Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 148 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #2206
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

That explains why I've never heard it before.

I've only(!) got their last four albums, from In Absentia onwards.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #2207
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
That explains why I've never heard it before.

I've only(!) got their last four albums, from In Absentia onwards.
That explains a LOT indeed.
However I much I appreciate all of PT's albums, In Absentia was the LAST of his/their genuine masterpieces.

As so often, a band only manages to make their breakthrough AFTER their best works.

S.W. made this fantastic song 18 years ago. Radioactive Toy. Just an indication...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #2208
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Voyage 34 - The Complete Trip

Space Is Deep

It's in fact a genuine tribute to Timothy Leary and Syd Barret!t

<- the genious composer of all of this is in my avvy. Hey there, Steven!!!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-12-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #2209
Anathemaniac

One of the most beautiful, heartbreaking vids I ever saw -

PT's sad-and-lovely Way Out Of Here

Oh man.

Anathema

Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #2210
Anathemaniac

Anneke.

Anathema

Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 AM   #2211
Anathemaniac

WHOOOOO YEAH!!!!

By-tor And the Snow Dog!!!

Yes, RUSH again. Damn these ultimate magicians... oh man.

Anathema

Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #2212
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Rush

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #2213
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Rush
Oh man, what more can be said about these genuine legends?

I was at an international Rush fan meeting this past weekend, including a big screen sighting of a recording of their "Time Machine"-tour, which I attended in Rotterdam earlier this year. I think it was taped in Cleveland, USA, and will be released on DVD real soon. Man... unbelievable.

Most bands revolve around one true Master Genious, with his mercenaries being - of course - top class musicians. Rush, however, is so remarkable for still having the same old three guys playing and performing, and most of all, ENJOYING what they're doing - and ALL of them being genuine GOATs on their instruments.

All three of them immaculate musicians, even if they'll never reach those hights again like they did with truly masterpieces like 2112, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres and the like - watch them play live and you'll notice yourself having to search for your jaw not just below your feet, but below the balcony below you. It's what these guys are capable of, even now the most of them are pushing their 60's.

It's like a good friend of mine said, after watching their Rotterdam show this year - "Everytime I witness these guys playing, I feel like just dumping my instrument and *give up*. It's like watching and hearing a three-hour-plus MASTERCLASS."

Mind you, that guy is a fantastic bass player himself, conservatory level if not more.
But he's right.

Anathema

Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #2214

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another canadian trio I like performing an early PF song

Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #2215

Talking about PF...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #2216
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Here's another canadian trio I like performing an early PF song

Voivod!!!
Yep, great band, and great interpretation.

Still, nothing beats Anathema's interpretation of that same song, which I was happy to witness at the Bospop 2000-festival.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any recordings of that holy moment...

Anathema

Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #2217
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the Steve Wilson tour and imagine that a lot of you in this thread would enjoy it....
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #2218
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
Just saw the Steve Wilson tour and imagine that a lot of you in this thread would enjoy it....
Bloody heavens yeah. I guess you mean Mr. Steven Wilson?
Awesome show indeed.

Here's my reviews on both his concerts in Amsterdam and Zoetermeer: http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/382986.html

Oh man.

Anathema

Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #2219
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Bloody heavens yeah. I guess you mean Mr. Steven Wilson?
Awesome show indeed.

Here's my reviews on both his concerts in Amsterdam and Zoetermeer: http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/382986.html

Oh man.

That's the one A wonderful show and glad you enjoyed it too. Todd Rundgren's Utopia and John Scofield are also playing this week (as is the tribute to Genesis by Musical Box)
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #2220
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
That's the one A wonderful show and glad you enjoyed it too. Todd Rundgren's Utopia and John Scofield are also playing this week (as is the tribute to Genesis by Musical Box)

Mr. Steven Wilson is my GOAT of the past two decades though.
The fellow truly resurrected the entire genre. Man-oh-man!

Here's a live version of his lovely "The Seance" from PT's Fear of A Black Planet.

Save it quickly, as I know it will be deleted asap.

Anathema