Zhenya's news and articles ~let's gossip on Zhenya ~ - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #31
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zhenya's news and articles ~let's gossip on Zhenya ~

^^ It's true unfortunately.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #32
country flag L.R

L.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond repute

It is !! and it is unfortunate, but the way you put it is just too damn funny !
Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #33
country flag MissT

MissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond reputeMissT has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thank you ,lets hope rhey broke up xD
I really love your forum because you are interested on his professional and private life but not just that
I hope that Zhenya will becaume more famous because to not see a talented player like him in top 20 is a little bit a loss for tennis fans

Andy Roddick : Maestro of broken raquettes

WTA Queens
: Sharapova & Jankovic
MissT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #34
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

An article on LR's blog:

Anna’s cousin not afraid of Kournikova ‘curse’

By CARLOS FRíAS

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DELRAY BEACH - He doesn’t share a last name with his famous cousin, but Evgeny Korolev doesn’t hide from the Kournikova connection.

Anna Kournikova was successful. She was famous. And on any street corner in Moscow, she is still as well known as the President. None of the baggage she might bring seems to faze him: that some say she never lived up to her potential; that he has to play in her shadow; that, at 21, he, too, is still looking for a big breakthrough.

“That’s nothing tough, to grow up with Anna,” he said, almost laughing at the question. “Honestly, I would love to get that rep. All of it. I’ll take it. … She was the idol.”

Because most important, she is family. And Korolev has learned to appreciate what having the support of family can mean when your tennis game fails you, when injury threatens your livelihood, when you watch your brother, who is your trainer and closest friend, hold the tiny hand of his dying infant son.

Those are the things Korolev has learned about how family can make him a better tennis player - and not the other way around.

On a Wednesday afternoon, after upsetting American Robert Kendrick, 6-3, 3-6, 7-5, in the Delray Beach Championship, Korolev stood across from his next opponent. The big forehand didn’t faze him and Korolev went, as usual, to his tough backhand for a winner. He walked around the ping-pong table, his brother, Alexey, lowered his head and Evgeny flicked him right on the top of the head.

“I am the better player,” Alexey, 28, insists, rubbing the spot on his head where the loser always gets flicked.

“Who won today, huh?” Evgeny said.

“Well, it’s one-to-one, now,” Alexey said, and Evgeny admits the crown of his own head still hurts from yesterday’s loss.

They may be seven years apart, but those years evaporate when you’re as close as these two.

“We’re like twin brothers,” Alexey said.

They shared a room as boys, whispering into the night when their parents thought they were asleep. And today, Alexey is his trainer, and Evgeny lives with his brother, sister-in-law and their 2-year-old son, Alex, in Germany. And when they’re not working, they’re playing hockey on the frozen lake by their house, boxing and playing soccer.

They keep all the training in house. Their father, also named Evgeny, is his coach.

When something goes wrong, family is who comes to the rescue as they did the last two years when a botched hernia operation threatened Korolev’s career.

Ranked as high as 63rd in April of 2007, he dropped out of the top 100 and several times told his brother he wanted to quit as he struggled through.

“Then, after two days, he would say, ‘Alexey, I have to play tomorrow,’” his brother recalled.

He bounced back and finished in the Top 100 last year, culminated by reaching his first semifinal, at his home tournament, the Dusseldorf Challenge, in September.

But a year that was one to celebrate became one to mourn.

Alexey’s second child, another boy, Andy, was born in December with a congenital heart defect. At two weeks old, he needed open heart surgery that he would not survive. Evgeny held his brother together on the days when Alexey could not otherwise get out of bed. And when Alexey’s 2-year-old son, Alex, would ask his father to go play with him and his uncle, Evgeny, it was all that kept him going.

“When he looks you in the eye, it makes you want to go, to live,” Alexey said.

The “family tragedy,” the only way the Korolevs refer to it, left a mark on Evgeny that has affected even how he thinks about tennis. He doesn’t set goals for the year anymore. He focuses only on one day, and playing his best that day.

“I’m happy to practice and play and feel good after,” he said.

“Now I see life like not before,” Evgeny told his brother.

It’s enough that he can look to the stands on any given day and see his parents, his brother, his nephew, and this week, his aunt Alla, Anna Kournikova’s mother who lives in Palm Beach, cheering him on. And they’re more important to live up to than any legacy.

“As long as they write about me, I’m happy. Good, bad, whatever,” Korolev said. “I want to make it, so I have to be tough.”

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 05-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #35
country flag ~*BGT*~

He's still with the GF. Or maybe a new one...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #36
country flag L.R

L.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond repute

what makes you say that Danielle ?! she's been seen somewhere ?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 AM   #37
country flag ~*BGT*~

She was seen in Houston... she's got a whole bunch of freckles.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #38
country flag L.R

freckles ?! ok, now that's new !!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
country flag jaana

jaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond reputejaana has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.sport-express.ru/2010-01-11/339231/

there's a short article on the country/switch in a Russian sportspaper today, here's a sketchy (really sketchy) translation

World #53 Muscovite Evgeny Korolev will be representing Kazakhstan from now on.

President of RTF stated that Kazakh TF offered the 21 year old tennis player very advantageous financial conditions, allowing for quality training and improvement. "My attitude to it is negative. However when a player is offered, what our federation can't, it's difficult to compete with them", says Tarpischev.

*then recites all the new Kazakhs*

Tarpischev is saying that sponsoring of young Russian tennis players by small and medium business decreases, and soon Russia's men's nationational tem's reserve might become a burning prolem.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #40
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't like the switch but I understand why he did it now. Hmmm... his tennis level is gettin' higher and he could've been a very good member of the Russian team this year.
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #41
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Moser is coaching him now. Is there any news about this on his website? I only saw the news on frankymoser.de.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #42
country flag L.R

Zhenya doesn't have a website anymore (it's been a while) ... and i stopped my blog, so there's actually nowhere to get info specifically about him on the web ...

But i can tell you that it's true, Franky became his coach, they travel full time together now.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have any news about Korolev ?

he's had a terrible year 2011 tennis-wise, finishing number 295, and hasn't played since september.

It seems that he's now coached by Gabriel Markus ( http://gabrielmarkus.blogspot.com/20...idente-de.html ) and also that he married to his long-time girlfriend Anna in july :

http://m.bnpparibasopen.com/Tennis/M...-15July11.aspx

What are his plans about tennis now ? What does he feel like ? Does he intend to play futures ? I can't see him on any entry-list for january in challengers and futures, and only very far in alternate lists for ATP tournaments (excluding Aus open).

Last edited by duong : 01-05-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: checked futures
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote