Missing Iraq cash 'as high as $18bn' - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missing Iraq cash 'as high as $18bn'

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...910765678.html

Quote:
Al Jazeera's Iraq correspondent, Jane Arraf, reporting from Baghdad, said: "It's an absolutely astonishing figure - this goes back to 2003 and 2004.

"There is going to be a fairly wide net cast - some of them [involved in mishandling of this money] are thought to be US officials, but many here believe that it is the Iraqis who have filled their pockets.

"Safeguarding the money was up to the Americans ... after the invasion, provisional authority here was run by the American military.
it's not surprising of course. everyone with 2 working cells know that the yanks went to iraq to steal and to kill, that's all they seem to do when they invade foreign nations. cant believe back then there were right wing nutjobs who actually believed the bush administration when they said they were invading iraq for the weapons of mass destructions. clueless americans never learn while their gvt is composed of thiefs and murderers disguised as 'sane humans beings' with ties.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Iraq cash 'as high as $18bn'

Did you read the middle paragraph that you copied? It seems to say otherwise.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

it was the US's responsibility
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

This is just what governments do. Why should we be surprised?
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #5
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Right, it is the US responsibility if the Iraqi government is corrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the US never governed or handled Iraq's economics.

I love it how with zero information as to who took the money, when and why, you have a little trial in your head and reach a verdict.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...910765678.html

it's not surprising of course. everyone with 2 working cells know that the yanks went to iraq to steal and to kill, that's all they seem to do when they invade foreign nations. cant believe back then there were right wing nutjobs who actually believed the bush administration when they said they were invading iraq for the weapons of mass destructions. clueless americans never learn while their gvt is composed of thiefs and murderers disguised as 'sane humans beings' with ties.
It was never about WMD's.
It was about spreading democracy through the region!

Sometimes I think back at the early years of the Bush administration.
What a bunch of hatespreading, lying asswipes they were. And what a bunch of asswipes Americans were to re-elect these morons. Granted, they didn't have much of an alternative, but still...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

OP is a joke.

This was probably an Iraqi deed as the article says. But no, it's the yanks' fault. It always is.

Last edited by Har-Tru : 06-20-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I meant deed, of course...
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
OP is a joke.

This was probably an Iraqi did as the article says. But no, it's the yanks' fault. It always is.
no, the article doesn't actually say that. i recommend some reading comprehension lessons.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Right, it is the US responsibility if the Iraqi government is corrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the US never governed or handled Iraq's economics.

I love it how with zero information as to who took the money, when and why, you have a little trial in your head and reach a verdict.
iraq is pretty much controlled by the americans now and keeping the cash was the yanks' responsibility. pure and simple.

Quote:
The Los Angeles Times reported last week that Iraqi officials argue that the US government was supposed to safeguard the stash under a 2004 legal agreement it signed with Iraq, hence making Washington responsible for the cash that has disappeared.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
no, the article doesn't actually say that. i recommend some reading comprehension lessons.
Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can squeeze them into my schedule.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
country flag abraxas21

6.6 billions apparently appeared a few months ago

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/on...153935856.html

Last edited by abraxas21 : 11-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

MTF is starting to look like Broadway - too many revivals and nothing new and original.

The US doesn't care about a paltry 6.6M - lets talk billions here. Real money, not some pittance.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-21-2011 at 12:32 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
The US doesn't care about a paltry 6.6M - lets talk billions here. Real money, not some pittance.
The "M" was a mistake
those were billions i was talking about.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
MTF is starting to look like Broadway - too many revivals and nothing new and original.
i find mjau's thread original.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote