Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best chance of winning a major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

Andy Murray 7 35.00%
Jo Wilfred Tsonga 5 25.00%
Juan Martin Del Potro 5 25.00%
Other 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
country flag Jaffas85

Jaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

Outside of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer who do you think has the most credible chance of capturing a major title in 2012? And at which major?

I think the only three players who have any chance of taking a major title, outside of the top three, are:

1. Tsonga
2. Murray
3. Del Potro

I think that Tsonga potentially has the best chance because when he's playing his very best, and when feeding off the energy of the crowd, he can beat the top three players and playing them at grand slam level doesn't daunt him. He's a more aggressive player than Murray and not as injury prone as Del Potro.

Thoughts?
Jaffas85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

I agree with everything you said.
Tsonga clearly has the best chance outside of the top 3.

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Tipsarevic | Isner | Raonic | Baker

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

I agree with you with Tsonga and Murray. If Berdych has the potential to do it too but needs two weeks of mental strenght and consistency. I`m not sure that Delpo is ready yet.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cańas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo has to stay injury free and motivated enough, it's hard for him to be ready both phisically and mentally. Kinder Bueno will never win a GS, he's always injured and has a merry maker lifestyle
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Gasquet
His collaboration with Piatti is going to bear fruit. Last year, he made a really promising season but after the USO, he was cut down in his stride coz to injuries. He could snatch Wimbledon or the Olympics (the 2012 fifth slam).
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
Maybe Gasquet
His collaboration with Piatti is going to bear fruit. Last year, he made a really promising season but after the USO, he was cut down in his stride coz to injuries. He could snatch Wimbledon or the Olympics (the 2012 fifth slam).
I believed that aswell in the past . I think he has a two or three years left to prove that he can do something with his amazing talent but I`m afraid that is not going to happen .
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cańas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian will Johansson the shit out of everyone at the AO

My guess is Monfils

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote