US presidential election 2012 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #61
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US presidential election 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
i was a supporter of barack obama... now i know that you are just another ill-educated yank who votes for style not substance...

you are the reason the world is in finincial meltdown...

sorry bro... educate yourself... it affects us too... be we can't do fuck all when only your voice drives the soon to be shipwreck of which we are a passenger...
Enough with the drama, fast clay. Obama is the best candidate available right now. You would rather vote for one of the Republican clowns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Obama should be re-elected - he's the best Republican candidate in the field.

Old-school Republican that is, before they lurched so far to the right that virtually their entire field of candidates are stupid, clueless, crazy, narcissistic or some combination of all these.

As someone firmly of the liberal / social democrat tendency, the whole field is pretty scary for various reasons but it is just frightening how stupidly reactionary and clueless some of them are and are still being taken seriously while the grown-ups on the card are polling in the low single digits.

Even so, Gingrich is currently the guy at the top of the wave because the field is so bad that everyone in turn is getting a moment in the spotlight in a concerted "anyone but Romney" effort by the crazies. And Gingrich really is disgusting.
More or less.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Obama is going to win it easily
I remember 3 years ago you posted that Obama would solve the Middle East/Israel problem within a month of his election. You are very forgiving - or maybe very forgetful.

Anyway, do you have any predictions for his second term to-do list?
Old 11-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #63
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Seingeist and Buddyholly, your Obama hating is ridiculous. He did a good job in a difficult context.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #64
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

since i can't be bothered to do any research on this: can someone tell me about this "gingrich cheated on his wife while she had cancer"-thing? and if that's actually true, how in the world did he manage to survive the primaries so far? his opposition should've had a field day over the last couple of months.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #65
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
since i can't be bothered to do any research on this: can someone tell me about this "gingrich cheated on his wife while she had cancer"-thing? and if that's actually true, how in the world did he manage to survive the primaries so far? his opposition should've had a field day over the last couple of months.
He hasn't been near the top of the polls until last week or so. Now that he's doing well he'll get more scrutiny. I haven't bothered to look at the details either, but if there's even a hint of scandal then it'll come out. Right now he's being hammered on his immigration stance, though, so we'll probably have to wait for that to die down.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #66
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Hilarious! Sadly I really think he has 0% to win this race. He is absolutely stuck at just under 10%, everyone else goes up and down like jojos between 5% and 30%, will any mainstream 40+ years old Limbaugh listening/fox new watcing voter ever decide to vote on dr.Paul?

It seems to be truly impossible, first old media needs to really become a nonfactor and not only for people under 30!
Do not count Paul out. He has some weaknesses (drug legalization, his appearance, his age, etc), but some of his ideas really resonate with a good portion of the electorate, and he has a great strength: coherence/consistency. His name recognition and following have only grown since his 2008 campaign.

Given how passionate his base is, and his organization in Iowa, he has some chances of winning Iowa. If he does, and the anti-Romney feeling persists, he'd be in a rather strong position to get the nomination.
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #67
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
Seingeist and Buddyholly, your Obama hating is ridiculous. He did a good job in a difficult context.
"Obama hating?"

Get lost, Grassquet. I grow so tired of this BS.

I said I am staunchly opposed to his policies (at the same time that I was defending him from Mjau's ridiculous epithets, you imbecile) and I noted his use of political rhetoric during his 2008 campaign.

Both my social and economic leanings are far more conservative than liberal, which aligns me much more closely with Republican platforms and policies than Democratic ones. I am not going to suddenly start thinking that wrongheaded initiatives are great ideas just because they issue from an international subject of worship.

And not even a great many Obama-supporting Democrats here in the U.S. would dare claim that he's done a "good job."
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #68
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
since i can't be bothered to do any research on this: can someone tell me about this "gingrich cheated on his wife while she had cancer"-thing?
Colloquially known as "pulling a John Edwards."
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #69
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
Gotta love the American media!

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #70
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
"Obama hating?"

Get lost, Grassquet. I grow so tired of this BS.

I said I am staunchly opposed to his policies (at the same time that I was defending him from Mjau's ridiculous epithets, you imbecile) and I noted his use of political rhetoric during his 2008 campaign.

Both my social and economic leanings are far more conservative than liberal, which aligns me much more closely with Republican platforms and policies than Democratic ones. I am not going to suddenly start thinking that wrongheaded initiatives are great ideas just because they issue from an international subject of worship.

And not even a great many Obama-supporting Democrats here in the U.S. would dare claim that he's done a "good job."
Glad you just disagree with him but you are a bit harsh with him in my opinion.
I am sorry to tell you that many people think he did a good job (in the crisis context). And his reelection will prove it.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #71
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Enough with the drama, fast clay. Obama is the best candidate available right now. You would rather vote for one of the Republican clowns?
yeah no worries then... we'll just authorise another loan from the federal reserve to pay the interest off the last loan...

obama is the change that never happened... until you know that, you are useless...

and another thing, if you think there is any difference between republican and democrat in this age then you are a media slave... woo... yeah... that's awesome...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #72
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Colloquially known as "pulling a John Edwards."
yeah and look what happened to him: erased from the politcal landscape (rightly so, don't get me wrong here).

so i guess what gingrich did can hardly be compared to edwards' "missteps". he wouldn't have run if his private life offered his opponents the kind of goodies they desperately long for. chances are he's not gonna bomb but slowly phase out.

romney will probably just wear them down, one by one, with his massive war chest. unless the media covers some major gaffe, the easiest way to attack gingrich would be his washingtonesque track record. after all, it'll be quite something to make him look like "outside the beltway". romney is gonna run on his business experience and nobody except for that doofus herman cain could possibly challenge him in that area.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #73
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Are you serious? How can anyone still be enthusiastic about Obama? Bush was driving your country at 100 mph to oblivion, Obama is increasing the speed to 300 mph, just fast enought for your country to get there at the end of his 2nd term if not before.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #74
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

If Americans had any sense, they'd re-elect Obama

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #75
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Obama gets re-elected. At least this president doesn't go round waging war and tries to build friendlier foreign relations.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote