally chosen that path after careful spiritual contemplation.

2.) Maybe it's just me being cynical, but perhaps western women marrying muslim men and converting to Islam is just a reaction against feminism? A lot of women want to be submissive and maybe they feel more comfortable being in a relationship where the man is in charge and their roles are more clearly defined.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I'm Muslim and my wife is Christian I certainly never forced her to convert, even though she has offered to.
something tells me that deep down inside of BH's squared mind, he just won't be able to process that type of idea.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

this thread and the OP are a joke btw
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm confused too.

I surveyed a number of sites, but was unable to find a simple answer to the question, "Does Islam permit a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman?'

Maybe you can help. Did you have a civil marriage or were you married by an Imam who knew your wife was not Muslim?

For me as an atheist, the whole thing about converting when marrying just illustrates the irrelevance of religion. One would think a particular religion should be something someone should come to after some thought. But it just seems to be a cultural convenience now.
If your wife has not converted freely then she must believe in her Christianity. But she seems willing to throw that away for the sake of conformity.

Maybe I should just ask abraxas.....

Last edited by buddyholly : 01-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #24
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aren't you the exception though? From my (perhaps limited) experience, whenever a non-Muslim marries a Muslim the non-Muslim usually converts to Islam, most often because he/she has to. But I'm interested in hearing about your experience; do share.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
this thread and the OP are a joke btw
You are the donkey joke
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I'm confused too.

I surveyed a number of sites, but was unable to find a simple answer to the question, "Does Islam permit a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman?'

Maybe you can help. Did you have a civil marriage or were you married by an Imam who knew your wife was not Muslim?

For me as an atheist, the whole thing about converting when marrying just illustrates the irrelevance of religion. One would think a particular religion should be something someone should come to after some thought. But it just seems to be a cultural convenience now.
If your wife has not converted freely then she must believe in her Christianity. But she seems willing to throw that away for the sake of conformity.

Maybe I should just ask abraxas.....
He can, under the condition the children are raised as Muslims. A Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim because then there is no guarantee the children will have Muslim upbringing.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #27
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
There is forced conversions in some parts of world and brainwashing too.
In the video it says women in London cannot walk safe in streets without belonging to Isalm.
Why governments are not stopping forced conversion?

Some muslim laws are not friendly.
In Midle east countries worshiping other Gods is banned.
Christianity, Budhist, Hindu countries do not have such laws but why Islams have that?
I don't like the Islam/Muslim ideals you mention.
We just have to keep an eye on them, make sure they don't get out of hand.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #28
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Aren't you the exception though? From my (perhaps limited) experience, whenever a non-Muslim marries a Muslim the non-Muslim usually converts to Islam, most often because he/she has to. But I'm interested in hearing about your experience; do share.
without claiming expertise, isn't the same for all religions really? if you want to marry in a Catholic Church you and your couple will be required to convert to Catholicism (if they're not already).

if you want to marry in some sinagog (or whereever it is where the Jews get married), you'll have to convert to Judaism

why should we expect Islam to be different?

i think the real matter is that a lot of people assume all Muslims are totally driven by their religion. needless to say, that's far from being a reality. to that extent, one can easily cite the example of marat safin who is a Muslim and yet doesn't seem too compromised with a life of religious fervor.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
without claiming expertise, isn't the same for all religions really? if you want to marry in a Catholic Church you and your couple will be required to convert to Catholicism (if they're not already).

if you want to marry in some sinagog (or whereever it is where the Jews get married), you'll have to convert to Judaism
This appears to be nonsense. If you want to get married in some cheaphell (or wherever it is where the Catholics get married) then probably, yes, one of the couple should preferably be Catholic, duh!
But there is no requirement for the other person to convert, or that the children should be brought up as Catholic, for that matter.

Last edited by buddyholly : 01-09-2012 at 04:29 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

i think the real matter is that a lot of people assume all Muslims are totally driven by their religion.
Nonsense again.

But you might be onto something if you claim that a lot of people assume that Islamic fundamentalists would prefer all Muslims to be totally driven by religion