Vasek Pospisil - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #616
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil stop trying to speak czech in Russia- they don't understand you.

Vasek Pospisil: After the first set today, my Russian opponent decided he was too tired to continue. I guess he had places to be and things to do.

(And I was thinking this time his joke went over the line...)

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil opponent today, Kumantsov, partied too much during the week, he wanted to go back to bed after the 1st set- crazy Russians.
The best part is that it is true. A lot of talented players in Russia. A lot of talent wasted.

Frederic Niemeyer: Sharing Hotel room w/ @VasekPospisil St-Petersburg. He has so many funny habits. I want to share with the world but not sure where to start. You can definitely see that @VasekPospisil is used to have roommates on the road. Every little moves he makes is well calculated to his favor.

Vasek Pospisil: I dont consider showering a funny habit @fredniemeyer, if thats what you're referring to. You should try it sometimes, you might enjoy it : )

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil I HAVE to shower at the club because you are using our bathroom as a clothes line. IT SOOOOOOO SMELLY in there WOW!!!!

Frederic Niemeyer: He takes his shower/bath with his little duck. He carries it every week. Is he really 21 years old?

anna_tennisfan: @fredniemeyer this is a mark of a true champion (& Roger's Cup winner), as evidenced here: http://yfrog.com/gzrhkcmj (CC: @VasekPospisil )

Frederic Niemeyer: I'll be nice to him before heading to bed (match AM). He sleeps in his sexy undies and shirtless-sexy body!

Vasek Pospisil: @fredniemeyer I may use a duck but at least i have a sexy body (as u said urself). Something you can only dream of at your old age.

Vasek Pospisil: Too tired to keep arguing with a 35 year old child. Ill get some pics of @fredniemeyer tmrw and put an end to this once and for all, muhahaa

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil "DRINK WATER". As a coach, u have to try all the techniques to pass ur message when it doesn't work.Young generation-INTERNET!

I love banter between these two on twitter. It's like they are made for each other.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #617
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Vasek drew Seppi in the first round.

As long as it wasn't Cilic I'm happy, I think I would have preferred Chardy slightly because 2nd round would have been Sela who upset Dolgopolov. But Seppi is just as good really

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #618
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil stop trying to speak czech in Russia- they don't understand you.

Vasek Pospisil: After the first set today, my Russian opponent decided he was too tired to continue. I guess he had places to be and things to do.

(And I was thinking this time his joke went over the line...)

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil opponent today, Kumantsov, partied too much during the week, he wanted to go back to bed after the 1st set- crazy Russians.
The best part is that it is true. A lot of talented players in Russia. A lot of talent wasted.

Frederic Niemeyer: Sharing Hotel room w/ @VasekPospisil St-Petersburg. He has so many funny habits. I want to share with the world but not sure where to start. You can definitely see that @VasekPospisil is used to have roommates on the road. Every little moves he makes is well calculated to his favor.

Vasek Pospisil: I dont consider showering a funny habit @fredniemeyer, if thats what you're referring to. You should try it sometimes, you might enjoy it : )

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil I HAVE to shower at the club because you are using our bathroom as a clothes line. IT SOOOOOOO SMELLY in there WOW!!!!

Frederic Niemeyer: He takes his shower/bath with his little duck. He carries it every week. Is he really 21 years old?

anna_tennisfan: @fredniemeyer this is a mark of a true champion (& Roger's Cup winner), as evidenced here: http://yfrog.com/gzrhkcmj (CC: @VasekPospisil )

Frederic Niemeyer: I'll be nice to him before heading to bed (match AM). He sleeps in his sexy undies and shirtless-sexy body!

Vasek Pospisil: @fredniemeyer I may use a duck but at least i have a sexy body (as u said urself). Something you can only dream of at your old age.

Vasek Pospisil: Too tired to keep arguing with a 35 year old child. Ill get some pics of @fredniemeyer tmrw and put an end to this once and for all, muhahaa

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil "DRINK WATER". As a coach, u have to try all the techniques to pass ur message when it doesn't work.Young generation-INTERNET!

I love banter between these two on twitter. It's like they are made for each other.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #619
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Vasek Tough against Seppi, but at least it wasn't Cilic, hopefully he plays well and makes a good accounting of himself. Hopefully there'll be a stream for the match, guess it'll be Tuesday.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #620
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
*Round2*

Vasek Pospisil: This is what @fredniemeyer's typical day of coaching consists of. pic.twitter.com/YxPAvRiw

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil Getting so nervous being around u now cause u are constantly examine ALL my moves hoping to get a good tweet out of it.

Frederic Niemeyer: We all know @VasekPospisil's addiction to SUBWAY! Today, Vasek was the happiest man in Russia!!! pic.twitter.com/YnbYFIWo

(That down jacket can't be his, right? http://postfiles9.naver.net/20110520...an.gif?type=w2)

JamieUrdaneta: Did he ask for an autograph? You don't get to see a big subway like that everyday.

Vasek Pospisil: I was too starstruck.. forgot to ask for an autograph

Vasek Pospisil: Btw, I think @fredniemeyer is disappointed he didnt get more followers for his last tweet. "Best tweet of all time", in his words

Frederic Niemeyer: Again Subway boy! I'm not looking to add more followers but to get people's funny reaction. Get it right this time!

Stephanie Myles: I hear Subway Dude's looking for a coach, Fred, so you've always got a fallback. HUGE serve.

Vasek Pospisil: Haha! I'll gladly switch places. Fred can coach subway dude and I'll be the mascot. I'll wear the costume with pride

Stephanie Myles: Bet it smells sweet in the summer.

Frederic Niemeyer: TRUST me, the mascot's costume smells like flowers compare to V's tennis clothes after a tennis match. Here is the proof! Laundry bag stays outside the room. RULE #1 pic.twitter.com/2oxvdXqQ

By the way, Court1 has livestreams.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #621
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

HAH! he lost the first set, just like I knew he would..

and no.. I'm not happy he's losing.. I am a fan. But I am enjoying the slap in the face to the deluded fans who are hyping him up to the skies. He is very overrated in here. Like I said.. it's too soon for him to try to go for the MDs. He's not ready yet. He won't win any matches in the MD anyway. It's better to just focus on the challengers for now.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #622
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

lost 7-5, 7-6 to seppi

some truly awful serving from him in that first set. You arent going to win sets serving at 33% very often.

did better and served better in the 2nd but this had a nid feeling to it through the whole match
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #623
country flag shuhrat

- 3-4* to *4-4
- four separate BPs at 5-6*, saving a few SPs

- 3-0* to *3-3
- in the TB, 2-0* / *2-1 / *2-2, *3-4 / *3-5

He wasn't happy with some line calls and started to look a bit listless on return after losing the lead in the 2nd. All in all, I don't think he played poorly. Besides the low % of 1st serving, Vashy did what he was supposed to do and Seppi was solid enough to draw errors on important points.

Anyway, I think he needs to improve his BH (drive/top spin) more than anything else to take the next step. He uses slice BH quite often, but it's nothing but purely depensive shot. It may be helpful to stay in rallies though, to me, it's too floaty and lacks the nastiness to be a effective shot on the main tour. Oh, and he got burned by dropshot several times in the 1st, as he tends to stand a bit too far behind the baseline.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #624
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post

and no.. I'm not happy he's losing.. I am a fan. But I am enjoying the slap in the face to the deluded fans who are hyping him up to the skies. He is very overrated in here. Like I said.. it's too soon for him to try to go for the MDs. He's not ready yet. He won't win any matches in the MD anyway. It's better to just focus on the challengers for now.
Whaaat? He lost 75 76 to a player that has been on the ATP for 5 years. It was a good choice to try and qualify here. By the way, how did Roger Federer do in his first main draw through qualifying?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #625
country flag 2eazy

2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post

your absolutely clueless, you should really stop talking you have no idea what your talking about
2eazy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #626
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you're making yourself look like a total Moron.

He didn't lose any point by playing qualies this week btw, as you stated before, had he chosen to play the only challenger this week it would have been on clay, he wouldn't have been seeded, so was likely to win 1 match max worth 8 points, he got 12 for qualifying here

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #627
country flag Dudisela75

Dudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond repute

Good performance by Vasek, hanging in there with a guy who is ranked well above him.

Last edited by Dudisela75 : 10-27-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Dudisela75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #628
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

To play close with Seppi with such poor service numbers is a decent showing, but he won't win many matches at any level serving under 50%. Still, sounds like he played fairly well despite that.

I actually quite enjoy the fact that despite nobody predicting Vasek would win, FormerRafaFan still thinks that this match proved people wrong somehow. Definitely some quality humour there
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #629
country flag m9m9m9m9m9

m9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond repute

With that kind of serving % and still hang on pretty close with a top 50 player.. not exactly that bad.
I believe Vasek just has a bad serving day. He usually gets a relatively high % of 1st serve in
m9m9m9m9m9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #630
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Yeah, you're making yourself look like a total Moron.

He didn't lose any point by playing qualies this week btw, as you stated before, had he chosen to play the only challenger this week it would have been on clay, he wouldn't have been seeded, so was likely to win 1 match max worth 8 points, he got 12 for qualifying here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
To play close with Seppi with such poor service numbers is a decent showing, but he won't win many matches at any level serving under 50%. Still, sounds like he played fairly well despite that.

I actually quite enjoy the fact that despite nobody predicting Vasek would win, FormerRafaFan still thinks that this match proved people wrong somehow. Definitely some quality humour there
Yeah, of course I'm the one who's clueless here, clueless because I'm right? But you're not clueless at all predicting he would win when he didn't? riiiight.. ok then

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote