How do you improve your backsping? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
country flag kazerone1

kazerone1 is on a distinguished road
Default How do you improve your backsping?

Having a lot of trouble with this. What is better a light racquet or a heavier racquet?? I just don't get it.
kazerone1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you improve your backsping?

You mean backswing?
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Ha. At first I thought the thread title was 'How do you improve your offspring'.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
You mean backswing?
Or backspin (slice)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Ya mean backspin? Like slicing the ball?

Acceleration of the racket head on the ball is obviously important, along with the timing. Depends on your preference and experience, but I've always found it's easier to do successfully with a lighter racket.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
country flag kazerone1

Sorry. I meant backspin I was using my cell phone to type and it seemingly add the g in. Anyway I used to play and I never felt like I mastered the backspin. @ shambritfan, I do mean slicing the ball. I don't know my friend seemed to be able to make the ball almost look like it arched in mid-air. Like it really sliced the air. I just was curious of any advice. I haven't played in a while, but I always wanted to ask someone this (who was good at it).
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
country flag kazerone1

Also everyone. I'm really new to this site. It actually seems like a more structured forum than other that i'm on. I have a website that I am selling tennis racquets on. It's mostly used things that i've collected throughout the years. I want to post on this site, but where is the best place to do this? I don't want to cause any problems or have any complaints because I seem like a spammer. I could maybe give everyone that comes from menstennisforums.com a 10% discount or something like that. I won't even mention the site here because I don't want to seem like i'm trying to spam or anything. Thanks guys.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazerone1 View Post
Also everyone. I'm really new to this site. It actually seems like a more structured forum than other that i'm on. I have a website that I am selling tennis racquets on. It's mostly used things that i've collected throughout the years. I want to post on this site, but where is the best place to do this? I don't want to cause any problems or have any complaints because I seem like a spammer. I could maybe give everyone that comes from menstennisforums.com a 10% discount or something like that. I won't even mention the site here because I don't want to seem like i'm trying to spam or anything. Thanks guys.
Hm. I think you can link to the site in your signature. Or at least mention the site there and have people check your profile or send you a pm if they're interested in it.

Concerning the backhand slice, I don't know what you're already aware of but the grip should be the eastern backhand grip or the continental. Also the weight should be on the front foot, of course. And like always, the racquet head speed decides the amount of spin the ball will get. I like hitting slices myself but I haven't practiced enough so they don't have much bite to them sadly. But I'm sure you can get better tips if you google around a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote