All Pete Sampras matches (ATP Tour) - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #466
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Pete Sampras matches (ATP Tour)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
Sampras was leading 4:2 in the first set!
how are you Greg ?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #467
country flag kiki24

kiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond reputekiki24 has a reputation beyond repute

There was an exhibition tournament in China that featured Sampras, alongside Li Na, Carlos Moya and Sabine Lisicki! Here's a write-up and some great quotes from the players (with photos from the matches and press conference!)

Sampras, Moya, Lisicki Join Li Na for Exhibition Tournament in China http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/11412
kiki24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #468
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Match number 763

Tournament: U.S. Open
Surface: hard
Round: QF
Date: 9 September 1998

P.Sampras - K.Kucera 6-3 7-5 6-4

- Sampras took revenge for Australian Open quarterfinal loss.
- "I always remember my losses" - Sampras said before this match.
- Sampras served 13 aces, Kucera only 4.
- Sampras had 48 winners, Kucera 27.
- "With the conditions, it wasn`t fun to play. Wasn`t the best of tennis, but I got through it" - Sampras said.
- Kucera was leading 3:0 in the 2nd set!

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #469

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Match number 739

Tournament: Roland Garros
Surface: clay
Round: 2
Date: 27 May 1998

P.Sampras - R.Delgado 6-7(6) 3-6 4-6

- R.Delgado was ranked 97-th in the world.
- Sampras was leading 4-1 in the first set before first rain delay.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 3 minutes.
- R.Delgado was better in aces (12-10).
- Sampras made 6 double-faults.
- Sampras made 38 unforced errors.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- "This is a dream. I worked all my life for a victory like this" - Delgado said.

- Sampras was leading even 4:1 (40:30) on Delgado serve(!) in the 1st set. He had two chances to take a 5:1 lead, but didn`t convert. He had also 4:2 (40:15) on serve and later 5:4 lead in the tiebreaker.
- In the 3rd set Delgado was even up 4:1 with two breaks.

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #470

Quote:
Match number 761

Round: 3
Date: 5 September 1998

P.Sampras - M.Tillstrom 6-2 6-3 6-1

- Tillstrom was ranked 71-th in the world.
- Sampras served 14 aces.
- Sampras made 7 double-faults, Tillstrom 6.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 18 minutes.
- Tillstrom broke Sampras in the first game of the 1st set and also in the first game of the 2nd set!
- Tillstrom was even leading 2:0 (15:0) in the 2nd set after winning 9 points in a row! Later Pete demolished him without any problems.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #471
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

hello Greg, long time no see, how are you?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #472

Quote:
Match number 107

Round: 3
Date: 1 September 1990(?)

P.Sampras - J.Hlasek 6-3 6-4 6-1
- Hlasek said after that match: "He has the game to win it, win it all. It is tough to play him because you don’t know what is coming. It is very hard to see what he is doing, I had no clue what to do. I had no timing at all".
- Sampras said: "Maybe in a couple of years but I don’t think that it’s realistic right now. I think I have the game, it’s just a matter of putting it all together at one time and keeping my concentration at a high level. I can do it in a couple of years but it’s tough, for the way that I play, to win a Grand Slam at age 19".

Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
hello Greg, long time no see, how are you?
Hi mimi. I`m still alive as you see. Very long time no see. I`m fine and you?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #474
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Hi mimi. I`m still alive as you see. Very long time no see. I`m fine and you?
are you working now?

no, i am not fine, have been in very bad mental and physical status for almost one year

Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #475

Quote:
Match number 123

Tournament: C.G.S.C. Munchen
Surface: indoor
Round: QF
Date: 12 December 1990(?)

P.Sampras - G.Ivanisevic 7-6(2) 6-7(5) 8-6

- Sampras was serving for the match in the second set!
- This match lasted 2 hours and 24 minutes.
- Sampras was serving for the match at 6:5 in the 2nd set.
- Ivanisevic wasted four mini match points at 4:4 on Sampras serve in the deciding set!
- First win over Ivanisevic.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
are you working now?

no, i am not fine, have been in very bad mental and physical status for almost one year
Mimi I will reply you in The Chat Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #477

Quote:
Match number 122

Tournament: C.G.S.C. Munchen
Round: 1
Date: 10 December 1990(?)

P.Sampras - A.Cherkasov 5-7 6-2 7-5
- Sampras lost the first set when he committed two double-faults.
- Sampras was serving for the match at 5:4 in the 3rd set, but Cherkasov broke back.
- The match lasted 2 hours and 19 minutes.
- "I wasn't hitting my ground strokes very well" - Sampras said.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #478

Quote:
Match number 162

Tournament: Cincinnati
Round: FINAL
Date: 11 August 1991(?)

P.Sampras - G.Forget 6-2 6-7(4) 4-6

- This match lasted 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- Sampras won more points than Forget (87-82)!
- Both players served 14 aces.
- An article about that match http://www.samprasfanz.com/news/1990/19910812.html
- "I didn`t feel I could win until match point" - Forget said.
- "As soon as I lost the first game of the third set, I knew it was going to be an uphill battle" - Sampras said.
- "This is probably one of the best tournaments of my life" - Forget told the crowd.
- Sampras was three points away from victory two times in the 2nd set.
- Forget broke Sampras only once in the whole match, in the last game of the final!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #479

Quote:
Match number 206

Tournament: Philadelphia
Round: FINAL
Date: 22 February 1992

P.Sampras - A.Mansdorf 6-1 7-6(4) 2-6 7-6(2)

- first title in 1992.
- Sampras served 21 aces, Mansdorf 8.
- Sampras made 6 double-faults.
- This match lasted 2 hours and 43 minutes.
- Sampras won 138 points, Mansdorf 130.
- "I am really jealous of his serve" - Mansdorf said.
- Mansdorf was two points away from winning the 2nd set at 5:4 (30:30) on Sampras serve.
- Sampras was leading 3:1 in the 4th set.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #480

Quote:
Match number 757

Tournament: New Haven
Round: 2
Date: 19 August 1998

P.Sampras - L.Hewitt 6-1 7-6(4)

- First meeting with Lleyton Hewitt.
- Hewitt was ranked 151-th in the world.
- "It should be a good experience" - Hewitt said before the match.
- Hewitt broke Sampras serve twice in this match.
- Sampras served 12 aces.
- This match lasted 1 hour and 12 minutes.
- Hewitt broke Sampras in the first game of the match, but later Pete won eight games in a row!
- Sampras was leading even 6:1, 2:0, but Hewitt won the next three games.