Post US Open Season 2011 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #241
country flag Alrel

Alrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond reputeAlrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post US Open Season 2011

He was really sad, any one have some encouraging lines to make him feel better?
Alrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #242
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrel View Post
I'm looking forward to his next matches. Loss, disappointment, frustration, etc are just experience he needs to grow up into. Welcome to the big-boy tour.

Anyway, after one year of being a fan, I'm happy seeing him improving gradually although it may not meet with his (young, rushing mind) expectation. He'd better take his time, ignoring peers or pressure to become somebody. Toughen up and learn to tell others who fill his head with negativity to STFU.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #243
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

Highlight were the 3 double faults that led to the rebreak in the 2nd set. Even MacNamara let hang his head down. That makes me worry. I have the feeling that they don't know what to do to turn this around. Roddick was very beatable but grigor was able to make so many UE that he lost this match. This is just a mental problem but what to do? I'm a bit worried, really...
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #244
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh poor kid

please, next time you talk to him, tell him we are still behind and support him . It must have been very frustrating for Grigor, though, much more than we are! Poor kid really cares about that loses. He needs to keep playing, to not gave up next matches, to still think he is good enough to keep with the top players.
Next year will be better than this one, I promise .
Make him promise you he will give his best and fight till the end. That's all we need to see at this stage - that he is fighting. even when results are missing.
I was very very dissapointed when he just gave up and stop playing earlier this summer and felt much better now when saw him fighting till the end, even though this loss was very frustrating.

Sooner or later it will turn arround!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #245
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by larzm View Post
Highlight were the 3 double faults that led to the rebreak in the 2nd set. Even MacNamara let hang his head down. That makes me worry. I have the feeling that they don't know what to do to turn this around. Roddick was very beatable but grigor was able to make so many UE that he lost this match. This is just a mental problem but what to do? I'm a bit worried, really...

I wonder how doeas it feel to be Peter Macnamara these days. not easy, I guess.

I got the feeling he needs someone to encourage him mentaly. PMac is doing a great job with him, but he needs someone else to add into his team. It is not a shot or muscle what he is mssing. It is in his head the problem.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Last edited by nadejda : 10-12-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #246
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I must say that he definitely seemed to be the more talented player with much more variety. His topspin backhand looked great, however, his slice bh was very inconsistent, especially the first set. Great thing to see was that he overcame that weakness and had a chance to pull off the upset. It seemed that he was not willing to take calculated risks and go for his shots when they were there at the end of the second set. You could tell that Roddick was content with keeping the ball in play and waiting for Grigor to commit an unforced error. In the end, Grigor needs to believe that his opponent has no business being on the same court with him, get that first serve in play on the big points, and continue to improve on the return. I can see tremendous progress from earlier this summer - he will get over the hump pretty soon. Now what to do about his shoes...he was sliding all over the place
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #247
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Back from my 2 month ban.
Been followed Grisho and I think he finally plays the way he should have played earlier this year. Only problem is still the weak mental. Some points to defend next week from a ch, but still should finish the year in top 60 imo.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #248
country flag david_williams

david_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
Oh Dear!

Don't know what happened but I guess misunderstandings may occur from someone whose English is not his mother's languge I am sure he didn't mean to offend you. Maybe tried to avoide the paparrazzi
Haha I'm not like blaming him or something, I'm just saying, he caught my friends by surprise. And they were totally not prepared.

Paparazzi, haha, that must be me lol. Unfortunately I missed his actions in Shanghai cuz I'm already in Ecuador now for working purpose...But I'm so gonna see him again next yr in Beijing!!!

Ryan Harrison, Robby Ginepri, Sam Querrey, Tommy Robredo, Ivan Ljubicic, Tomas Berdych, Nicolas Almagro
david_williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #249
country flag david_williams

david_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond reputedavid_williams has a reputation beyond repute

And seriously no one knows if he has a facebook account or a twitter?

Ryan Harrison, Robby Ginepri, Sam Querrey, Tommy Robredo, Ivan Ljubicic, Tomas Berdych, Nicolas Almagro
david_williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #250
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_williams View Post
And seriously no one knows if he has a facebook account or a twitter?
There is a twitter account with no tweets so probably fake. And there is a officially lokking fb account but as I heard it is also fake and btw there are only comments from "him" (or the person who faked the account) once a month or so...
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #251
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

Good to see Grisho playing better recently! In January and February, we were saying it's 50/50 against players ranked lower than 80, and now most people are agreeing that he has good chances against players like Roddick. He's turning into one of those dangerous players that opponents don't want to see in there sections of the draw, and from what i can see, working on the parts of his game that need improving. Maybe 2011 wasn't the break-out year many of us had hoped, but with all the experiences he has had this year, he has a great ATP-level foundation to build on for 2012 for sure.

Hope all you guys are doing well! For me, i am going to sit down and watch some highlights of the Roddick match on youtube on my day off work =D

Mephi x
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #252
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just forget what happened in Shanghai, I am still very confident with Grisho in Stockholm especially Soderling and Monfils withdraw. That's a good chance~ C'mon Grisho!!!!
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #253
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

It's really great chance but officially Monfils hasn't withdrawn.. Only Soderling and Florian Mayer.
No matter, Grisho's chances depends of the draw of course but hope the best!!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #254
country flag nadejda

Grigor plays Ryan Sweeting R1 in Stokholm. Winner of this match will play Chela.
Not a bad draw. I hope he win his match. He has a lot of points to defend.

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #255
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
It's really great chance but officially Monfils hasn't withdrawn.. Only Soderling and Florian Mayer.
No matter, Grisho's chances depends of the draw of course but hope the best!!
It seems I read too many rumor He's the top seed in Stockholm! And Grisho will meet Ryan Sweeting at the first round. Not a easy draw but big chance!!! C'mon Grisho
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote