ITA Regionals - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
country flag darklucia

darklucia is on a distinguished road
Default ITA Regionals

I haven't been paying that much attention to college tennis but the ITA Northwest Regional is being hosted by UW. I'm going to try to catch a few matches.

Seeds
1. Thacher (Stanford)
2. McMorrow (UW)
3. Cueto (Cal)
4. Andrews (Cal)
5. Lin (Stanford)
6. Konigsfeldt (Cal)
7. McLachlan (Cal)
8. Thai Tu (USF)
9. Dandan (SC), Egger (UW), Kandath (Stanford), Malko (SSU), Morrissey (Stanford), Olivan (STM), Rovello (Oregon), Stineman (Stanford)

I think the only big name missing here is Klahn, who is probably playing futures and stuff? Anyone know for sure?
darklucia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA Regionals

I heard Klahn is battling some injuries.

The Carolinas regional was last weekend. Chris Mengel beat Cunha in the final.(Cunha donated it so both of them could get into the nationals).Clemson's Yannick Maden made the semis but failed to qualify for the nationals.

Rola won the Midwest regional.

almost all the rest of being played this weekend

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
country flag darklucia

I was able to watch some matches this afternoon. It was the first time I saw Oregon play. Rovello is a lefty who plays 2 hands on both sides usually. Sometimes he starts his forehand with two hands but follows through with one over his head.

Also I saw only the first set of Denis Lin vs Max Manthou in which Max rallied from 4-1 down and really it felt like Lin was just pushing. First time I got to see Max play and I think he will be solid.

Nick Andrews fought a real battle with Javier Millan. Millan just couldn't contain his errors in the third set.

I'm going to try to catch the quarters, semis, and finals by skipping seminar on Monday.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
country flag darklucia

Alright, today I watched just the quarters and the end of Nick Andrews vs Kyle Dandan. Very very tight match with both players having match points. Nick Andrews is currently battling Matt Kandath, who has added this exhale sound to his repertoire. I swear I don't remember hearing it the last time I saw him play.

Ryan Thacher won easily over Emmett Egger and looked very good doing so. Hard for me to judge Egger's game but I think he needs some more power on his serve.

Pretty disappointed in the way Kyle McMorrow got broken in set 2. Ben McLachlan hit some very nice passing shots though to break. He was also hitting his serve very well.

Carlos Cueto pretty much overpowered Alex Rovello. I think Rovello is usually a scrambler but he was definitely running a lot tonight.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
country flag darklucia

Thacher and Kandath played a closer than the scoreline suggests 6-2, 6-4 match. It was about 2 hours long. Meanwhile Cueto and McLachlan wasted everyone's time by playing a 6-3, 6-4 match in like 40 minutes. Cueto did the worst job tanking ever when he didn't even hit an easy ball hit straight at him. I feel really bad for that match's ump.

McLachlan has a chance against Thacher since he has a nice serve but really Thacher should win this. Thacher was getting annoyed with his serve today and I think he let that annoyance creep into other parts of his game. But overall he still looked solid.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
country flag darklucia

Kevin King of Georgia Tech wins the Southeast Regional over Ignacio Taboada. Ray Sarmiento wins Southwest Regional over Francis Alcantara of Fresno State.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Frank just won the national tournament over Nevolo 6-3 2-6 7-5. Great stuff from the Freshman

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote