Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 75 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #1111
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetspot View Post
this writer is an ignorant bozo:
1. juan is not a "giant," and it is not cool to call him such.
2. juan is not "currently No. 13" as this ATP not-good help wrote.

check it for yourself: juan is No. 15 @ http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx
Actually that "bozo" is correct as JMDP is #13 in the year to date race for those who would qualify for the end of year championships in London. You are both right

From the ATP site:

Year to date rankings versus ATP rankings ( I have no clue why they do this since I thought they got rid of the race standings a couple of years ago.)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #1112
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Have these bad feelings about tomorrow's match....
Juan is unbelievably good.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #1113
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

vamos Delpo carajo
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #1114
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Actually that "bozo" is correct as JMDP is #13 in the year to date race for those who would qualify for the end of year championships in London. You are both right

From the ATP site:

Year to date rankings versus ATP rankings ( I have no clue why they do this since I thought they got rid of the race standings a couple of years ago.)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
thank you for clarifying, cobalt60! ... TBH, I didnt know that YTD ranking was a separate link ...... now I do, and have favorited it!

---

anyway, our man added a few more points today

petzschner fought valiantly, but he made a fatal error in the ninth game of the second set when del potro broke his serve at the net with a bh volley that petz couldnt get to ...

vamos juan!
Sweetspot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #1115
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the ATP write up:

"Juan Martin del Potro insisted on Friday that he does not feel pressure in the battle to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Speaking after his 6-2, 6-4 victory over German Tommy Haas, the 2001 champion, at the Erste Bank Open in Vienna, del Potro said, "It is a nice goal to play the [Barclays] ATP World Tour Finals in London, but I am still a long way away and [Jo-Wilfried] Tsonga, [Janko] Tipsarevic, [Tomas] Berdych and [Mardy] Fish are playing amazing tennis this season.

"It is going to be very tough, but if I win all the tournaments to Paris [the BNP Paribas Masters] it is possible. I don't feel pressure about the Finals, I just want to finish the year as strongly as I can. I'm almost Top 10 again, but with my ranking today I am very happy.

"I hope to have more confidence in my tennis and fitness next year. I am happy to reach another semi-final this year. It is important for my comeback and for the future."

Del Potro can add 230 South African Airways 2011 ATP Year-To-Date Rankings points by lifting the Vienna trophy this week. He is currently No. 13 in the battle for London with three spots left up for grabs. "
Old 11-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #1116
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Translated article ESPN: ( sorry if it sounds weird)
" Of the Colt it did not want excuses "

The Argentine tennis player Juan Martin of the Colt indicated after losing in semifinals of the match of Valencia before Marcel Granollers, that the merit of the triumph was of the Spanish player and it did not want to shield itself in the physical annoyances that suffered in the shoulder before the party. " I would have liked to feel to me better but it is not necessary to give many returns him. Marcel made a great party and is merit his. It knew that it has a complicated game. I came to face two great sacadores and Granollers does not remove so hard but it looks for more angles and it has more effect, reason why it cost resto" to me; , it explained. " Now is just a short time to confront the last match of the season - Masters 1,000 of Paris and is necessary to remove east bitter flavor from derrota" , it added. Facing the end, Of the Colt it gave options to Granollers to gain the title, indifferently of which their rival is David Ferrer or Juan Monaco, and emphasized that he will be " great final". " If it plays against David, Ferrer is the favorite, and if it is with Monaco also it is going to have a difficult party because the Tip I know many years and it is never given. But in a end it can happen of everything and great Marcel has managed to arrive and has gained partidos" again there; , it explained. Of the Colt, that in its race played for the first time in Valencia, it indicated: " I remain with a great memory of this match. Without a doubt I would like to return the next year, am something that in addition I spoke with my trainers before the party and we would like volver" , it reiterated. After disputing Masters 1,000 of Paris, Of the Colt it indicated that it will return to Argentina to rest a little and immediately it will begin to train in beaten earth to prepare facing the end of the Glass Davis before Spain.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #1117
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

well im glad he decided to rest for a bit and wait til DC final to play

vamos Delpo
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #1118
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

He will be heading to Paris( must have just known that Getta and Sjouke were heading there to see him ) and then home to rest and practice on clay. Then DC!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #1119
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

o well still

vamos juan, i hope he doesnt injured himself too much
Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #1120
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Nice that he did not use whatever was going on with him as an excuse. Really like this kid As well as his tennis
Old 11-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #1121
I wanna taste u.

well i love this kid as well and im sure you appreciate his tennis
Old 11-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #1122
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Playing Paris is hopefully a good decision but overall his career management is a catastrophe.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #1123
I wanna taste u.

then he needs a new management pronto

take action delpo
Old 11-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #1124
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Playing Paris is hopefully a good decision but overall his career management is a catastrophe.
Well who knows why he exactly decided to play as there has not been any comment on what happened/how he felt yesterday. Which is none of our business even though inquiring minds would like to know
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #1125
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Well who knows why he exactly decided to play as there has not been any comment on what happened/how he felt yesterday. Which is none of our business even though inquiring minds would like to know
I was actually referring to missing the asian swing.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote