Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #1141
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana T. View Post
You were talking about winning. I guess we have a different definiton of it.
It appears so I am just a cup half full type of person but you all are entitled to your opinions and posts so have at it. I hope you won't be disappointed but if you are at least you expected it.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #1142
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know someone who'll be happy: This was posted in Oct on the officeial website.

Juan Martin Del Potro to feature in 2012 ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament – Tennis News

Juan Martin Del Potro has confirmed his participation in the 39th ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament that will be contested in Holland’s most prestigious sporting arena, Ahoy Rotterdam from February 13th to 19th next year, 2012.

Former World No.1, Roger Federer, and Robin Haase have already confirmed their participation for the tournament. The tournament director was really pleased to make this latest announcement about the Former World No.4, Potro’s, inclusion in the tournament and said “Juan Martin Del Potro is a name that has been on my shortlist for a couple of years. After his US Open victory in 2009, we have been in contact every year, this year with a positive result. The fact that he is playing Davis Cup in Germany the week prior to the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament naturally helped us this time.”

Potro was also excited about contesting in ABN AMRO tournament and explained his feelings about his inclusion in the tournament to the media representatives in following words “For the first time in years I will be playing in Europe in February. Obviously I look forward to coming to Rotterdam, after I heard a lot of great stories about the tournament from my colleagues.”

He has never played in this arena for number of years and was always in search of an opportunity to contest in Ahoy Rotterdam. He is looking forward to make full use of this opportunity and make his tournament journey one of the most successful by performing his level best throughout. Del Potro has never played this tournament and will make his debut in upcoming February.

Argentine tennis ace has been world’s most terrific player in his era and won nine ATP World Tour titles in his career. His majestic triumph came in the year of 2009 when he clinched his first Grand Slam title by winning US Open. He stayed out of tennis circuit for most of 2010 due to wrist injury. Finally he started playing tennis in the start of 2011 and climbed his way up to the rankings by winning matches and reaching advanced rounds of elite tournaments. He clinched victories in Estoril and Delray Beach and has a very good chance to qualify for the ATP World Tour Finals season-end finale.

Former World No.4 is called as ‘Delpo’ or ‘The Tower’ amongst his fans and close friends. He holds the record of being the first Argentine after Guillermo Vilas to win the US Open; he is looking forward to become the first Argentine to win the ABN AMRO tournament next year after Vilas won it back in 1982.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #1143
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

very interesting news, good for delpo
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #1144
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #1145
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Juan Martin won Comeback Player of the Year award. At least his lame rivals and players appreciate his heroic comeback.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #1146
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

No surprise really:

Comeback Player of the Year (voted by ATP players)

del Potro Juan Martin del Potro: The former World No. 4 re-established himself as one of the top players on the ATP World Tour in 2011. He fell to a low of No. 485 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings this past February, after a wrist injury and surgery limited him to six matches in 2010, but climbed to No. 11 by November. The 23-year-old Argentine compiled a 48-16 match record and two ATP World Tour titles (Estoril, Delray Beach).

And he tweeted about it :

Hola! Me daran el premio al mejor regreso del año x mi recuperación durante el 2011.Un lindo gesto que quería compartir con ustedes. Saludos

Hello! Me awarded the prize to the best return of year x my recovery during 2011. A pretty gesture that wanted to share with you. Greetings
Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #1147
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

bravo Juan
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #1148
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Juan Martin won Comeback Player of the Year award. At least his lame rivals and players appreciate his heroic comeback.
Juan's rivals not so limping after all
Old 11-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #1149
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Juan's rivals not so limping after all
They are. His comeback is just too heroic to not to respect it.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #1150
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
They are. His comeback is just too heroic to not to respect it.
we apparently have different philosophies of life towards those around us
Old 11-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #1151
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

well deserved!!
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #1152
Banned!

Now that loss to Fish in Miami this year, is more painful. Losing to an idiot clown is a shame.
Juan should start playing his game, being out of this top 10 is a shame.

Last edited by LawrenceOfTennis : 11-20-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #1153
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

dont you mean miami, juan loss to rafa in the semi of IW
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 11-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #1154
I wanna taste u.

Juanito is well deserved
Quote:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #1155
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
Juanito is well deserved
What? This fiasco of an indoor season?