The Mighty MM - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #556
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mighty MM

He hasn't played since Shanghai, where was he all this time? Everything okay? Ready for 2012?
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #557
ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Taking a short break and doing some training back in oz
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #558
country flag MissChaChaCha

MissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond repute

Marinko won second consecutive AO wildcard at Melbourne Park today !

His results :

1st Round : M.Matosevic (2) vs. Bye
2nd Round : M.Matosevic (2) d. S.Groth : 6/4,7/6(6)
Quarterfinal : M.Matosevic (2) d. N.Kyrgios : 6/3,3/6,6/4
Semifinal : M.Matosevic (2) d. M.Look (8) : 4/6,6/3,6/0
Final : M.Matosevic (2) d. J.Duckworth (5) : 6/4,6/1,6/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HMpzGBvy2DA
MissChaChaCha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:07 AM   #559
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChaChaCha View Post
Marinko won second consecutive AO wildcard at Melbourne Park today !

His results :

1st Round : M.Matosevic (2) vs. Bye
2nd Round : M.Matosevic (2) d. S.Groth : 6/4,7/6(6)
Quarterfinal : M.Matosevic (2) d. N.Kyrgios : 6/3,3/6,6/4
Semifinal : M.Matosevic (2) d. M.Look (8) : 4/6,6/3,6/0
Final : M.Matosevic (2) d. J.Duckworth (5) : 6/4,6/1,6/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HMpzGBvy2DA
followed this play off games on AO.com, hope this will be a good start for his 2012 season
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #560
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Good article here on the battler and his plans for 2012:

Quote:
Wild ride for a wild card
BY ROY WARD
19 Dec, 2011 04:00 AM
SOME athletes talk the talk about keeping in touch with their home towns. Dandenong's Marinko Matosevic walks the talk - literally.

The 26-year-old Dandenong professional tennis player loves nothing more than heading to "Dandy Plaza" to catch up with his old schoolmates from Dandenong High School, although lately he hasn't been able to do that much after winning the Australian Open play-off earlier this month.

That win earned him a wild-card entry to the Australian Open, which will mark his third appearance in the grand slam.

The former Dandenong Tennis Club junior, who still holds honorary membership, said he wanted to launch his campaign to move into the ATP top 100 with a strong showing at the Open.

He is ranked 202 in the world after reaching a career-high 131 ranking last March. "I'm feeling better this year and more ready to make a move," he said. "But that was the plan last year as well and things didn't work out."

Matosevic is coached by former leading Australian player Mark Woodforde and after a year under his guidance feels his game is elevating to the level needed to win each week on the world tour.

In tennis, consistent wins lead to rapid moves up the world rankings.

Getting inside the top 100 is not just an aspiration for Matosevic, it's the key to his hopes of building a successful career on the circuit.

All this year Matosevic was forced to play in qualifying tournaments to get into key ATP tour events. Such a gruelling schedule made it difficult for him to keep his ranking from dropping down.

"You play in the qualifying tournament and then you are back playing two or three days later," he said. "When you have no direct entry to these tournaments it becomes tough to back up each week - that was the hardest part about this year."

Matosevic said working with Woodforde was an adjustment but was proving beneficial to his game.

While in Australia, Matosevic also spends time working with Woodforde's long-time doubles partner Todd Woodbridge.

"I took some time to get used to the way we worked together," he said. "But Mark has done it all in tennis so he has so much to offer me and has gone through all the things I am going through now as a young player ."

While Matosevic does the majority of his training at Melbourne Park or other city locations, he also likes to drop past Dandenong Tennis Club to send down a few serves. "Every now and then I use that honorary membership and go hit some serves," he said.

Matosevic admits he felt the pressure of his own expectations when his ranking rose to 131 earlier in the year. In 2012 he plans to show more maturity and control and take each game as it comes.

"I got a little anxious last year," he said. "When your ranking gets that high it's really not that far, maybe a few weeks good play from climbing into that top 100. But when I think about the year ahead I'm pretty confident I can go higher."

With the Australian Open on the horizon, Matosevic is excited. He plans to play in tournaments in Brisbane, Sydney and finally the Open in Melbourne.

Judging from his previous visits to Melbourne Park he will have plenty of support. "My whole family and lots of my friends come along to support me," he said.

Regardless of whatever bright lights await Matosevic, he said he was always kept grounded by his memories of being on the other side of the fence.

"I remember when I was a teenager getting on the Cranbourne or the Pakenham train line with some mates and coming to the Australian Open," he said.

"We are very fortunate to have a grand slam here. It's a cool feeling to get to play in it because I went there so many times when I was younger."
http://www.greaterdandenongweekly.co...px?storypage=0

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #561
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Never knew he went to Dandy high. About 20 mins from my house.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #562
ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

wc for brisbane

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2011/1...c-and-rogowska
Old 12-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #563
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to him. Hopefully he gets a nicer draw than this year.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)

Last edited by jmf07 : 12-27-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Because I can
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #564
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with the draw!!

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #565
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Matosevic drew Tommy Haas in round 1 of Brisbane. I think its a winnable match. but it will be tough.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #566
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
Matosevic drew Tommy Haas in round 1 of Brisbane. I think its a winnable match. but it will be tough.
Yeah it would not be a surprise to see him win this match but Haas is the favourite. Hopefully Marinko can play some good tennis.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #567
country flag Chris.

Hopfully its the night session match on Tuesday as i love both players . Although i think i read Murray will be playing night.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #568
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Marinko takes the court for his match against Tommy Haas. A real chance here.
Not sure why they scheduled him 3rd match on in singles and fifth match on for doubles, on different courts. The match prior to the doubles (King vs Hantuchova) could be over before his match is over. Ludicrous.
Should have played before Ebden - blind Freddy could have picked that one.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #569
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

MMM saves three break points in first service game and holds for 1-1. Go4it MMM. Off home now... so good luck Marinko.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #570
ozfan44

Unlucky went down 63 75.

How did he play?