Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PopCon 2011 Interview Thread - Semifinalists' Interviews

7K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
PopCon 2011 Interview Thread​

So others can get to know you better, or just for fun, here's a thread where you can answer questions.
There might be special interviews with the contestants in the high rounds later in the contest.

The thread is open to everyone, just please try to stick to the Q&A format somehow.
Here are some questions that you can start with, you can answer all of them or pick and choose just a few, or even make up new questions of your own, in 4 categories(you don't have to stick to the categories, they're just here for convenience):

PopCon

What do you think the PopCon is about?

In your opinion, what's the difference between the ACC and the PopCon?

If you win, as the reigning people's champion, what do you intend to do during your ruling year?

If you don't win, how do you plan to passively guilttrip the winner throughout the year?

Do you think there should be some joint activity for the four MTF champions, and what do you propose?

Predict this year's winner.

Name someone who you'd like to see win, but don't think has a chance.

MTF

A mod genie appears to you, and you have three instant MTF wishes. What do you ask for?

What do you like doing on MTF most?

How would you compare the four MTF contests(ACC, PopCon, MsMTF, MrMTF) with the four slams?

Do you play TT, and what are your career highlights?

Do you agree with the permaban policy? (= should any member be permabanned, ever)

How do you generally react to a thread/post that annoys you?

If you could invite five people from public life into MTF, and be certain that they'd join, who would you invite?

Tennis

Who are your favourite players, and why?

How closely do you follow the ATP tour, and what would you say your tennis knowledge level is?

What's your favourite slam, and why?

Do you think the concept of the Big 4 is entirely justified and what do you think about their place in history and legacy?

Which player is, in your opinion, hugely underrated?

Name three things about the tour that you'd like to see fixed.

Do you have any matchups that you watch purposely for the bad tennis?

Personality

Describe yourself in three words.

Describe your mornings in three words.

Name at least three things in your life that you love equally as much as tennis.

What kind of music do you like, and how much does it mean to you?

What are your five favourite movies?

Favourite things from your childhood?

If you had a free afternoon in a big city, where would you spend it;
a)the park,
b)modern bars, checking out the people,
c)dingy bars, getting dead drunk,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
f)whatever sports event you can find on short notice,
g)the mall/city centre/shopping,
h)something else - describe.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: PopCon 2011 Interview Thread

PopCon

Code:
entertaining stuff

Code:
more less same, just without bashing

Code:
If you win, as the reigning people's champion, what do you intend to do during your ruling year?
miracles

Code:
If you don't win, how do you plan to passively guilttrip the winner throughout the year?
depends who wins

Code:
Do you think there should be some joint activity for the four MTF champions, and what do you propose?
make them pay

Code:
and share easy vmoney with the mugs if there will be vbetting . no way...

Code:
start da game

MTF

Code:
A mod genie appears to you, and you have three instant MTF wishes. What do you ask for?
3 posts in which I can tell what I want to some posters without being banned

Code:
make rafa tards pay

Code:
How would you compare the four MTF contests(ACC, PopCon, MsMTF, MrMTF) with the four slams?
ACC = Wimbledon, PopCon = RG , MsMTF and MrMTF = AO and USO
Code:
no

Code:
Do you agree with the permaban policy? (= should any member be permabanned, ever)
mods aren't the persons who own this place so they shouldn't be able to restrict life-time access to anybody
Code:
like deserved

Code:
If you could invite five people from public life into MTF, and be certain that they'd join, who would you invite?
nadal, almagro , verdasco, boredo and cilic

Tennis

Code:
R. Federer . Plays tennis like tennis is invented to be played

Code:
How closely do you follow the ATP tour, and what would you say your tennis knowledge level is?
too close. more than good
Code:
Wimby . Goat slam
Code:
Do you think the concept of the Big 4 is entirely justified and what do you think about their place in history and legacy?
Till murray doesn't win a slam it should be Big 3 . Fed = Goat , Nadal = 15-20 of all time , Djokovic = outside top 30

Code:
Isner and Karlovic

Code:
ban retirements few games till the end of the match , respect 25 second rule between the points , take masters 1000 from Shanghai

Code:
Troicki to anyone

Personality

Code:
stubborn, emotional , nervous

Code:
all over again

Code:
Name at least three things in your life that you love equally as much as tennis.
mom , dad , sister

Code:
mostly croatian music , can hear anything except metal , rap and in croatia we have " seljačija "

Code:
Gladiator . Brave heart . Die Hard 1-4 . Lethal weapon ( 1-4 ).

Code:
all day playing without having any concerns

Code:
a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

#6 ·

Great answers so far.

- start da game
:rolls: :worship:

- podcasts
That's a really interesting idea. Filo V + finishingmove + Eve + ? = :hearts:. Though maybe such a group deserves video, too. :angel:

- Perving
Preach! :devil:

When it was started, Naranoc and I wanted to watch people behave in a moral dilemma whom from the little society MTF is they prefer more: friend A or friend B, and the reactions of the aforementioned friends after decision was made. And we wanted to gossip about it by PM. Plus we wanted to kick the shit out of the Rafa chat thread.
So, basically, for science. ;)

Federer because he would be amaze in bed. I have wet dreams about him.

Men. Chocolate. White wine.
You have good taste imo. :p

#3 ·

PopCon

I think the popcon is a popularity contest where you vote for your favorite MTFer

ACC is more of where you vote for someone you find annoyingly hilarious.

be more active

assuming i lose to the eventual winner, casually drop the fact that they annhilated me in the contest

podcasts

Nathii

me! hahahahaha

MTF

1) a lifetime membership
2) access to my old reps
3) MTF World peace

Perving

Australian Open = Pop Con
Roland Garros = Ms. MTF
Wimbldon = ACC
US Open = Mr. MTF

i do not

i agree people should be permabanned for creepery and spamming, but some people should not have been banned.

I roll my eyes

Dmitry Tursunov, Ivo Karlovic, Dmitry Tursunov, Dmitry Tursunov, Dmitry Tursunov

Tennis

My favorite player is Juan Carlos Ferrero because he likes cars and hot and pervable.

I don't follow as close as I used to, but I'd like to say my knowledge is above average

I like the Australian Open, because it's the one I'd like to go see and meet all my Aussie chicas and perv with them.

Don't care

Dunno

the scheduling, i wish i could get the draw and which half is playing first, earlier for when i'm planning on attending tournaments

nar

Personality

fat, bubbly, nice

fuck you, mornings!

subarus, sunglasses, shopping

I like stuff I can move to, and it's important to me.

1) Fight Club
2) The Italian Job
3) Gone in 60 Seconds
4) Pride and Prejudice
5) Lilo and Stitch

I had this stuffed bunny that I used to take by the ears and wack my sister with when she was annoying me.

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

#4 ·

PopCon

When it was started, Naranoc and I wanted to watch people behave in a moral dilemma whom from the little society MTF is they prefer more: friend A or friend B, and the reactions of the aforementioned friends after decision was made. And we wanted to gossip about it by PM. Plus we wanted to kick the shit out of the Rafa chat thread.

PopCon provides more blood, though 2011 edition is shaping to be niche and peaceful.

I'd probably go back to the challenger forum, speak to no one, and watch Filo V every day performing his very best.

I don't think I've done it so far in any contest, so I guess I'll just do what I always do - go back to the challenger forum, speak to no one, and watch Filo V every day perfoming his very best.

Fight for the better world.

I think Mike is able to repeat his success from 2010; in the final last year I had people working for votes for me, and he alone must have done an insane job, I don't imagine anyone surpassing such stunts. Unless he plays Betty, because maybe he wouldn't campaign against her. Sonja1989 can go very very far as well.

Henry Chinaski. Great journalist, speaks about the world as he sees it, no drama, no fakeness, witty and spot on.

MTF

Unlimited reps, big avatars, hahaha threads

Reading Johnny Groove threads.

After the surface homogenization slams are pretty much the same, while our contests are still different.

I think managing a masters with ibreak4coffee was something cool this year.

People like Ernham, Ezekiel and stuff - surely yes. But as the forum lasts, there are people who show their nice side, who have friends, who are really missed, and I think forum contributors (in this way) shouldn't be permabanned.

I try not to, but sometimes I reply very very seriously to people who claim every match where a player lost after having a mp is fixed, or where people speak up on Kazakhstan/Russian/Ukrainian issues having no dim clue about our reality in this part of the world.

Surely Michael Jackson so he could meet Bilbo and they can read a book together on how to seduce much younger girls.
And probably leng jai's mom so everyone could fap at her posts.

Tennis

At this moment? Nalbandian for old time's sake and Dolgopolov because he is magic with all his approach. I also enjoy players like Lalo, Stakhovsky, Kubot, Mannarino, Stepanek when they are on.

I used to be a journalist on this for over 6 years (omg) so I generally was up to date.

US Open because it starts at normal hour.

At this moment, yes.

Probably the answer would be "David Ferrer," but a few years ago he accidentaly became a hero of a silly thread, so he is recognized here. Earlier he wasn't.

Schukin-Dolgopolov, Volandri-Starace, Chela-Schwank

Matteo Viola vs. Paolo Lorenzi

Personality

I am Nat(s).

chaos. zombie. 4pm.

coffee, coffee with whipped cream, volleyball, sunsets on the beach at the baltic sea at 7 C degrees in summer, sushi in moscow, walks at nights through the big cities. one thing would be ahead of tennis and other things: creating emotion/laughter with my writing

i'm not a big freak but out of more known bands i'd mention system of a down, gogol bordello, archive, placebo, radiohead, pearl jam, metallica

shaun of the dead, battle royale, les visiteurs, kill bill and let's have one serious - the shawshank redemption

my cat

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
i live in a big city and in the busy afternoons i do things mentioned here a-h while
in the afternoons which i have free, i sit on mtf

#5 ·

Voting for the least retarded MTF poster. Guess 90% of us don't stand a chance.

ACC is all about hate and being vile. I'm guessing this is about fake love for people you have never met.

I'll try to be more bitchy to Faker fans and nicer to all other posters.

Couldn't give a fuck.

No.

Carlita. Super sweet and super amaze.

Safin-rules-no.1

MTF

Ban Nole Fan x 3.

Trolling.

Atleast Faker or Fugly Murray can't win these events on MTF, so by default they are automatically better.

No, that's for ****s.

I agree with it. This forum was abused by morons (a.k.a its.like.twat) for years, they need to be permabanned so the rest of us can troll in peace.

1. Bad rep
2. Troll the thread
3. Systematically abuse the poster over 12 months.

Tony Blair
George Bush
Boris Johnson
Myra Hindley
Ian Brady

Tennis

Federer because he would be amaze in bed. I have wet dreams about him.

I follow it very closely and my knowledge is second to none.

Wimbledon. The rest are just normal events of zero relevance.

Don't care.

Federer.

Andy Murray
Judy Murray
Faker

No. I don't watch bad match ups.

Personality

Slut. Bitch. Troll.

Who. Are. You?

Men. Chocolate. White wine.

I like many types of music.

Any by Pedro Almodovar.

Crystal Maze. Being lazy. No debts. Feeling wanted. Happiness.

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
h)something else - describe.[/QUOTE]

#7 ·

Unleashing our inner high school kid :p

Well, it shows a different side of the human mentality.

Ruling. As the reigning people's champion :p

Yeah, there should be some joint activity :smoke:

Sonja1989

mimi :hug:

I want to own MTF and make money from it. I want to be able to have veto power on any ban, and the third wish I will save :aplot:

Flirting. Especially with lovely ladies of opposite opinions/fan groups. It can get pretty hot.

ACC is Wimbledon. Such tradition, such prestige!!!

The PopCon is like the US Open, the feel is of the same.

Miss MTF is the Aussie Open, cool calm, collected.

Mr. MTF is like RG, catfights and backstabbing, crowds are insane

I did play back in 06, and I recall winning the singles and doubles w/ balloon in Beijing 2006.

I think we should have a public trial for each permabanned member.

Ignore, or comment sarcastically.

Kim Kardashian, Alessandra Ambrosio, and 3 models

Too many to name

Ridiculous.

I like the Aussie the most, I really don't know why :lol:

I think there is a Big 3 and a Large 1.

Xristos.

Re-instate 5 set Masters finals, fix the fucking schedule, and re-instate surface variety. Oh, and a grass TMS, I don't care if that's 4 :p

Fucking Insane Romantic

Wake. Shower. Eat.

Women, Cannabis, Music.

Any music that is good. Rap, Hip Hop, some Rock, very little country, techno.

It can alter moods and talk to you, as Eminem put it once.

Godfather
Godfather 2
Gone in 60 seconds
Goodfellas
The Dark Knight

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
The afternoon at the cinema, night at a sporting event, late night at the club.

#17 ·

First post updated with a list of interviews and links.

- I think we should have a public trial for each permabanned member.
Now there's an interesting idea. :rolls:

yes. losing a doubles match with wildegirl05 after one of our opponents didnt send picks in the 1st day :worship: :bowdown:
I have never heard of anything like that before. :rocker2:

- yes. Fed is the GOAT, Rafa is God, Nole, i hope he'll be forgotten in 10 years, Murray if he doesnt win a slam he'll have the same legacy as Robert Dee.
:spit:

- Looking through old archived threads. I spent hours trying to figure out how Cilic became so unpopular.
:lol:
:secret: Try asking Hema, I believe she secretly enjoys the exclusivity of being the sole MTF Cilic fangirl and orchestrated the whole thing.

*Excessive Grunting
*MTO Gamesmanship
*Slowing of surfaces
The grunt control is a great idea, but I do wonder how they'd enforce it in practice. I honestly have no idea what the polite way for an umpire to say it would be . :lol:

Australian Open - MsMTF (The sunshine slam. Blue skies, beautiful courts... the feminine wibe. ;))
Roland Garros - ACC (The dirtballers have a go at each other. The one who is best at defending - or rather, counterattacking - walks away with the crown.)
Wimbledon - PopCon (The grass sure looks green in the beginning of the competition and everyone acts nice. Then as the weeks go on the ground behind the baseline gets roughed up indeed and bad bounces of redreps and threats start appearing...)
US Open - MrMTF (What country tries to be more macho than USA? :D)
Great analysis. :worship:

- Tommy Wiseau
:rolls:
Davydenko did naht fix it, he did naaaaaht!

- No. I don't believe in bad matchups but bad timing.
That is such a great way of looking at things. :)

- I will become the tyrannical overlord of MTF and will definitely abuse my power to the fullest.
I like the straightforwardness of your platform. :lol:

Jon Stewart, John Cleese, Chris Rock, Dan Savage, the old guys from the Muppet Show
That is actually perfect. :lol: :worship:
I wonder how they'd do in the ACC. :p

1. Wilander - MTF can never have too many trolls
:spit: :rolls:
Spot on.

- Surface speeds, get rid of all these stupid post-Wimbledon clay events and add more grass events
Wow that is harsh. I would support your candidature for ATP council member. :D

#8 ·

PopCon

Showing love, appreciation and friendship for other MTF posters. God, i was wrong :lol:

PopCon is more bitchy and has infinitely more underground "activities" Love it :D

Brag endlessly

Oh, that's something I'm very good at. just ask Crane about last year contest :D

No

Mike could repeat, Sonja1989 has a great chance.

l_mac

MTF

unlimited repping, no database errors and l_mac as a GM moderator

reading Tennis player's bulges, Rafa Hot Pics and Best Abs in tennis threads reading other people oppinions on everything tennis related, of course.

Mug Era for both.

yes. losing a doubles match with wildegirl05 after one of our opponents didnt send picks in the 1st day :worship: :bowdown:

yes

Stop reading/ignore button

Don't know, maybe Ivo karlovic and Davidenko

Tennis

Rafa Nadal. I like to be moonballed to the BH, vamos :rocker2:

As close as my time permits. Average.

RG. It's played on clay, I like the hour, it's the first big tennis competition that could be seen here after 1990, my favorite won it like 15154545646 times, love the crowd(not really :p), etc.....

yes. Fed is the GOAT, Rafa is God, Nole, i hope he'll be forgotten in 10 years, Murray if he doesnt win a slam he'll have the same legacy as Robert Dee.

Baghdatis

get rid of Tiriac, 5 sets finals in Masters and WTF, joint events

Ballbashers on clay :drool:

Personality

fangirl. Loyal. Snob.

petru, wake up!

jewelry, museums, shopping

Opera. substitute for real life drama

Blade runner. Apocalypse Now. The Rear Window. Todo sobre mi madre. LA Confidential

My mom, our country house, my memories

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
h)wandering on the streets

#9 ·

PopCon

A fun way to tell other members that you appreciate their efforts on this site. Reminds me why I keep coming back to this site.

In the ACC you vote for members that you feel contribute negatively to the site (trolls, offensive posters, ets) while in the PopCon you vote for members that you feel contribute positively to the site.

Work on defending the title.

Save any mildly controversial post and use it against them ;)

Nude calendar.

Sonja1989

philisophicalarf. Very knowledgable and informative member.

MTF

more wishes, New MTF skins, larger avatar pictures, etc, etc

Looking through old archived threads. I spent hours trying to figure out how Cilic became so unpopular.

ACC - Wimbledon, PopCon - Australian Open, MrMTF - French Open, MsMTF - US Open

No.

A permaban policy should exist but it should be a rare punishment for things like deleting a double account (one of the accounts).

I try to ingore them but I sometimes retaliate with some smartass coment. Ussually it makes things worse :sad:

Djokovic, Murray, Roddick, Karlovic, and Tsonga. I think their personalities would be fun on this site. I excluded Federer and Nadal because there are already enough Federer and Nadal threads without them being here.

Tennis

Dolgopolov. I love the unique and aggressive way that he plays the game. I must admit that his nationality also contributes to me supporting him.

Not as regularly as when I was gambling on tennis. I try to follow all tournaments but everything is time dependent. I wish I would have time to watch more matches in their entirety instead of learning the score after the fact or just seeing a set. My tennis knowledge is not fantastic but I play a lot of tennis and I feel this does help.

US Open. I go to college in upstate NY and this is the only slam that I have been to live.

I think of it as the Big 3, but it could become the big 4 in the future.

Ferrer

Surfase homogenization, match fixing, make chair umpires enforse the rules. ;)

No.

Personality

Confident, Patient, Hardworking

Expletive, expletive, expletive

Hard to compare. Don't get me wrong I like tennis, but it's not as important to my life as family or friends, but probably more important than other sports at least.

Alternative and electronic music. Music is enjoyable from time to time but it's not essential in my life.

The Fall (by Tarsem), Mulholland Drive, Memento, Dogville, and It's A Wonderful Life. They are all very different movies but I highly recommend all of them.

Reading, which has become more of a task for me than a hobby, thanks to college life.

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

#10 ·

Being known in MTF.

ACC is like the PopCon in the first couple of rounds, after that it turns out to be a clown fight, while I guess the PopCon is about the liked posters.

Give hell to all kinds of tards :p

Ermm no, why would I do that?

This years' ACC champ is a nice guy, so why not. Have no fucking idea.

Eden.

Sunset of Age, 'cuz many people don't really know her.

MTF

* Get rid of tards
* Change some mods
* Eliminate Premium accounts, make everyone have the same rights.

Check results, statistic threads, Non-Tennis.

ACC: Australian Open
PopCon: Wimbledon
MsMTF: Roland Garros
MrMTF: US Open

No.

Oh yes, there are tools of tools in here.

I answer with facts and if the poster is too unreasonable then I either avoid it or troll it depending on my mood.

Rafa so he could be horrified and tell his tards to fuck off.
Nole to participate in ACC.
Simon Reed so he could see for himself how hated he is in the tennis world
Dimitrov to get a reality check, a kick in the ass to get his act together
Roger to PWN people with his tennis knowledge

Tennis

Rafa 'cuz I love his fight and he's one of the best sportsmen my country has ever had
Roger 'cuz he's the last Maestro, the last player to rely more on his talent than in physicality.
Pics 'cuz he has such a warrior heart, has everything against him and yet he gets very good results.
Juan Martín, 'cuz his attacking style makes my heart pound when he's on, pure power.

I used to follow more closely before, I attended all kinds of events from Futures to GS, nowadays I don't know much outside of the ATP events, maybe some SA challengers but that's about it.

Roland Garros, 'cuz I'm Spanish and we love clay ;) (honestly, clay is like air for Spanish players)

Murray still has a LONG way to go before he's in Nole's tier, let's not even talk about Rafa and Roger.

Ferrer.

*Excessive Grunting
*MTO Gamesmanship
*Slowing of surfaces

I don't watch those I don't like although I had to suffer through a Simon/Robredo mugfest in Bercy '07, also any Simon/Monfils match is simply unwatchable.

Personality

Honest, Loyal, Funny

Sex. Shower. Breakfast.

Volleyball, Handball, Figure Skating.

I have eclectic tastes but my fave kinds should be Metal and Classical.

Mainstream, normal genres:

Schindler's List
The Queen
Love Actually
Delicatessen
LOTR: The Return of The King

I love horror movies like Hellraiser, The Exorcist, series like Friday the 13th and Masters of Horror.

Going to San Mamés, eating pintxos in Casco Viejo, Skiing in Winter.

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

I have kids so my afternoons are almost never free, so I choose the park 'cuz I know I would eventually end up there ;)

#11 ·

PopCon

That for a couple of weeks, the people of MTF are nice to eachother - or at least that's how it looks on the surface. I have heard many stories about underhanded tactics, bribing etc for the popcon but I haven't seen any of it first hand. I think I prefer living in ignorance just in this special case. :angel:

Insults are more subtle within the PopCon, which I don't really like. A positive difference though is that I have made friends through the PopCon before. That hasn't happened with the ACC.

Wonder what actually happened.

I will only guilttrip the winner if it is someone who in my opinion really doesn't deserve it. Don't think that will be the case though.

Yeah they should build a gingerbread house together. :bowdown:

Sonja1989. I'd say Doris or Nadine but they probably post too little.
Mimi or Corey Feldman in with a chance too.

Cobalt60. Sue's not entirely without a chance though.

MTF

To be able to see all my old reps, a bigger avatar & a promise by the mods not to edit my posts when it's not even necessary. :p

Have interesting discussions with people who are somewhat open-minded. (Happens way too seldom, sadly.) Other than that... I enjoy imitating Clay Death and SdG :lol:

Australian Open - MsMTF (The sunshine slam. Blue skies, beautiful courts... the feminine wibe. ;))
Roland Garros - ACC (The dirtballers have a go at each other. The one who is best at defending - or rather, counterattacking - walks away with the crown.)
Wimbledon - PopCon (The grass sure looks green in the beginning of the competition and everyone acts nice. Then as the weeks go on the ground behind the baseline gets roughed up indeed and bad bounces of redreps and threats start appearing...)

Nope.

You have to act like a complete idiot time after time after time to get permabanned in this place. Those who get permabanned know what's coming to them. The rules in this case are fine imo.

Very much depends on the annoying poster in question. With a dumb poster, I often pretend to agree with them while adding some subtle sarcasm for the fun of it. With an avarage poster, I either ignore the post or try to use logical arguments. With a smart poster I try to find out where he or she is coming from before I reply.

Tommy Wiseau

Craig Ferguson

Robert Downey Jr

Janko Tipsarevic

Kristen Bell

Tennis

Federer - for his on-court grace.
Davydenko - for his clean game and surprisingly charismatic personality.
Soderling - hard worker, entertaining game. Also he's Swedish like me. :p

Very close the last few years. Tennis knowledge is decent but could be improved.

Roland Garros. Probably because it is the only slam which has not been slowed down. Also it is easy to follow as it is held in Europe.

As of now there is a big 3. Murray needs to grab a slam to really have a say here I feel.

Don't think anyone is hugely underrated, but Pics doesn't often get the credit he deserves.

Speed up courts that have traditionally been fast. 5 set finals in Masters and the WTF. Organize the US Open in a proper way.

I don't know actually... Fog vs Random Mug, maybe.

Personality

Loud. Jack-of-all-trades. Good-hearted.

Please more sleep

A well-written piece of work (whether it's a book, movie or videogame doesn't matter). The Word. Talking to old friends on the phone.

Any genre is fine, as long as it is a song that creates some kind of emotion in me. An example:

I very much enjoy music and I play some myself. I have some friends who basically live their life through music though... it's not like that for me.

Hm... don't have a solidified top 5 but these will do.

The Matrix (1999)
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended version (2001)
Inception (2010)
Amelie (2001)
Snatch. (2000)

Playing soccer on literally every break in school. Playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my best friend. I always got to be Michelangelo. :worship:

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
I'd probably visit a local church with a good reputation, too.

#16 · (Edited)

PopCon

Recognizing the best posters of MTF :)

For me, ACC is more fun just because it's amusing to see the desperate measures people go to to either NOT win ir or pretend like they don't want to win when they really do (for example, see Filo V., GOAT = Fed, etc)

Petition the mods to unban Fed's Mate, we need his humour around here

Bad reps :devil:

Someone suggested a podcast, I might pay to hear that :lol:

Diana :hug:

Voo

MTF

Default big avies, ability to see all past reps and to create a "classic threads" subforum for posts like "david pics ferrer" "GOOCHwatch" "King Oscar" etc.

Trolling

I like what orka_n said:

No, I have thought about it, but never played

No, I think a permaban is excessive. A year ban would be sufficient.

Badrep

Tursunov, Karlovic, Tipsarevic, JMac and Brad Gilbert

Tennis

See my sig, but I like Roger because his style of play is :hearts: and I love OHBH. I love Pics because he's a fighter, he never gives up and even though I am not a huge fan of clay, I love to watch him play on it and any surfaces, he's just a great guy. I like Feliciano even though he plays like shit most of the time, because he has a lovely game when it's on, a OHBH of course, and we are both lefties.

Very closely, I'd say I have a good knowledge level of tennis. My tactics analysis isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

Tie with Australian Open and Wimbledon. The latter because it's grass and it's traditional and the players in white and everything about it seems so cool. AO because it's so chill and awesome and there's always a surprise run and we get some good matches, plus its the first major event of the year!

No, it's a big 3, but Murray is on the cusp. Fed = GOAT, Nadal one of the best, Novak will be remembered, Murray needs to win a couple slams or he will be another Davydenko.

Ferrer

Surface speeds, get rid of all these stupid post-Wimbledon clay events and add more grass events

Not that I can think of, but Fognini matches are always funny

Personality

Creative, lazy, bookworm

Hit the snooze

Real Madrid, apple pie and chocolate

All different kinds, I can listen to most anything aside from heavy metal or screamo type stuff.

Lord of the Rings, The Lion King, The Godfather, Les Choristes and Battle Royale. Might soon have to add Hugo to this, just saw this recently, so good

Summer trips to Kings Island, the yummy snack food they don't make anymore :(

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

#12 ·

PopCon

Good and entertaining stuff. :) I don't know too much though.

ACC seemed a hateful contest to me, quite opposite of the PopCon.

I will try to keep my weird temper during my guy's matches.

He/she gets respect from me.

I don't.

Nathaliia or Corey Feldman.

Mimi. She is one of the kindness poster but not too active with posts.

MTF

Bigger avatars, seeing old reps, shorter times for banning, I mean lot of months is too much without some poster.

Commenting and reading thread of matches I saw and using chat thread where we get know better posters. :)

Don't know.

I don't, I'm scared to start to play. Maybe in next year.

It's bad as we are missing them but they had enough chance to stay around I think.

I usually ignore it except for players/posters I like, then I use the defending mood. But I won't attack him due to his opinion, just say mine.

Most of my favourites in tennis and Karlovic.

Tennis

If I would write all.. :scratch: Granollers is my favourite due to his style of game, attitude, work on court and heart of tennis. He must be a very nice guy in real life too.
Kubot, I started to follow because of his look but I like his game and he is such a fighter on court.
Nadal.. you can see I usually like almost all of clay courter anyway.

I follow lot of tennis, even challenger tours too but not since 10 years.. I think medium I guess.

Roland Garros because it's clay and very good timing.

Yes.

Isner and Querrey. Most of Spanish players too.

No. I don't believe in bad matchups but bad timing.

Personality

Honest, loyal, enthusiastic.

Where is coffee?

My family, friends, musics, beach.

I listen lot of music, almost always. I don't go to somewhere without my earphone. My favourites are Kesha, Cascada, Inna, Bruno Mars and some Latine music, Juanes and Alejandro Sanz. But almost everyone has at least 1-2 good musics.

Pirates of the Caribbean 1, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 4.. I like lot of others too but I can't call anything. :p

Cartoons.

#13 ·

PopCon
It's about who ass-licks the most people. I mean c'mon, look at how many nominations I've received :sad:
Well, from first looks, it is more civilised than the ACC. But I've heard some, 'stories', to put it nicely, about the PopCon being even worse than the ACC is some respects :devil:
I will become the tyrannical overlord of MTF and will definitely abuse my power to the fullest.

Sure, why not. You aren't exactly supposed to congratulate your competitors are you? :shrug:

Only if I win one of them.

One of my friends on here, Sonja1989 :D and at least a troll won't be fluking it ;)

GOAT= Fed, Mimi, Mae, Sunset of age, JayR plus a few more I know ;). All great, unbiased posters, but they don't have the recognition because they aren't:

i) Trolls
ii) Get pissed off at every word.
iii) Don't have a strong likening to a specific player, hence have the most balanced view.

So sad :sad:.

MTF
i) For pictures of me to be plasters around site, reminding everyone of how awesome I am.
ii) Trolls to be treated like the scum of the Earth.
iii) Posters like me gaining more recognition.
Shutting up trolls. Plus trolling on the ACC.

Haven't been here long enough to experience all the competitions in their respective flow.

Why would you tip tennis players? Don't they earn enough already? :scratch:

50/50 on that. It'll take too long to note my opinion on here :p
Smash my computer screen. U mirin' MTF?

Rafael 'Rafa' Nadal
Roger 'Ballerina' Federer
Andy 'English one day, Scottish another' Murray (Just to get reaction from Sapeod :lol:)
Novak 'Nole' Djokovic
Johnny 'The tantrum' Mcenroe.

Tennis
Roger Federer. Watching him play is just :drool:

Watch all 250, 500, 1000 and grand slam events when I have time :)

Wimbledon. Nothing beats sitting on the couch on a bright summer's day with a drink in your hand and watching Wimberz :drool:. OR even better, actually being there :hearts:

David 'Pics' Ferrer

Homogenisation of surface
Less Master's 1000 in North America.
A longer grass season.

lol umad?

Personality

Awesome, eloquent and classy.

Bang out a poop, brush teeth and have breakfast.

Statistics, Mathematics and Mechanics :drool:

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

#14 ·

PopCon

Recognizing posters who are nice, pleasant and smart and make you want to hug them. :hug:

ACC is for recognizing posters whose posts are some combination of trollish, mean, stupid, narcissistic or just plain WTF?:eek:.

Totally wear out the hug smiley by hugging everyone. :hug:

hmmm, I'm not really good at the passive thing -- I either say something bluntly or hold my peace. Anyways, I'm sure the champion will be a deserving winner :yeah:

GROUP HUG. :hug:

Sonja 1989 :)

Eden :worship:

MTF

Ability for us to give unlimited reps
I want to be able to change my status from "registered user" to something witty
allow me to use more than 20 smileys in a post (as I found out while writing this interview)

Laughing at some of the flame wars. And looking at photos in the Federer forum :hearts:

Everything hinges on your draw ;)

I don't play

I think it should only be used for something really atrocious. Blatant hate speech or threatening or stalking.

If the entire thread annoys you, there's not much you can say -- clearly others are enjoying themselves and you are in the minority, so I just avoid it. For an annoying post, I am 75% likely to respond in some way, 25% likely to ignore it -- just depends on the situation.

Jon Stewart, John Cleese, Chris Rock, Dan Savage, the old guys from the Muppet Show

Tennis

Roger Federer is my favourite player. :) I like how he plays the game and how he conducts himself on and off court. I also like Djokovic, Ferrer and Raonic.

I watch as much tennis as I can! I've been watching tennis since I was a little kid in the 80s! But only 3 or 4 tournaments a year, as I didn't even know about internet livestreams until 2008 :)o) so before that it was limited to slams and a few Masters 1000s, since there wasn't much TV coverage in Canada. Even though I've been watching for a long time, I'm not really good at analyzing nor am I a stats whiz.

Wimbledon, because there is so much formality and ceremony around it; you couldn't mistake it for just another tournament. And now no more rain delays! :bounce:

No, there's no "big 4" -- it's just a marketing gimmick. As to legacy, see my sig ;)

David Ferrer

Roof at the US Open
No more requirement to play four 500s
Enforce the rules regarding taking too long between points

Say what? ...no.

Personality

Honest, articulate, loyal

:cat: :sobbing: :banghead: (don't like mornings :p)

Coffee, kitty cats and hugs :hug:

I enjoy various types of music including rock, alt-rock, pop, dance, Latin, jazz and classical. I only really don't like American country music.

Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, The Party, A History Of Violence, E.T.

Kalemegdan Park in Belgrade (Serbia) where my grandfather took me almost every day. Especially that cool carousel with all the cars and airplanes -- do they still have that?

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,
Weather permitting, I'd like to ride my bike around and then maybe get to a street festival where there's live music and performers on street corners, just easygoing casual stuff like that. If it's winter then I'll take that live music indoors, please :p or maybe a gallery.

#15 ·

PopCon

A popularity contest for people that you genuinely like, at least in theory.

The ACC is for tards and clowns and trolls and stupid posters. :) The PopCon...is not.

Ban Noletards. ;)

:lol:

They should make a small donation to MTF to reward the forum that recognised their online worth.

No idea. :sad:

GOAT = Fed as it would be hilarious. And he didn't win the ACC. :sad:

MTF

1. Full list of my reps
2. Bigger avatar
3. A full and complete list of undisputed trolls and tards.

Talking about tennis. :eek: In second place would be reading interesting threads in the Non-Tennis forum (e.g. the abortion thread and the religion thread).

I've only recently been more active here so I don't know what the other two are about. They don't sound too promising.

What's this?

Generally, no. Some banned trolls provide entertainment in this forum. A policy should exist, but it should only be applied in the most extreme of circumstances.

Try to laugh it off; respond to the posts and point out how stupid the OP is; if it really annoys me, I ignore it.

1. Wilander - MTF can never have too many trolls
2. Roger so that I can communicate with him :hearts:
3. Novak - I think he'd be funny here
4. Martin Amis - English writer who loves tennis. It would be entertaining to read his posts
5. Ivo Karlovic - He's HILARIOUS.

Tennis

Roger Federer - he's the reason I started watching tennis and fell in love with tennis. He's so graceful and elegant - watching him play tennis is really one of the greatest privileges in life. I love the way he conducts himself on court with dignity and respect for the sport and his opponent.

I also like David Nalbandian because of his brilliant shot-making and delicious backhand; Novak because he's quite an all-court player; Lu Yen-Hsun because he's Taiwanese; Petra Kvitova because she's a rare attacking player on the women's tour; Maria Sharapova because she's exciting to watch and because of her mental toughness; and Maria Kirilenko because she's hot.

I follow it reasonably closely. I watch it whenever I can - all the slams, most of the Masters, whatever 500 and 250 I can get on TV. My tennis knowledge is quite decent but definitely can be improved.

I hate to say this, but it's the US Open because the 2008 edition was the first tournament that I ever watched the full and it brings back great memories for me.

There's really no big 4. Murray can't be considered in the same thought as Roger, Nole and Nadal if he's never even won a set in a slam final, let alone a slam. Roger's legacy speaks for itself and Nadal has pretty cemented his placae in history too. Nole's getting there. Murray...we'll see what happens, if he actually wins a slam.

Ferrer or Baghdatis.

1. PENALISE PLAYERS WHO ABUSE THE RULES ESPECIALLY AMOUNT OF TIME TAKEN BETWEEN SERVES AND THE MTO.
2. Stop the homogenisation of surfaces. It's a travesty.
3. Best of 5 sets finals in Masters and WTF.

Not really. If the tennis is bad, I don't waste my time watching.

Personality

Loyal, lazy, single-minded.

I need coffee.

Nothing. 3 things that I love MORE than tennis: my family, my boyfriend, and literature/writing.

Rock/alternative, Romantic. Music isn't a huge part of my life, to be honest. My favourite band is Stereophonics and I tend to be more partial to Britpop. Because I'm an Anglophile. :D

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. Chungking Express
3. The Dark Knight
4. Rebel Without a Cause
5. Quills

I grew up in Taipei and I loved Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

At a cafe with good coffee and a good book. I loooooooove coffee. I can't wait to hang around cafes and drink good coffee when I attend the Australian Open next year. :D

#18 ·

PopCon

It's a fun way for people to vote against me:sad:

I wasn't nominated in the ACC, huge difference:p

win the ACC

I'm gonna win so this question is pointless

No

156mphserve

156mphserve

MTF

1. The ability to ban posters, 2. Unlimited reps, 3. Make me King

Games

ACC is like AussieOpen, because I don't really watch much of it(because AO is during the middle of the night), MsMTF/MrMTF is like RG/Wimbledon because it (used to be) unlikely to win both, PopCon is like USopen, it's the only one left:p

Yes, 2 singles titles on the tour level, most recently Sydney 2011 title

yes, some people just don't care about rules and deserve to be permabanned

ignore/bad rep

pretty certain I wouldn't be able to find 5 people thyat would join, my friends/family aren't tennis fans:eek:

Tennis

Milos Raonic, because he's canada's #1. Besides the canadians probably Tsonga

Pretty closely, follow all tour events and most of the challengers, 9/10 level knowledge

no real favorite, they all have their downsides, AO is way too late at night, FO/Wimby have no night sessions so I miss most of those as well, US Open has a 5th set tiebreak that I don't like

There used to be a big 3, I really can't see including Murray as he's never won a slam, that big 3 doesn't really exist anymore because Murray caught Fed in the rankings(though Fed overtook him again). The "big 4" are better than the rest, but history wise because Murray never won a slam they're not a big deal, and will be remembered more as a big 3.

Yoshihito Nisioka:p

1. mandatory events, if they don't wanna play, it should be their choice. 2. More grass, wayyyyy more grass, and fast grass too. 3. I would like to see an ice surface, just for the hell of it

no, not really

Personality

really, good, looking:p

start in afternoon(I like to sleep in:p)

family, playing sports, relaxing

I'm not really much of a music person

not much of a movie person either lol, recently watched "Tower Heist" and likely it, "88 minutes", and "21" a few years back were good, and "Invincible" a few years before that was a good movie as well

Not sure

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

easily f, big sports fan

#19 ·

PopCon

recognizing peoples influence over the formun whether it be for being a good friend, nice poster or knowledgeable of the sport and or the differents interest topics.

Acc is for the person that did all wrong during the year on purpose for trolling or because he is genuinely a clown and the popcon is on the other hand.....bahh! is the same. :D

i would give lifetime membership to everybody, i would bring back all the permabanned people.

bad reps seems to work well with people.

maybe if each of them record a short video about what they do or like so we get to know them a bit more. or a tennis match betweem them. live broadcast doing something, i dont know there are lots of possibilities.

Yungos, the short time he spent here was fun, i mean the character was really well done, the name, the avatar his third person writting.

Leng jai but he is asian so he has no chance. ;)

MTF

An MTF and WTAworld joint forum, the fonts could be a mix of our blue and their red color, or a big shiny rainbow diluted from letf to right. :angel:

another would be that when you writte, the message autocorrect your grammatical mistakes so you dont look like a fool when other people read your post. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

naked pictures in avy, come one we are all grown up people in here.

reading the threads about different topics, i like obviously 2003, JG, flyboy(nt only),the clusterfuck, GM... i spend more time reading it is now that i'm posting a bit more.

lets say not only tennis is suffering for homogenization, but what can i say, for me acc is oz open where you always got surprising results and clowns reaching the finals. Ms MTF is RG, where girls fight in the mud to get the coveted crown and the ego buster. pop con is winbly in words of corey feldman, where just the elegants and finnest poster have a good participation. Mr MTF is the us open a wet athmosphere, delays but the boys always get to finnnish it.

i dont know if switch Mr mtf with Ms MTF, the delays and wet athmosphere sounds more fitting with the girls than the boys ;)

no.

yes, i mean you really have to do serious shit to get permabanned.

being a long time without getting annoy by something that is post in here, or at least i dont answer back.

Roddick is really loved in here so i think he would like it.
A priest, same as above.

Tennis

Rafa for the passion he brings to the game and seems like a good person overall.

Falla and Giraldo, nationalistic bias.

Safin, i like how he played, really agressive game and variation. a plus point because of his outcourt achievements.

just the regular tournaments i get to see in tv and sometimes cheking the lives scores. tennis knowledge 4 out of 10? maybe.

the australian open, in 2005 after 2 years of playing the game, i get to see a match of Fabiola Zuluaga against a german player and i totally fell in love with the game not just as a player but as a fan.

yes, it is justified even though the big four can be split in two with fed and rafa being the greatest, the other two are always favourites in all the tournaments.

underrated or underrented? anyway i think Del potro after the surgery dropped his level and is not the same as two years ago but he can definetly go back to the top and be the candidate for more GS titles.

more doping tests.
less mandatories.
surfaces should be play different from each other.

no. yet.

Personality

several(individual) kind, friendly.

horny, rush, thoughtfully

futbol, shoes, my dog.

electronic, rock, hip-hop, some salsa,pop. but the first is the one i like the most because it always cheers me up.

will answer later.

no responsability, my hair was cool at that time, i shared with more people than what i'm doing now. :sad:

a)the park,
d)museum,
e)cinema,

-----------

#20 ·

Semifinalists' Interviews.

Nathaliia

popcon general

- For next year, if this contest is played, what do you want to see changed?

an organizer must wear a bikini and announce every round like at the boxing event

- Are there any specific rules that you'd like to change for the following years?

in tied matches the posters must put a cam on a livestream and they have a vodka shots drinking contest. the first who falls under the table loses

and why?

for lolz

plus it's the only way a bogan can beat betty

- What will the final look like in your opinion?

gago will want his money for ticket back

- Any words for the future winner at this point?

my psychiatrist says pills for talking to myself don't go well with my xanax. so, no words.

- Do you think MTF has enough contests, if yes, would you propose any more, if no, which ones should be stopped?

there used to be a gm most valuable poster, sorry for a non trollish answer, but it was a good contest and needs to be brought back

personal

- Compare your run so far with a tennis player's in a grand slam.

roger at rg year after year? maybe corey feldman gets banned one day gets a knee injury and his parents will get separated and he'll lose to the nice poster orka_n

- What do you plan on doing on MTF in 2012 if you win?

i plan to go to a film school. oh wait. that's not mtf.

- Do you have any regrets/grievances so far?

yeah, that in 2008 jenni and i created a monster that the popcon is

- If you could change the outcome of only one match so far in the draw, which one would it be?

hard to say. i'd promote sweet cleo to the final

- Message to the voters?

one day we will all die

tennis

- Australian Open 2012 winner?

as a bodo of mtf, i must say it: gasquet, nalbandian or dolgopolov

- Who do you predict to take Olympic gold, silver and broze?

i've got a feeling danny ocean with his team could steal them all

- Which Wimbledon 2012 final do you want to see?

federer-murray
federer because he's an old chap, i'd like him to retire with one more slam, and i like ballet tennis (i totally wish he serve and volleyed for that), and murray because the brits finally fucking deserve it. why not win then? because on the 1st page of the sun it will be rooney getting a red card at euro champs anyway, so murray as well might lose

- Will Murray go up in the rankings or down?

needs to learn to handle bbc pressure

- Will there be a new slam winner in 2012?

yeah, kubot and granollers will hook up for doubles and do the shit for their biggest fangirl sonja

#21 ·

Betty

popcon general
Only allow voters who didn't vote in the voting time are to be allowed to cast votes in the tiebreak. Allow voters who edit their posts in order to quote to be able to vote again. But only once.

- Are there any specific rules that you'd like to change for the following years and why?
same as above

it will be a massacre between nathy vs mike
or a love final betwen nathy and arsen

It depends how many souls the devil catches.

- Do you think MTF has enough contests, if yes, would you propose any more, if no, which ones should be stopped?
Hope there will be Mr and Miss MTF contests this year and the others are okay as they are.

personal
agassi in USO 2005 :p the old one who got the final and lost to the younger goat(weel im in semifinal but it is the same:p)

Just the same as I'm doing now:lol::p

Of course, but we can't live our life twice

- If you could change the utcome of only one match so far in the draw, which one would it be?
all the ones where my closer friends lost

- Message to the voters?
Thanks for your votes, all are very appreciated :hug: especially with my english and the fact I only post in a few threads. I'm moved by the love from so many people.:awww:

tennis
Nole :devil:not jinx answer of course:angel:
nahh i think him or fed
FED-NOLE-NADAL
Rafa vs Murray
depend of his sco cojones, if they will work he could go up
i dont think

special thanks to Ann for helped me in english in some answers:worship::hug:love u:smooch:

#22 ·

finishingmove

popcon general
A: The venue. I'd like it to be a МИР station invitational.
- Are there any specific rules that you'd like to change for the following years and why?
A: Yes, I would eliminate all rules and regulations, leaving place for primal urges.
A: It will look like Vesna "Vendi" Vukelic

A: Congratulations, finishingmove.
A: I suggest an 'MTF creep contest", for all the MTF creeps around. We see you.

personal
A: Impossible.
A: Drinking my own piss out of nutritional reasons.
A: Not bringing my double accounts to eliminate some tough potential opponents. Oh well, there's always the final...
- If you could change the utcome of only one match so far in the draw, which one would it be?
A: Why stop at one? I could have changed quite a few with all my double accounts.
- Message to the voters?
A: Vote for the left wing. It's time for a change.

tennis
A: I'd say Djokovic.
A: Tough to say... I think Djokovic will take Gold, Federer will not make the final, and Nadal might not even play (not because he's losing hair, but maybe he'll want smarter scheduling, and not like he needs another medal)
A: Montanes vs Fognini
A: Up.
A: Possible. Murray?

#23 · (Edited)

Corey Feldman

popcon general
defending champ is automatically #1 seed

Nathaliia's thread banned from voting :D

the final needs 2 enemies not 2 chums

not if children are reading

mr mtf

personal
Henman 2001 Wimbledon

quitting

many

Eden over Natal

- Message to the voters?
vote when you can and stop waiting till 5 minutes before deadline when matches are already practically over :facepalm:

tennis
Djoko

Murray, Fed, Nadal

Fed v Murray without any doubt

up

yah - Murray
thanks Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.