Support driven by looks? - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Cheering for Sexy and Baldy?

Yes, I drool as i watch... 121 61.42%
No, I cover my eyes... 76 38.58%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #376
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Support driven by looks?

muzzahtard doesn't even watch feli

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #377
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't usually but... I can't lie there are few player who looks too good and I must support for them.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #378
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not supporting any player by looks.
Sounds pretty homo, but Delpo is perfect.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #379
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like you choose who you like based on a selection criteria, it just happens. Game, personality, demeanour, looks... They all come together in a certain way and you have yourself a few favourite players. Likeability is a personal thing and a lot of it is intangible and indefinable. I mean, if you really like a guy overall it's not going to matter that his serve seems a bit mechanical (like Gaudio's), his results are inconsistent (Dolgopolov) or his ears stick out too far (no names).

Safin and Haas are very attractive guys but I was never really a fan of either.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #380
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
Its varies between Fanbases to say the least . Take the top two for example, both sets of fans like their player for completely different reasons.

Federer Fans like Federer for his amazing style of play . His groundstroke’s are fantastic to see, and are just amazingly fluent. He can do so much with them, change pace, wrong foot the opponent etc. He has one of the best service techniques in the last decade. It’s extremely effortless the way he poses for an unreturnable and his general fluent swing. Federer is one of the few players that regularly comes to the net to finish points. He has a beautiful technique, and makes sublime contact with the ball that shows his unreal hand eye coordination. His movement is a joy to watch, as he glides around the court with majesty that has never been seen on the court before. Off the court Roger conducts himself extremely well, he is classy and well interviewed when spoken two often adding in humour to help ease the interviewer’s nerves in his great presence. He has done things like Hit for Haiti and various charity works, which is why his fans like him aswel. Federer can speak 3 different languages, making him more intelligent..He has a family and a beautiful wife, making him the ultimate family man. Roger doesn’t retire or cheat in matches; he is the ultimate sportsman, and the definition of class . These are main the reasons why people become a fan of Roger. I’m straight, but for the teens, he is also a very good looking guy.

As for Nadal...well it’s a completely different story . Nadal doesn’t play tennis that’s nice to watch, he grinds and plays anti tennis..Nadal doesn’t play tennis how it was invented and this has lead to some awful matches recently. Nadal is a coach’s worst nightmare in this regard, so his fans cannot like him for his tennis. Off the court, he stumbles through interviews dresses poorly and in general carries an aura of unhealthyness and a lack of manners. Rafa rarely make jokes or engages with others around him in the media. For this reason Rafa fans don’t like him for his behaviour off the court. Rafa is tanned, and sweats a lot..This appeals to the large teenage fan base that Rafa has accumulated over the years, he has a strong build which young females adore. For this reason the only reason why he is liked is for his looks. On the court Rafa picks his bum, snorts and squeals, and is very rude (another reason why he isn’t liked for behaviour ). It is in this way that the only reason why Nadal fans like him, is for his looks .

So this is the contrast between the fanbases of the top two players. Rafa fans are often younger and insecure (often have poor dress sense and are shy), so they can relate to Nadal in this way (i know its embarrassing). Federer fans are elegant and well spoken, so they can relate to Roger in this way (Federer fans are also good tennis players). It is in this way, that player looks only apply to certain player's fanbases. I can do other summaries for other fanbases aswel if needed. These two are the biggest though.
i laughed so much reading this

feds mate was a decent troll
Old 10-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #381
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Feli doesn't have a one-dimensional game It's just that he spent 90% of his career mugging it up, but when he has good runs, he plays very well. OHB, S&V AND a lefty?
This.
THE SEXIEST LEFTY EVEEERRRRRRRRR
I need to move to spain PRONTO,
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #382
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
It's not like you choose who you like based on a selection criteria, it just happens. Game, personality, demeanour, looks... They all come together in a certain way and you have yourself a few favourite players. Likeability is a personal thing and a lot of it is intangible and indefinable. I mean, if you really like a guy overall it's not going to matter that his serve seems a bit mechanical (like Gaudio's), his results are inconsistent (Dolgopolov) or his ears stick out too far (no names).

Safin and Haas are very attractive guys but I was never really a fan of either.
Pretty much spot-on as far as I'm concerned. Of course, the 'looks' play a part for everyone (I dare anyone who's not female or gay to openly doubt this ), but it's the entire package that decides whether a player becomes one of your favs or not.
It might well explain why there are genuine Adonis'es in my siggie (Berdych! Ferrero!), a bunch of cute doofuses (Fed, Raf, Dolgo), as well as a couple of guys which you might call an 'acquired taste' (Rochus, Karlovic, Davydenko). I love 'em all, though.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #383
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i laughed so much reading this

feds mate was a decent troll
Those were good times in the forums....
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #384
country flag Egreen

Egreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Looks like a serial killer
Egreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #385
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Their are a lot of tasteless people around here.

Andy has beautiful face.

Polishes up nicely

And has the hottest body on tour

Plus, the bounciest donky dick on tour.

Im sorry but i have to ...........
what a way to steal the show , but he does have nice glowy skin