DTT Managers Thread 2011 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #151
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DTT Managers Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
o/

=)
It would be nice if you could open DTT Paris today or on monday
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #152
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's really really early, but can I put my hand up for Week 2 in 2012 - Sydney (and Auckland?)

Also, I wanted to put out for discussion for next year:
I was thinking that a few weeks during the year there may only be one ATP tournament on and in the case that we have too many players for a Main Draw, to limit the number of Singles entries to 28 with a "Qualifying" of 1 round consisting 8 players (so a total of 36 maximum?). If adopted: I will offer now to run Challengers tournaments in those weeks that there is only the single tournament on in the ATP (not including the Grand Slam tournaments, as there should be enough doubles matches to cater for a larger draw). This would allow players to earn points the same way for TT Challengers if they don't make the cut for the ATP tournament.

The only issue I can see is if there is say 40 entries for the week... not sure how to go about that as 4 players would be too small to run a tournament. Perhaps if >=40 players enter, then have a 32 draw for ATP and minimum 8+ draw for Challenger? and if less than 40 players enter, then have a single qualifying round for ATP tournament to accommodate all players. At some point this year, there were a few tournaments where more than half of the entrants had to play in the 'preliminary' round, which was necessary, but I think having a different system would help ease the pressure to run preliminary rounds when there are so few doubles matches being played in the week.

Again if this Challenger system were to be adopted, maybe the finalists of the Challenger tournament in a week get a Special Entry into the following weeks ATP tournament (if there is again a need to split the DTT entries)? I was thinking this might be fairer for those relegated to the Challenger tournaments to give them (us) a chance at being rewarded for playing well, and be able to earn the bigger points in the ATP the following week. (of course this would mean 2 less direct entries, but that would be fairly easy to manage, considering that TT criteria is much more complex and there is rarely any problem there.)

Anyhow, food for thought. It may not be necessary to implement something like this, but I think it would be good to have a plan in case DTT does get bigger.

Cheers JJ
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #153
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Having read the last 30 posts, I see that we may need to sort out the low manager numbers first!

I am willing to take on tournaments, but unfortunately I have not been very reliable the last 12-18 months. Things are a bit better for me now, but I do still have troubles with sleeping, sometimes I oversleep for hours and that is not good if trying to manage DTT/TT. I manage PAW/FITD and Suicide Tennis as I know it is not as time dependent as DTT/TT and I dont like to do a bad job.

I am always happy to be an assistant also... I usually find when someone has posted they need an assistant in the thread, someone else has offered before I get the chance to read it. So if anyone needs an assistant, if you send me a PM, I will answer within about 12-24 hours.

One way to maybe get more people managing is to have 2 managers for a tournament. If 2 people are in different timezones then it might be easier if one does the OOP, schedule and the other person posts differences.
For instance I can usually post the OOP for Asian tournaments and Americas tournaments, but not for European/African. Whereas I could easily post the diffs for Europe/Africa, but not for Asian tournaments. Also a buddy system might help people ease into managing the tournaments. It's a lot less frightening if you have a buddy who helps with scores and updates, etc.

Gav, I saw this week in Paris that scoobs was helping you out and you had allowed them access to update your posts. How did you do that? That could be helpful here.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #154
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
Gav, I saw this week in Paris that scoobs was helping you out and you had allowed them access to update your posts. How did you do that? That could be helpful here.
Scoobs is a mod, that's why he could edit my posts
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #155
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Also I have two things.

1. Not more late picks to be accept, abollo gave a clear example in last pages.

2. EL and seeding to be based two weeks before tournaments start

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 115 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #156
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Also I suggest that I can run ranking from 2012, because I see that Yanick is too busy at some moments

Tennis Tipping 2014

Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Old 11-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #157
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Also I suggest that I can run ranking from 2012, because I see that Yanick is too busy at some moments
that's a good idea - I really appreciate that Yannick does it but he shouldn't have to worry about it all the time as there are much more important things for him to do

What I think should be changed is:

1. As somebody already mentioned (I think Marto) the thread should be opened 2 weeks prior to the tournament start.

2. In addition we should use the rankings as of 2 weeks earlier and seeding based on the ranking 1 week before the tournament start

3. We should be using Special Exempts and only 26 DE's

4. Main Draw should start on Monday - not always on Tuesday - it should be handled like in Paris (We used Challenger matches for qualification and Paris Matches for the MD)
Players in the Qualification could send picks for the Qualifying and for the Main Draw -. if they qualify they could be placed into the MD immediately as they already made MD picks
The disadvantage would be a 2-day First round - in the meantime the OOP wouldn't always have to be split what would make the manager's task easier. that'sworth talking about I reckon

5. Have a Challenger twice a month (I support jervisjames idea) - Players around 50-60 could collect points easier and Qualification for the Main Events is not needed all the time

6. Late Picks not to be accepted - It's really annoying to wait for players make their picks after the deadline - in most cases they don't even need them anymore because the defeat is predeterminded...

7. Make DTT more popular - it doesn't afford too much time and it's a really good game
Maybe we should make some ad's in the forum - considering that and MANAGERS

I can help out more often next year - I'll manage Week 1 and then maybe in March, May and during June and July...

By the way who is on the DTT board? I'd like to have a go there if help is needed
TTS:#122 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #158
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

It's perfect to have managers to first two tournaments next year
king, Yannick and Alex are members of the board, also I don't like idea with this challenger qualification

Tennis Tipping 2014

Finals CH

Old 11-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #159
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Big thanks to all managers 2011

About rules I'd like to have similar rules like in TT if possible. And yes the most important one get ride of late picks. I never liked this one

Maybe we need some polls but players (at least top 20) should be also allowed to vote not only managers imho.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #160
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

top 20 = or regular players.

I just wanted to say that not only 4-5 people (managers) should decide about the rules

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #161
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
It's perfect to have managers to first two tournaments next year
king, Yannick and Alex are members of the board, also I don't like idea with this challenger qualification
Do you mean me with king? I would like to be member of the board actually

Bjorkis idea is nice - We need a poll really....
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #162
country flag kingroger

Davis cup topic is opened