Brad Drewett replaces Helfant as the new CEO of the ATP - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brad Drewett replaces Helfant as the new CEO of the ATP

Sorry Richard Krajicek.

Quote:
LONDON - Brad Drewett, former player and current ATP senior executive, has been named as the organisation’s new Executive Chairman and President, it was announced today. He begins his role on January 1, 2012, and will be based in the ATP's London office.

The 53-year-old Australian’s 3-year appointment was voted unanimously by the ATP Board of Directors with Drewett considered to be ideally qualified to take on the multi-faceted role with his extensive experience at the ATP. Drewett currently serves as CEO of the ATP International Group, where he has overseen operations in the Middle East, Asia and Pacific regions since 1999. Prior to that, Drewett served as an elected member of the Player Council and an ATP Player Board Representative (1993-1999). He has also been Tournament Director of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and formerly the Tennis Masters Cup since 2001, and has been instrumental in the event’s tremendous success.

During his 12-year professional playing career, Drewett reached a career-high ranking of 34 in singles, winning two ATP World Tour titles, and represented Australia in Davis Cup competition. The Australian Open Junior champion (1975, 1977) reached the quarter-finals in his first Grand Slam in Melbourne in 1976.

“I am honoured to have this opportunity to lead the ATP, an organisation that I am proud to have been a part of since the beginning of my professional playing career,” Drewett said. “The ATP World Tour and men’s tennis are stronger than ever and it is my intention to continue to lead the organisation on this successful path, working hand in hand with our players and tournaments. I am very excited about the opportunities ahead.”

ATP Player Council President Roger Federer said, “Brad is a very experienced executive and has been an effective leader within the ATP for many years. He understands the global nature of the business as well as the complexities of dealing with all of the Tour's stakeholders. I am confident that Brad's work ethic and leadership will help contribute to the continued success of the ATP World Tour.”

ATP Board Representative Gavin Forbes said, “Brad has the perfect combination of proven business abilities and understanding of player and tournament perspectives to oversee the continued growth of the ATP World Tour. He has been an integral part of the Tour’s success over the last decade, and will be able to get straight to work in January thanks to his deep relationships within the sport.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brad Drewett the new CEO of the ATP

Drewett should have got the job before. He has been around the ATP for ages, not a bad guy but I don't think he's really going to do much for the organisation.

Can't be worse than Helfant or Mr. Disney.

News announced via twitter.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brad Drewett replaces Helfant as the new CEO of the ATP

Sounds like a decent choice.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have an idea of Drewett's plans? what's his views on doping controls, match fixing investigations, courts speed, balls? will he try to push the tournament directos to build roofs, will he try to bring more tournaments to Asia?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Better than some uninvested rich guy, or Krajicek I reckon. Although apparently the ATP players wanted a European guy. Oh well!
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully as an ex Aussie pro he'll bring some variety to the game ie faster courts.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
country flag Smiling Buddha

Smiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond repute

Ion Tiriac would be the much better option. I was always hoping to see blue grass and maybe blue hardwood surfaces introduced to the ATP tour.
Smiling Buddha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Buddha View Post
Ion Tiriac would be the much better option. I was always hoping to see blue grass and maybe blue hardwood surfaces introduced to the ATP tour.
Might you perhaps be, what I suspect, a major troll?

Anathema

Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
country flag tribalfusion
Banned!

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/.../my-entry.html
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
country flag Smiling Buddha

Smiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Might you perhaps be, what I suspect, a major troll?
No I might not.

However, I do think that blue grass would be pretty fascinating.

Obviously it will not be used in Wimbledon because the ITF controls the slams but it would be interesting to see of used in Halle or S'Hertagonbosch.
Smiling Buddha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
Surprise surprise Bozo shows up casting doubt on Drewett and the guy hasn't even started on the job yet. Yawn.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobama View Post
Surprise surprise Bozo shows up casting doubt on Drewett and the guy hasn't even started on the job yet. Yawn.
If Bozo is against it I'm for it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Obvious. +1.

Anathema

Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Drewett has been the tournament director for the TMC.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #15
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
this
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote