"Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #46
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno OUT after 46 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat9 View Post
Can people stop with the 'we don't know what Paterno knew' crap? He knew a 60 year old man was doing something with a 10 year old boy in a shower. Whether it was characterized as 'horseplay' or fondling...you know what, fuck that. A 60 year old in a shower with a 10 year old boy is enough to call the police. There are NO circumstances under which that scenario isn't wrong.
Very well said. This already feels like some dopy scene from Beverly Hills 90210, where Brandon Walsh gets the students to stand up for a professor who's being accused for some trivial thing.

It's sad how people think someone is so sacred, he can't be criticized for anything. Somehow I doubt the school janitor would have gotten the same treatment.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #47
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heared of any of these people before but did Joe Paterno, without doubt, know what was going on?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #48
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
I have never heared of any of these people before but did Joe Paterno, without doubt, know what was going on?
This is shady. He knew something was going on, but according to many many people he didn't know how severe the actions that took place were. One of the prosecutors has said that McQueary's statement to Paterno was rather vague and he never had a full grasp of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
You're studying to become a lawyer?

I didn't grow in Pennsylvania but I did attend a very good university here in Europe. But any of that doesn't matter.

People say "don't jump to conclusion"? I mean, please? Joe was the most influental man in Penn State and you claim he knew so little? You honestly believe he hadn't already heard things and rumours? And the McQuery thing was the dagger.

McQuery and semantics? How is that possible? You can't hide the fact that he told 2002 something quite disturbing to Paterno. Why are we even talking about this? They obviously took some limited actions against Sandusky, so they believed something serious was going on, right? Paterno himself has acknowledged that he should have done more.

Paterno was just covering and protecting his university. In principle that is understandable but in this case it is also unforgivable.
I'm studying to become an Actuary, don't exactly know where you got lawyer from. Did you read the 23 page grand jury report? If you haven't you are jumping to conclusions. If you think he tried to cover it up? You're also jumping to conclusions. There is literally no evidence of that. None.

Do you have it in your head that McQuery told Paterno and then Paterno did nothing? Because that's the way you're blaming him. If his bosses tell the police like they're supposed to then Joe Paterno is being LAUDED for what he did.

Paterno saying he should have done more is true. He probably should have done more. My point is we do not know what he knew, and as such he didn't deserve to be fired in the manner he was. We also don't know if his bosses lied to him when he tried to follow up. One of the men charged with covering this up was the de facto head of police, so why would Paterno not assume he had gone to the police? And if they were willing to lie to a grand jury, why not to Paterno. THAT is what I'm saying.

If he had been allowed to retire the way he wanted this would have been a much smaller issue here on campus. All we wanted was one more game to show the man who has done so much for this university how we feel. And the BoT decided to take that away from us.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #49
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's Penn State's reputation ruined.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #50
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajk822 View Post
He knew something was going on, but according to many many people he didn't know how severe the actions that took place were. One of the prosecutors has said that McQueary's statement to Paterno was rather vague and he never had a full grasp of the situation.

Do you have it in your head that McQuery told Paterno and then Paterno did nothing? Because that's the way you're blaming him. If his bosses tell the police like they're supposed to then Joe Paterno is being LAUDED for what he did.

My point is we do not know what he knew, and as such he didn't deserve to be fired in the manner he was. We also don't know if his bosses lied to him when he tried to follow up. One of the men charged with covering this up was the de facto head of police, so why would Paterno not assume he had gone to the police? And if they were willing to lie to a grand jury, why not to Paterno. THAT is what I'm saying.
Really? It's Joe Paterno and Penn State. I'll say it again. Paterno is the most influental man there. It's very naive to think he didn't know.

"How severe the actions that took place were"? Cat9 put it very good. There are just no excuses. The bottom line is he knew about a man, who was a involved in a organization with underpriviledged kids, and he was caught doing something inproper. Enough said.

Joe "would be LAUDED" if he would do the same thing any decent man would? Yes, like I said, some people are treated like gods.

When Sadunsky just keeps on poppin up at the campus day after day, week after week, year after year. Maybe even the great Paterno might wonder at this point; "hmmm, maybe the police doesn't know about this". Just a thought.

Who the hell cares about one football game when these things have happened??? Who the hell cares if a rich football coach is denied the opportunity to coach for one more game when these things have happened??? No one except of those so called intellectuals who are rioting.

Last edited by Mr.Michael : 11-11-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #51
country flag Mr.Michael

If were are talking about the classics like "benefit of the doubt", aren't we also supposed to give Sadunsky the benefit of the doubt? I believe he has actually denied the charges. These are horrible accusations, why is he already considered guilty? And no one is rioting.

Well, Jerry can look forward to his prison time. He can kick start his coaching career with the prison team and he will certainly enjoy the showers. He could also write a sequel to his book; "Touched, part 2".
Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #52
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Really? It's Joe Paterno and Penn State. I'll say it again. Paterno is the most influental man there. It's very naive to think he didn't know.

"How severe the actions that took place were"? Cat9 put it very good. There are just no excuses. The bottom line is he knew about a man, who was a involved in a organization with underpriviledged kids, and he was caught doing something inproper. Enough said.

Joe "would be LAUDED" if he would do the same thing any decent man would? Yes, like I said, some people are treated like gods.

When Sadunsky just keeps on poppin up at the campus day after day, week after week, year after year. Maybe even the great Paterno might wonder at this point; "hmmm, maybe the police doesn't know about this". Just a thought.

Who the hell cares about one football game when these things have happened??? Who the hell cares if a rich football coach is denied the opportunity to coach for one more game when these things have happened??? No one except of those so called intellectuals who are rioting.
There's no point arguing with someone who is in "HE HELPED SANDUSKY **** THE KIDS" mode. At least I learned that this week. Just last week people were saying Joe isn't involved enough to control his team. 70 players, and he wasn't involved enough. Now those same people are saying he knew everything and masterminded a cover up. Right...

Again, Penn State's students are doing plenty to remember the victims. I'll once again mention the candle light vigil that will have almost 10,000 students coming together in their honor. But we don't "get it" because we want to honor a man who for forty years made lives better. The "rich" football coach you speak of, makes 20% of what most football coaches of his caliber make. He's given more than half of his salary back to the school, including 4 million in one shot to build a library. Yes, that's a man I'd like to have the opportunity to say thank you to.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #53
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Paterno and Sandusky were friends for many years. Sandusky had been on that staff for 30 years. If you hear vague reports that he was doing something and then nothing came of it when you reported it, it is natural to trust your friend. Also McQueary had known Sandusky for many years and Sandusky was his fathers good friend, so it had to be a shock to him.

But anything McQueary told Paterno that involved the words, Sandusky,boy and shower should have been been followed up on. I know someone who has been a Penn State fan since the 80's and he said there has always been whispers about Sandusky and some of his boys in the second mile. You have to wonder how much interim Coach Bradley knew. He has also been on the staff since the 80's.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #54
country flag Mr.Michael

Quote:
There's no point arguing with someone who is in "HE HELPED SANDUSKY **** THE KIDS" mode. At least I learned that this week. Just last week people were saying Joe isn't involved enough to control his team. 70 players, and he wasn't involved enough. Now those same people are saying he knew everything and masterminded a cover up. Right...

Yes, that's a man I'd like to have the opportunity to say thank you to.
There's really no argument here, it's pretty black and white. It's very hard to find anyone who has sympathy for Paterno and rightly so.

And by the way that "mode" thing is very theatrical. You can explain and argue all you want, but Joe Pa fucked up big time. Big time.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #55
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is shady. He knew something was going on, but according to many many people he didn't know how severe the actions that took place were. One of the prosecutors has said that McQueary's statement to Paterno was rather vague and he never had a full grasp of the situation.

I'm studying to become an Actuary, don't exactly know where you got lawyer from. Did you read the 23 page grand jury report? If you haven't you are jumping to conclusions. If you think he tried to cover it up? You're also jumping to conclusions. There is literally no evidence of that. None.

Paterno saying he should have done more is true. He probably should have done more. My point is we do not know what he knew, and as such he didn't deserve to be fired in the manner he was. We also don't know if his bosses lied to him when he tried to follow up. One of the men charged with covering this up was the de facto head of police, so why would Paterno not assume he had gone to the police? And if they were willing to lie to a grand jury, why not to Paterno. THAT is what I'm saying.

If he had been allowed to retire the way he wanted this would have been a much smaller issue here on campus. All we wanted was one more game to show the man who has done so much for this university how we feel. And the BoT decided to take that away from us.
You are wrong. Paterno has to go to the police or correct authority by law. He does not have to go to his AD. Fans that are supporting him are saying that football is greater than the lives of young children.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #56
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Where have the parents been? Why haven't they been screaming to the press for years? I haven't been following the details religiously, but if I'm not mistaken, then certain parents have known for years and now they suddenly all go public?

This is sort of like the whole Tiger Woods saga. How is that all of a sudden there all these people coming of the woodwork and it hits the fan all at once?

I'm not saying that the claims are exaggerated at all, clearly this guy is as obviously guilty as Troy Davis, but I'm just wondering why this all comes out now and none of these parents ever filed charges or anything.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #57
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

The timing is bizarre. The jury report mentions one mother(victim 8 I think) asking why her sons hair was wet and he told it was because he took a shower with Sandusky. Apparently all she did was call Sandusky and told him to stay away from her son. No police call or anything else.

There's not really any doubt he is guilty though. If not, then why has there been absolutely no word from Sandusky or his attorney denying the claims?

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #58
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

jopa has hired a top defense attorney. he should not be allowed to get away with this.

now let the lawsuits flow freely.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #59
country flag Mr.Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post

There's not really any doubt he is guilty though. If not, then why has there been absolutely no word from Sandusky or his attorney denying the claims?
Sandusky's lawyer maintains his client is innocent.

I just read that Sandusky is free on bail and he went shopping at "Dick's Sporting Goods". Gee, he doesn't seem to take it too hard. I wonder why didn't anybody kick the crap out of him?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #60
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You didn't grow up in Pennsylvania, and clearly have never gone to a large university where there are large amounts of pride.

My uncle coached OSU's basketball team. My aunt works in the athletic department and my cousin is a student there. I've been to a ton of football games, did the junior marching band and junior Script Ohio. I know all the words to the fight song and Hang on Sloopy. My family has Buckeye DNA, if you will, and we all have great pride in our school, even the ones that weren't student there.

So hearing Jim Tressel being involved in the NCAA scandal was devastating. Jim did a lot for our football team, including helping us thrash Michigan about 7 times in a row. He admitted covering up the fact that his players were selling athletic merchandise, jerseys and championship rings for tattoos () and lying about it to the NCAA. He resigned for it and lost his job, the team had to forfeit wins. Make note that Jim Tressel's crime was a whole lot less serious than this Penn State child **** scandal, and yet I can't remember anyone rioting in the streets when Jim resigned.

Penn State students can be proud of their school while at the same time denouncing Paterno et al. for their crimes. The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/ohio-s...te-jim-tressel

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote