Rafa at the WTF 2011 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #121
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa at the WTF 2011

From Rafa's presser after the Tsonga match, says he's ready to work for 2012:

Quote:
Rafael Nadal plans to be in "perfect" condition for the start of 2012 after admitting his passion for tennis dropped towards the end of this year.

Nadal was knocked out of the season-end ATP World Tour Finals with defeat by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Thursday, his fourth defeat in 10 matches.

"I probably had a bit less passion for the game because I was more tired than usual," said the world number two.

"This was a tough year but I'll do all to be perfect for the start of 2012."

Nadal started 2011 top of the rankings but despite winning a sixth French Open crown, he was overtaken by Novak Djokovic during Wimbledon.

Match record won/lost: 66/13
Titles: 3 (French Open, Barcelona Open, Monte Carlos Masters)
Prize money: $6,363,218 (£4,115,381)

The Spaniard lost all six of his meetings with Djokovic - each in finals - and failed to win a non-clay court title for the first time since 2002.

After falling to the Serb at the US Open, he was beaten in the Tokyo final by Andy Murray - dropping the final set 6-0 - and succumbed to Florian Mayer in Shanghai.

He then took five weeks off ahead of the Tour Finals here at London's O2 Arena, where he scraped past Mardy Fish but was dispatched by Roger Federer and Tsonga.

He will represent Spain in the Davis Cup final against Argentina from 2-4 December before commencing his preparations for the new campaign.

"We can find excuses, we can find problems, but it's not the moment to say that - it's the moment to keep fighting," stated the 25-year-old. I have to work hard - working hard every day, morning, afternoon - if I'm going to have my chance to be competitive to win the big tournaments. My goal is there. My motivation, I hope, the same. I will do it."

"It's the moment to analyse what I did good, what I did bad, and know what I have to work on for the next month.

"The end of the year wasn't easy for me; that's hard to accept. But it gives me more of a goal for the beginning of 2012. I dream about arriving in 2012 with very good conditions."

When asked why his season tailed off after New York, Nadal told reporters he could spend an hour explaining.

But he preferred to focus on the future and his first goal is the Australian Open from 16-29 January.

"The only way to change the situation is to work more, think more about tennis, do everything in the right shape, do everything good inside the court, everything good outside the court," he added.

"I have to work hard - working hard every day, morning, afternoon - if I'm going to have my chance to be competitive to win the big tournaments.

"My goal is there. My motivation, I hope, the same. I will do it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/15885323.stm
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #122
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

I read a report from some people who went to the WTF in London and they talked to one of the security guards. This man said that Rafa has a severe case of food poisoning and he added that people have no idea just how ill he's been. The guard finished by saying that Rafa is an amazing guy; Rafa contemplated retiring after the Fish match but decided against it and agreed to play against Federer by saying "let's give the public what it wants".

(credit to hen from VB so for those with a genuine interest, go there to read more)
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #123
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I kept saying he was sick and the commentators kept saying he hadn't even been able to practice. But most of what I heard back was just about how bad he was playing. I thankfully have never had food poisoning, but have known people that have had it. And they all said they thought they were going to die and Rafa continued to play tennis! Considering everything he did the best he could and I think he should at least get some credit for that! And thanks solowyn for the print out of the presser
Old 11-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #124
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
That it wasn't the end of the world (his defeat by Federer) and that he was going to keep fighting! So many of Rafa's fans seem to have written him off, but clearly Rafa hasn't written himself off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Whenever he loses a match he says the same things nothing new. We've heard those words a thousand times. So what?
And about Rafa not writing himself off what are you expecting, him - one of the most popular tennis players with multi-millions £ contracts - to come to a PC and say "I am done. I am finished and thinking about retirement". Of course he will insist he is "working hard" and "fighting hard" but I prefer believing my eyes than my ears.
We'll see next year, we'll see next year if he'll be able to 'come back'.
But his serve was atrocious. x10000000000000
I understand he had no power after the food poisoning and yes I have no idea how draining a food poisoning can be but PUH-LEEEEEEEEEASE, couldn't they pay to this bad dude that took away his USO 2010 serve so he'd give it back to Rafa. All the hatas claim Rafa will never be able to serve like this but I'd still like to believe it's possible. Wishful thinking probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
My jinxing powers>>>>>>>>Peggy's jinxing powers
Yeah it's not something to gloat about.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #125
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the POSITIVE SILVER LINING - we won't have 0-7 to Djokovic after all!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #126
country flag MariaV

Uhmm, one more post - maybe the atrocious serve has to do with the shoulder problems he had before WTF. I hope he'll really be injury- and illness-free next year, that would be my NY wish for him. This year starting with cold/flu and ending with food poisoning is really one to forget.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #127
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Forget about Seville. This is the tournament he needs to win! Assuming he will play Ferrer in the SF, of course if he beats Tsonga first, I really like his chances for the final. And actually prefer to play against Djokovic there. What a fitting end of the season for both of them, huh?
How on Earth he could win this with such poor level and no power in shots? And forget about David, did you watched Federer this week, we really don't need another bagel from him?
Old 11-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #128
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
How on Earth he could win this with such poor level and no power in shots? And forget about David, did you watched Federer this week, we really don't need another bagel from him?
Honey, Rafa is out of WTF already so no more yummy bagels.
Hope he can recover his strength for the DC final next week. I mean actually the start of the match vs Fed wasn't that bad, and the score vs Tsonga wasn't that bad either if you consder he was recovering from a food poisoning. Tsonga has been playing really well lately and has swept Rafa off the court in the past.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #129
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

i jus hope that davis cup will help him with his confidence, he needs it
Old 11-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #130
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
One advice, mate, never ever give in!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #131
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

start da game greets fellow original nadal fans......foxy, nadal_power, mae, super di, dee and co., we will win real tournaments like slams......i am glad nadal's done with world toast finals, there's no need to try too hard at this point of the year......history awaits him in 2012......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #132
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Uhmm, one more post - maybe the atrocious serve has to do with the shoulder problems he had before WTF. I hope he'll really be injury- and illness-free next year, that would be my NY wish for him. This year starting with cold/flu and ending with food poisoning is really one to forget.
Yes I think a lot of Rafa problems have been injury and illness related. He plays such a grinding style of tennis which is normally hard on the player he is playing against, but I think it now maybe hard on Rafa's own body! If he could just stay healthy I think that would go along way for him to have a great year in 2012! But can he do that?
Old 11-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #133
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
start da game greets fellow original nadal fans......foxy, nadal_power, mae, super di, dee and co., we will win real tournaments like slams......i am glad nadal's done with world toast finals, there's no need to try too hard at this point of the year......history awaits him in 2012......
I sincerely hope so Vamos Rafa in 2012
Old 11-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #134
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Too early to talk about 2012. Davis Cup is very important for obvious reasons. At home on clay against two rested guys who give him a lot of trouble and will only be feeling more confident after seeing what happened this week. He needs to make sure he gets that done.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #135
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Too early to talk about 2012. Davis Cup is very important for obvious reasons. At home on clay against two rested guys who give him a lot of trouble and will only be feeling more confident after seeing what happened this week. He needs to make sure he gets that done.
Don't worry about Davis Cup. It is already a done deal. Nalbandian and Del Potro have no chance of taking even a set off Nadal and Ferrer even if the latter are at 25%. I am already thinking about Abu Dhabi, Doha and AO swing.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote