Best speech ever? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best speech ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
I don't think I've laughed even once watching Stromberg. You might say you need to be German to find it funny... but the truth is, humour is not the Germans' forte.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

My speech during my uncle's weeding was pretty impressive.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I don't think I've laughed even once watching Stromberg. You might say you need to be German to find it funny... but the truth is, humour is not the Germans' forte.
I strongly disagree. Stromberg is pretty much the perfect pick to invalidate your claim. Of course there's lots of negative examples, too, but that also applies to British and, to a much much larger extent, American humour. Be picky and you find quality, for every taste. I'm a bit surprised though as I remember reading your strong opinion against political correctness (which I share).

another speech: Edward R. Murrow (David Strathairn)
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I strongly disagree. Stromberg is pretty much the perfect pick to invalidate your claim. Of course there's lots of negative examples, too, but that also applies to British and, to a much much larger extent, American humour. Be picky and you find quality, for every taste. I'm a bit surprised though as I remember reading your strong opinion against political correctness (which I share).

another speech: Edward R. Murrow (David Strathairn)
We could easily spin this debate to make it last for hours and go epically off-topic...

Stromberg et al. might be politically incorrect, which I don't mind, but that doesn't make it automatically funny. I don't see how it's so brilliant. You mentioned Britain and USA. Well, their versions of Stromberg are a thousand times better and funnier than Stromberg. There are of course plenty of examples of brilliant German comedians. The classics Helge Schneider, Hape Kerkeling, Harald Schmidt (though he's at times a bit too rude even for my taste...). But as a whole, Germany fails at being funny. It wins at a great deal of other things, I fucking love this country, but it's just not born to be funny.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #21
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

It's only an example anyway. There's also critically-acclaimed stuff that I don't like. The problem is not differing tastes, but generalizations resulting thereof.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
It's only an example anyway. There's also critically-acclaimed stuff that I don't like. The problem is not differing tastes, but generalizations resulting thereof.
Different tastes entail generalisations in this case. You're welcome to make a different one, needless to say.