Retired Players Forums - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Where should retired players subforums go?

In a separate subforum in the Players subforum 9 47.37%
In Blast from the Past 4 21.05%
Leave them where they are 4 21.05%
Other - please specify 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retired Players Forums

Hey everyone.

Just canvassing some opinions here.

As the forum gets older, we have more and more players who have their own subforums who have retired, in some cases several years ago.

Clearly what we need is a separate players section for the legends of the past.

Question is, where do we put it? As a separate subforum of the Players section? In the Blast from the Past section? Somewhere else? Leave them where they are?

Let us know what you think, we'll probably make the change, whatever it is, in the off season.

Thanks
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retired Players Forums

A very interesting "problem", Chris.
I personally would like to see it leave where they are (when it comes to my personal favs ), or perhaps indeed a separate subforum of the players section?

Point is that I think that a lot of fans of said retired players still enjoy discussing with each other where they always have done so, where they know their fellow fans will be around, etc.

The "blast from the past"-section seems a bit 'ded' to me, but maybe that's just my impression.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll try to do your best.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit strange to see this poll in "Non Tennis" Chris.
Don't you think you would get more feedback in the Site discussion area?

I would like to see the Blast from the Past part of MTF improve so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to move all the retired players forums over there.
But I could understand it when for example the fans of Safin would like to have the forum of Marat at the place they are used to.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Separate subforum for me.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

this will be tough for me to explain, but I will try:

I suggest they stay where they are but the actual forum will be located in the blast of the past section, so for instance when I go to France from the players subforums, I will find the "Fabrice Santoro Message Board", in the list, but when I click on it I would be re-directed to a subforum within the "blast from the past" section where all the threads related to Fabrice Santoro are

this will make it possible to enter the Fabrice Santoro forum from the "blast from the past" section as well, so when I access the blast from the past section I will see the subforums there at the top of players that can also be accessed from the old route, so there are two ways to go there, this would keep the blast from the past section active as well as not confuse old users of the subforums by re-locating the subforum header elsewhere

also, this way there will be a distinction between players who were active when MTF existed and players who are simply located in the "blast from the past" section because they have long been retired before MTF site was there, I think this would be a good common ground for both sides
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Chris?? Isn't Scoops a woman and had a signature saying she is a she.
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
It's a bit strange to see this poll in "Non Tennis" Chris.
Don't you think you would get more feedback in the Site discussion area?

I would like to see the Blast from the Past part of MTF improve so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to move all the retired players forums over there.
But I could understand it when for example the fans of Safin would like to have the forum of Marat at the place they are used to.
I will move it there in a few days, but it's more likely to get noticed first in Non-Tennis
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #8
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

in a separate subforum imo

As more and more guys from countries get popular, the subforums will get super crowded, so I'd suggest a 'Retired Players' subforum for the retired guys
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Fully agree with Habib, if that's a workable option.

Anything that makes threads easier to find.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post

I suggest they stay where they are but the actual forum will be located in the blast of the past section, so for instance when I go to France from the players subforums, I will find the "Fabrice Santoro Message Board", in the list, but when I click on it I would be re-directed to a subforum within the "blast from the past" section where all the threads related to Fabrice Santoro are

this will make it possible to enter the Fabrice Santoro forum from the "blast from the past" section as well, so when I access the blast from the past section I will see the subforums there at the top of players that can also be accessed from the old route, so there are two ways to go there, this would keep the blast from the past section active as well as not confuse old users of the subforums by re-locating the subforum header elsewhere

also, this way there will be a distinction between players who were active when MTF existed and players who are simply located in the "blast from the past" section because they have long been retired before MTF site was there, I think this would be a good common ground for both sides
I quite like this idea if we can make it work and as long as it helps to reduce the clutter that will build up in country forums due to retired players.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Just delete them. Nobody cares about players after they retire.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I like habibko's idea too but if not workable, a subforum in players' forum
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Separate subforum for me.
Congrats on being a Moderator now

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post

If it would work, I would like this idea also. Good job habibko

Old 12-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

I haven't heard anymore about this, but on the off season I have just been looking around at the players forums and I have seen so many where the players are no longer active in any type of tennis. They aren't in Expos. or Seniors/Masters Tournaments--nothing--they are completely out of tennis. But the Forums are still right where they have always been. And, of course, since the players aren't active the Forums aren't active either.