What is the best route - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
country flag alaw989

alaw989 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best route

Hello,

I'm looking to try to play some college tennis. I'm a 4.0 player and playing on a couple USTA leagues, but I'm only 24. The way my game is looking right now, I'm feeling like I need to try to get even more competitive. If I could start playing some real meaningful, challenging tennis for a college, one of my late realized life goals would be achieved. See the thing is, I've already graduated from a D1 college so that rules out eligibility for playing for any D1 school...is what I was told. I'm not sure about D2, need to check on that.

If collegiate tennis is not an option...then I have been considering joining the Air Force. Does anyone have any experience on what playing tennis in the military is like? How could I get involved with it?

Or any other suggestions? Train harder and play futures? Lol
alaw989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
country flag alaw989

alaw989 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the best route

thanks for all the quick responses
alaw989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the best route

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaw989 View Post
Hello,

I'm looking to try to play some college tennis. I'm a 4.0 player and playing on a couple USTA leagues, but I'm only 24. The way my game is looking right now, I'm feeling like I need to try to get even more competitive. If I could start playing some real meaningful, challenging tennis for a college, one of my late realized life goals would be achieved. See the thing is, I've already graduated from a D1 college so that rules out eligibility for playing for any D1 school...is what I was told. I'm not sure about D2, need to check on that.

If collegiate tennis is not an option...then I have been considering joining the Air Force. Does anyone have any experience on what playing tennis in the military is like? How could I get involved with it?

Or any other suggestions? Train harder and play futures? Lol
You should still be able to play D1, you have 5 years of athletic eligibility left, so long as you didn't play any other D1 sports while you were in school. However, I don't think you would make a large D1 school starting roster seeing as they are stacked with 5.0+ players. Try playing for a smaller private school. That might be your best shot.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote