Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #766
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Stani/Lundgren split, Toni/Rafa speculation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
i think some of you are hinting that nadal was beaten as a child and as a result grew some personal and social abnormalities... some of you guys are sick...
i wouldn't say beaten physically, but it sure looks like uncle tony took him down a controversial psychological path. Also, I am not trying to stir up crap, but rafa's dad sure looks like a hard-nosed man when watching his son.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #767
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
i wouldn't say beaten physically, but it sure looks like uncle tony took him down a controversial psychological path. Also, I am not trying to stir up crap, but rafa's dad sure looks like a hard-nosed man when watching his son.
You can say that again. The way he banged his fist in during the Wimbledon final ... Scary...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #768
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
You can say that again. The way he banged his fist in during the Wimbledon final ... Scary...

i occasionally slam my gloved fist down on my desk, yet i'm cursed with such laid-back charm that i would make nole curl up in envy
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #769
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

The slammed fist is one event that sticks out to me, but I've seen him often enough to say that he gets easily irritable if things don't go his way. He was happy as a clam last year, but he's a completely different man this year for obvious reasons. Seems like a dude that you don't want to get on his bad side.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 AM   #770
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Miguel Angel seems like the most relaxed of the three (actually I read somewhere there is a fourth but I have no clue who it is) Nadal brothers to me. Maybe because he was able to make a name for himself on his own while Toni and Sebastian are living through Rafa, if that makes sense. Miguel Angel was a successful footballer at Barcelona and Mallorca and is now working as the assistant coach for Mallorca--he leads his own life, while his two brothers are heavily involved in Rafa's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #771
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

clay warrior needs a world class fitness expert who specializes in the sport of tennis.

and he needs to hire some aussie greats to help him with the net game and the slice.

will it ever happen? never.

the guy is too stubborn. nadal will do it his way no matter what. its a close knit family and team and he will forever keep it that way.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #772
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post

i occasionally slam my gloved fist down on my desk, yet i'm cursed with such laid-back charm that i would make nole curl up in envy
Yeah, that whole banging his fist thing has been blown way out of proportion. You should see & hear me watching tennis - or any sport -, & my children aren't playing. And I'm north European.

That said, the mixture of anger & disgust on his face was pretty priceless.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #773
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
The slammed fist is one event that sticks out to me, but I've seen him often enough to say that he gets easily irritable if things don't go his way. He was happy as a clam last year, but he's a completely different man this year for obvious reasons. Seems like a dude that you don't want to get on his bad side.
I had this impression of him before, but after reading Nadal's book I'm positive his father is a calm and positive energy in his life. He has very high esteem and regard for his dad, and he speaks of him as the one member in his family that gets things done and finds solutions to Rafa's problems. When Rafa went through his bleakest period after discovering a genetic malformation of his left foot, and was told by the doctors that he would never play pro tennis again, it was his dad who looked up everywhere for a solution and his dad who cheered Rafa up and helped him recover psychologically. It gives me the impression Rafa values his dad's input in his career more than Toni's.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #774
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Henri Leconte coaching Monfils)

Leconte is going to work with Monfils for a few events.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/10186131.cms

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #775
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Nothing unusual about that. Go to any junior-tournament and you see a lot worse behavior than that, that´s what many tennis-parents are like.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #776
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Leconte is going to work with Monfils for a few events.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/10186131.cms
Excellent news.

D. Nalbandian ♦ R. Federer ♦ D. Goffin ♦ M. Youzhny ♦ D. Brown ♦ N. Davydenko ♦ P-H. Herbert

Shirogane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #777
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Excellent news.
you cannot be serious? Leconte is a joke and will turn Monfils who can be clownish on court into a complete joker :roll:
Conservative Media Cooks Up Outlandish Claim That Obama Admin. Is Racially Profiling Gun Owners http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...laim-th/200808 http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...d-on-ev/200756

The Media's Imaginary Coffee Salute Scandal

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...scandal/200863
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #778
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
you cannot be serious? Leconte is a joke and will turn Monfils who can be clownish on court into a complete joker :roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Excellent news.
indeed it is excellent news... leconte was an exquisite shotmaker... he was clownish yellow in colour yes, but a shotmaker first and foremost... monfils is part showman in the making but clown blood runs far too thick in his veins... running 2kms a point for laughs doesn't make anybody giggle and after three consecutive points of self inflicted abuse the people just bow their heads and think 'you poor sick c**t'... especially when monfils can spank a ball with ease... if leconte can transfer just one ounce of shotmaking mojo into monfils style then i think this combo is charlie sheen...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #779
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone on the tour qualify to be mugs and clowns. Nole is a mug, Fed is a clown, Rafa is a joke. Why do we even watch tennis, lol?
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #780
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
indeed it is excellent news... leconte was an exquisite shotmaker... he was clownish yellow in colour yes, but a shotmaker first and foremost... monfils is part showman in the making but clown blood runs far too thick in his veins... running 2kms a point for laughs doesn't make anybody giggle and after three consecutive points of self inflicted abuse the people just bow their heads and think 'you poor sick c**t'... especially when monfils can spank a ball with ease... if leconte can transfer just one ounce of shotmaking mojo into monfils style then i think this combo is charlie sheen...
I don´t know...I liked LEconte, like you said, he was a true shotmaker witn an etertaining character, a nice player to watch. But I feel Monfils might benefit more from someone who has a more workman-like approach to the game. Someone like Gilbert comes to mind. I know it will never happen, but something like that would benefit Le Monf more, i think.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote