Donald Young - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #886
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donald Young

I hope he gets that good start American tennis really needs a lift from someone!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #887
country flag trojanstallion

trojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond repute

And now, after his amazing Asian Fall swing, he has gave up his coaching with the USTA, and went back to being coached by his Mom.

Horrible horrible move if you ask me!! Lets count the time until he asks for help from the USTA again!?? ugghhh.....
trojanstallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #888
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanstallion View Post
And now, after his amazing Asian Fall swing, he has gave up his coaching with the USTA, and went back to being coached by his Mom.

Horrible horrible move if you ask me!! Lets count the time until he asks for help from the USTA again!?? ugghhh.....
I definitely agree with you here that it's a bad move developmentally speaking. But, the more I thought about it, the more I think it has less to do with tennis, and maybe more to do with finances.

As of the end of this yr, he still didn't have a racket sponsor, and he's no longer under contract with Nike, so that's what I think was the reason for the split. A full time coach is gonna be separate room & board on the road, plus travel expenses, plus probably a base salary & a % of winnings, along with maybe bonuses for certain milestones reached.
Rob_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #889
country flag coasterman9

coasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a thread to request a sub-forum for him. I need all his supporters to click yes so it happens. Here's a link straight to the page.

Tennis Tipping
Singles: 159(124)
2011:
W: Sarasota SF: Marrakech QF: Winnetka Guadalajara Alessandria Dallas
Doubles: 135(112)
2011:
W: Alessandria Cremona Sarasota Sacramento F: Barletta SF: Zagreb Marrakech Sarajevo Tiburon QF: San Jose CH
coasterman9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #890
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterman9 View Post
I opened a thread to request a sub-forum for him. I need all his supporters to click yes so it happens. Here's a link straight to the page.
Good idea putting that link in here! I have voted Yes already. And I hated to hear he was going back to his mother for a Coach, however, I was even sorrier to hear that he doesn't have the necessary sponsors I hope he doesn't end up in a revolving door where his tennis slips back making it even harder for him to get the needed sponsors so he can again hire a coach! Poor Donald he could really end up in a lose-lose situation

Old 12-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #891
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_C View Post
I definitely agree with you here that it's a bad move developmentally speaking. But, the more I thought about it, the more I think it has less to do with tennis, and maybe more to do with finances.

As of the end of this yr, he still didn't have a racket sponsor, and he's no longer under contract with Nike, so that's what I think was the reason for the split. A full time coach is gonna be separate room & board on the road, plus travel expenses, plus probably a base salary & a % of winnings, along with maybe bonuses for certain milestones reached.
Just read that the reason DY went back to being coached by his Mom is b/c the USTA asked him to come down to the Boca or Carson training ctrs w/o his mom, & he refused, once again.

Really stubborn. I think it's a bad move on his parents part also. They should be encouraging him to be independent. If things dont work out he can always go back to his Mom as coach. A couple of weeks in the off season w/o his Mom isnt gonna kill him.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #892
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_C View Post
Just read that the reason DY went back to being coached by his Mom is b/c the USTA asked him to come down to the Boca or Carson training ctrs w/o his mom, & he refused, once again.

Really stubborn. I think it's a bad move on his parents part also. They should be encouraging him to be independent. If things dont work out he can always go back to his Mom as coach. A couple of weeks in the off season w/o his Mom isnt gonna kill him.
Gee really stubborn and I hate to say it, but all of this makes him sound like a real mama's boy

Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #893
country flag coasterman9

coasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw an article with him using a dunlop biomemetic racquet. Did he switch racquets from his exo3?

Tennis Tipping
2011:
2011:
W: Alessandria Cremona Sarasota Sacramento F: Barletta SF: Zagreb Marrakech Sarajevo Tiburon QF: San Jose CH
Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #894
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Donald young i hope you do amazing once more in 2012
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #895
country flag coasterman9

DY plays Falla in round 1 in Auckland.

Tennis Tipping
2011:
2011:
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #896
country flag Rob_C

DY went down in 3 sets to Falla, bad loss. His 2nd rd opponent would have been a clay courter, Montanes or Starace.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #897
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #898
country flag bearitone315

bearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a disappointing start to the season. This worries me a bit. I wonder how he trained during the off season.
bearitone315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #899
country flag bearitone315

bearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond repute

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-and-brackets

Above link includes a prediction that DY will beat Ljubicic in the 2nd round. I hope so.
bearitone315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #900
country flag Rob_C

DY pulled out his 1st rd match in 5 sets, after winning the 1st two sets comfortably. I was a little worried he would blow the 2 set lead but he won the 5th set 6-2.