Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 76 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #1126
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
I was actually referring to missing the asian swing.
I see. Well we will never know it seems. I am so looking forward to DC now and then 2012.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #1127
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I see. Well we will never know it seems. I am so looking forward to DC now and then 2012.
Me too. But I will be more careful. Match by match.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #1128
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of shit news again. He's out of Paris.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #1129
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Would like to have some official news. Will try and find some. If you do Lori please update this thread; thanks!

EDIT: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...Withdraws.aspx

Here we go:
Argentine Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the BNP Paribas Masters with a shoulder injury, ending his chances of qualifying for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for a second time.

“My shoulder started bothering me in Valencia and it got worse after each round. Now I have to rest and start rehab,” said the former World No. 4, a finalist on his circuit finale debut in 2009.

Del Potro had stepped up his bid to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals the past two weeks, reaching the Vienna final and Valencia semi-finals to move up to No. 10 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Year-To-Date Rankings. He had made his comeback from a wrist injury to compile a 47-16 record and two titles this season.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #1130
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I really wonder about the ATP folks though- they seemed to have forgotten he played the end championships in 2008 as well.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #1131
Banned!

Poor Juan. He is by far the unluckiest player.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #1132
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Poor Juan. He is by far the unluckiest player.
Yeah I am beginning to see this. However I question the shoulder injury ( easy to use this I suppose). The match I watched did see worse serve % but he did not appear to be in pain and if that was the case why did he not get it looked at ( stretched, lubed, massaged) during the SF when he called the trainer? My instinct is telling me otherwise. And that's my medical instinct btw. Oh well. Time to lock the match thread and bump the DC one
Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #1133
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Svetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond repute

A fitting end to a terrible season. In March he looked set to end the year in top 8 but then couldn't deal with the expectations and flopped terribly.

The Davis cup final will be another nail in the coffin, they might as well not even bother given that they can't even beat Granollers on hardcourts, let alone Nadal on clay,
Svetlana T. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #1134
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana T. View Post
A fitting end to a terrible season. In March he looked set to end the year in top 8 but then couldn't deal with the expectations and flopped terribly.

The Davis cup final will be another nail in the coffin, they might as well not even bother given that they can't even beat Granollers on hardcourts, let alone Nadal on clay,
Maybe, but I will still have fun watching the fight for the cup. Which is what tennis is all about for me. Give the Argentines credit for at least making the finals. Who would or could beat Spain in Spain on slow clay? No one IMO.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #1135
Banned!

Quote:
Maybe, but I will still have fun watching the fight for the cup. Which is what tennis is all about for me. Give the Argentines credit for at least making the finals. Who would or could beat Spain in Spain on slow clay? No one IMO.
For me it's not too much fun to watch constant losing.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #1136
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
For me it's not too much fun to watch constant losing.
That's too bad since you can't see them win every time! ok I have a phone meeting now.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #1137
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Svetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's too bad since you can't see them win every time! ok I have a phone meeting now.
Every time?!
At least once would be nice, but alas...
Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #1138
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana T. View Post
Every time?!
At least once would be nice, but alas...
??? JM in finals and SF recently?
Monaco making the F?
That's not bad in my book.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #1139
Banned!

Quote:
Monaco making the F?
We all know this final will be another catastrophe.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #1140
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Quote:
Monaco making the F?
You were talking about winning. I guess we have a different definiton of it.