"Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #91
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
In my defense, since moving to the east coast, I have met many people who maintain opinions very much akin to the one that you stated sarcastically. They've completely screwed up my radar for determining when someone is merely taking the piss.
Welcome to the east coast. I hope you enjoy our beautiful fall foliage, our lovely winter blizzards, and the suffocating summer humidity. Yes, we're notoriously sarcastic here, maybe too much so. Where are you originally from? PM me if you'd like.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #92
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Woops! Thanks, Lopez.

My bad, Tangy, I obviously mistook you for serious.

Please forgive me.

In my defense, since moving to the east coast, I have met many people who maintain opinions very much akin to the one that you stated sarcastically. They've completely screwed up my radar for determining when someone is merely taking the piss.
Good luck with us East Coasters- and here I am wanting to move out west one day.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #93
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Welcome to the east coast. I hope you enjoy our beautiful fall foliage, our lovely winter blizzards, and the suffocating summer humidity. Yes, we're notoriously sarcastic here, maybe too much so. Where are you originally from? PM me if you'd like.
Oh, it's not the sarcasm that throws me off. It's the anti-American attitudes that go to such extremes that I assume they must be being sarcastic (but they aren't). But this is probably more an east coast urban thing (I live just outside Philadelphia).

I'm from the Midwest, actually (Peoria, Illinois, about 160 miles south of Chicago). I'll be moving back there in a few months.

Oh, and FYI, strangely enough, the summers and winters both are far more mild here than in the Midwest, if you can believe it. Illinois gets hit with some nasty blizzards and scalding summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Good luck with us East Coasters- and here I am wanting to move out west one day.
Thank you, but it seems as though my time with them will be coming to an end soon.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #94
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
South Park's ripping on Penn State was pretty funny last night.
I saw some clips and I am forced to retract what I said earlier in this thread about it being too soon, because I had a good laugh.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #95
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, it's not the sarcasm that throws me off. It's the anti-American attitudes that go to such extremes that I assume they must be being sarcastic (but they aren't). But this is probably more an east coast urban thing (I live just outside Philadelphia).

I'm from the Midwest, actually (Peoria, Illinois, about 160 miles south of Chicago). I'll be moving back there in a few months.

Oh, and FYI, strangely enough, the summers and winters both are far more mild here than in the Midwest, if you can believe it. Illinois gets hit with some nasty blizzards and scalding summers.

Thank you, but it seems as though my time with them will be coming to an end soon.
Having been raised in Mass, trained in New York outside and in the city, Naval time in Norfolk Virgnia, part time in Seattle and 20 years in Maine I have to say Maine is a bit behind the times thankfully. Love it here but then again what can you say for a state that is so large with so few
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #96
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno OUT after 46 years

I saw an interview with a Baltimore sportscaster called Gerry Sandusky. I believe he covers the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL. Well, he just said that these two weeks haven't been easy for him either and he's been doing a lot of explaining. No doubt with a name like Gerry Sandusky. That's just bad luck. They aren't related or anything, the name is just funny.

I watched the Bob Costas interview once again and I found Bob Costas slightly amusing. Yes, he did a great job and asked all the right questions, but his facial expressions were quite funny. There wasn't really any pictures to insert and they pretty much just had to show Bob's face and reaction when Sandusky was giving his stupid answers. Although it seems that Costas has only one expression he still manages to look surprised, stunned, curios, very concerned etc. etc. with the one expression.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #97
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Is Sandusky's 15 minutes already up? Well, the topic hasn't been in the late night monologues. Jay has done maybe three jokes and Letterman propably none. Dave had some radio guy talking about the mess.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #98
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Tangy was being sarcastic .

She's as pro USA and anti Europe as you can get
I’m pretty sure Tangy isn’t anti-Europe. She’s anti-European-anti-American.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #99
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie Fine is the new pedophile of the month. Sandusky is still on the radar, but most never really gave a damn about the **** situation, just the football. Now that Paterno has been gone a while, a lot of people have forgotten about it because it's not a fresh story.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #100
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Is Sandusky's 15 minutes already up?
Nope!

Quote:
A new alleged victim of the Penn State child sex abuse scandal claimed in court papers Wednesday that former university football coach Jerry Sandusky "sexually abused" him more than 100 times during a four-year period and threatened to harm his family if he spoke out.

The accuser, now 30 years old, claims in the first lawsuit prompted by the abuse inquiry that his "unwanted" contact with Sandusky — charged last month with 40 criminal counts involving eight alleged victims — began when he was 10 years old and taking part in The Second Mile, a charity for at-risk children founded by Sandusky. He said the alleged misconduct occurred at multiple locations, including a university locker room, Sandusky's home and at the site of a Penn State football bowl game.

"I'm … taking this action because I don't want other kids to be hurt and abused by Jerry Sandusky or anybody," the unidentified accuser said in a statement released by his lawyers. "I never told anybody what he did to me over 100 times at all kinds of places until the newspapers reported that he had abused other kids and the people at Penn State and The Second Mile didn't do the things they should have to protect me and the other kids."

The alleged victim said he had been "hurting for a long time because of what happened" and now feels "even more tormented that I have learned of so many other kids were abused after me. "
The lawsuit, which names Sandusky, Penn State University and The Second Mile as defendants in a 27-page claim, seeks at least $400,000 in damages. It also alleges negligence and that the three defendants conspired to "endanger children."

Sandusky's attorney, Joseph Amendola, did not respond to a request for comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #101
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been busy with you know, living through this whole disaster, as well as being a college student. Just thought I'd respond to the general vibe of the whole thread.

Those who are saying "why does anyone just care about the school and not about the kids" which I've seen a few times, you clearly are selectively paying attention. We've raised nearly 500,000 dollars for the victims of these crimes. The athletic department has pledged another 1.5 million dollars.

To the person from Ohio State, I understand, and you're probably right for most of it, until you said the word "crimes" and then I realized you probably think Joe Paterno is a criminal and then your opinion lost all weight. Not a knock on you since the media did a great job of making this the "Joe Paterno Scandal" instead of the "Jerry Sandusk Scandal", but still.

Life's back to normal here, but I'm never going to forget the Nebraska football game. When the players from both teams prayed together pre-game, the entire stadium went silent. I don't know how many of you have been in a singular place as 110,000 people are silent, but that moment will be ingrained in my mind for quite a while.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #102
country flag Mr.Michael

The New York Times did also a interview with Sandusky. And on camera. I find it actually quite surprising how much he is giving interviews. But every time they ask some tough questions he is squirming.

I wonder if he gets to coach the prison team?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #103
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Although it seems that Costas has only one expression he still manages to look surprised, stunned, curios, very concerned etc. etc. with the one expression.
That's because his face is mostly plastic.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 AM   #104
country flag Mr.Michael

Sandusky's lawyer has actually been quite amusing. His tactics and comments make you wonder if he even has a law degree. Sandusky is in deep shit and that serves him right.

Really, what the hell is going on? First Sandusky, then this Bernie Fine and now a respected sports columnist Bill Conlin is apparently the latest asshole.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #105
country flag thrust
Banned!

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am concerned, Joe Paterno has gotten a bum rap in all of this. He reported what he was told to higher authorities in Penn State. It turns out that the witness did NOT tell Joe exactly what he saw in the locker room in order to not embarrass Joe. He did tell the higher authorities, the graphic details, that he did not tell Paterno. In any case, it was those above Joe and the witness who should have gone to the police. Joe Paterno has been a great coach, advisor and friend to hundreds of Penn State players and others on campus. He has turned down many millions when offered a Pro contract and has donated millions to Penn State in various ways. The stinking media loves to tear down good people in order to make an evil story more sensational. Joe Paterno, like all of us is not perfect, but he is much better than most pompous, self rightous sports media jerks.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote