"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 298 80.54%
Leave them as they are 72 19.46%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #121
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speed up the Courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
Which just shows what an absolute joke Roland Garros has become.
concurred......french open has never been the same after 2008......they did something very drastic to it in 2009 and it never looked like original clay again......that fed-djokovic match this year looked like a perfect hardcourt match......dr.ivo would have been unbeatable that day......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #122
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

RG is the fastest slam now offically

fuck you tennis

when federer goes i leave as well

fuck you tennis- you were great in the 80s
you were perfect in the 90s when i was a kid and easy to fall in love with you
and when fed was around you were still good
but now you're just old, and shit- and you're no longer attractive to me

goodbye tennis
Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #123
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egreen View Post
Nole and Nadal benefit the most from this.
But so does Djoko (even more so here at the USO than at Wimbledon because the Serb's №1 favorite surface is slow hard court
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #124
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
it's extremely funny and ironic that federina the ultimate beneficiary of homogenization and slow surfaces is now, after all the 16 slams he won, whining about the slowness of courts......
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #125
country flag Manduco

Manduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond reputeManduco has a reputation beyond repute

Plays right into the hands of Nadal's top spin.
Manduco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #126
country flag ZakMcCrack

ZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
......dr.ivo would have been unbeatable that day......
, quotha.

Seriously, wow - that's a most remarkable aperçu.
Sideway trainers like Barrigan
Hear radiant wavy baby skin"
MF DOOM
ZakMcCrack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #127
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATP needs to speed up the courts, not slow them down?

I am seriously beginning to lose interest in tennis as a professional sport. The ATP tour are destroying the sport by slowing down every court worldwide. Isn't it time they sped some of the courts up? I want to see variety, unpredicatability. Not the same two or three players winning every single tournament worldwide because all of the courts are the same speed. SLOW.

The likes of Llodra, Roddick, Isner, no longer have a chance of winning a 1000 masters tournament at the moment, let along a GS, as the courts are too slow for their games.
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #128
country flag Aaric

Aaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP needs to speed up the courts, not slow them down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
I am seriously beginning to lose interest in tennis as a professional sport. The ATP tour are destroying the sport by slowing down every court worldwide. Isn't it time they sped some of the courts up? I want to see variety, unpredicatability. Not the same two or three players winning every single tournament worldwide because all of the courts are the same speed. SLOW.

The likes of Llodra, Roddick, Isner, no longer have a chance of winning a 1000 masters tournament at the moment, let along a GS, as the courts are too slow for their games.
You need to try WTA

DjokovicˇSoderling
Aaric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #129
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

It has nothing to do with court speed, rather the mental weakness of the rest of the top 100 to beat the top guys.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #130
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaric View Post
You need to try WTA
Why, not exactly a fountain of variety
Hope it is clear now, tool!
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #131
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
It has nothing to do with court speed, rather the mental weakness of the rest of the top 100 to beat the top guys.
You're being a bit dim tonight lad. Course it does.

Even at the US Open now, defence is the best form of offence.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #132
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
You're being a bit dim tonight lad. Course it does.

Even at the US Open now, defence is the best form of offence.
I gotta disagree. No one can even hit a proper approach these days. Net close angles are shit, and don't even let me get started on volley quality

I still believe an aggressive style of play can be employed even on these courts. Of course you have to hit quality approaches, close the net like you know what you are doing, and hit a good volley since these guys can run down everything.

The problem is most players approach the net like Roddick
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #133
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I gotta disagree. No one can even hit a proper approach these days. Net close angles are shit, and don't even let me get started on volley quality
I don't think it's debatable that the majority of courts today favor defense and grinding. Not really surprising players are increasingly clueless in the forecourt.

Quote:
I still believe an aggressive style of play can be employed even on these courts. Of course you have to hit quality approaches, close the net like you know what you are doing, and hit a good volley since these guys can run down everything.
Why would you go to all that trouble playing high risk tennis when a different game works better? Aggresive style could be employed on old clay too and many did because it's what they do best, but they were still at a disadvantage compared to those whose style was better suited to the surface. The issue is not whether it's possible to win agressively, but to have courts that actually favor it.
Hope it is clear now, tool!
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #134
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
I am seriously beginning to lose interest in tennis as a professional sport. The ATP tour are destroying the sport by slowing down every court worldwide. Isn't it time they sped some of the courts up?
There are a few that have been sped up, it's not all one-way. Indoors Rotterdam was quicker this year, and Paris has been sped up a ton (a few said it was the fastest court they'd ever seen). Quite a few of the European indoor events have got a bit quicker in 08/09 too, as they went from Greenset to Gerflor. Moscow moved to a quicker version of Rukort.

Outdoors Tokyo has got faster this past year, Nadal said it was the fastest court he'd played on. Montreal this year was also quicker than in 09 (which may have been a mistake, as it was pretty quick in 05/07). Delray is using a quicker plexipave, and Winston-Salem is a lot quicker than the event it replaced (New Haven). Cincy is as quick as ever.

Having said all that, at the big events: Miami and IW are as slow as ever (they're rated medium/slow on the ITF scale). Shanghai replaced an indoors event in Madrid, but it's much slower (also I suspect a medium/slow).

At the majors they've explained what happened with the US this year, I'm sure they'll fix it for next. It is supposed to be identical to Cincy, after all.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #135
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Heard Basel has been slowed down as well.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote