Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I will just take the tequila; did I miss a birthday?

Careful Star- I just might ask how old you are I will tell you mine if you tell me yours sort of thing
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post

Careful Star- I just might ask how old you are I will tell you mine if you tell me yours sort of thing
I’ve got you beat!

Currently reading The Making of the Fittest: DNA and the Ultimate Forensic Record of Evolution

Last edited by star : 09-29-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #19
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great! I can only hope my oldest will get a job when he graduates

You might find this interesting- I was asked about what my plans will be in about 4 years when my youngest heads to college. I have been pretty honest with the higher ups in the hospital that I might be gone in 4 years time. They told me that there is a trend in medicine that for every older doc who retires they will have to hire 2 to replace him or her. Seems the younger generation does not want to work as hard. They were lamenting it stating that the work ethic was changing. I laughed and said- wait a minute- maybe they want a life What's so bad about that? My profession are known to be workaholics you know
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Any other wish? Maybe half naked rafa, or something like that? You name it and we get it for your online party.

Quote:

Tequila now I am even old enough to drink in your country so its going to be a blast . Funny how I am allowed to drink in my country for 4 years now, but in the us only since july.

Also funny that I am the only one in this forum who reveals her age.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I have stopped celebrating Birthdays I am over half a century and that's all anyone at the moment needs to know
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
That's great! I can only hope my oldest will get a job when he graduates

You might find this interesting- I was asked about what my plans will be in about 4 years when my youngest heads to college. I have been pretty honest with the higher ups in the hospital that I might be gone in 4 years time. They told me that there is a trend in medicine that for every older doc who retires they will have to hire 2 to replace him or her. Seems the younger generation does not want to work as hard. They were lamenting it stating that the work ethic was changing. I laughed and said- wait a minute- maybe they want a life What's so bad about that? My profession are known to be workaholics you know
Really, they’ve had doctors working so very hard. But it’s difficult when you have patients clamoring for your help. It’s hard not to work. I would be devastated if my doctor here in this small town decided to leave. He does work long hours, and there are so many who depend on him. I think the younger people have ideas about what is due their families too. This guy’s wife is a doctor too, but she works far less than he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Any other wish? Maybe half naked rafa, or something like that? You name it and we get it for your online party.

Tequila now I am even old enough to drink in your country so its going to be a blast . Funny how I am allowed to drink in my country for 4 years now, but in the us only since july.

Also funny that I am the only one in this forum who reveals her age.
Not naked Rafa. He’s too naked these days.

Champagne is really my alcohol of choice. Very dry. Expensive. Well, at least $50 a bottle. I haven’t ever had any of that $300 stuff.

I like margaritas though.

You can drink when you are 17 in Portugal?

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous that they send 18 year olds to war to be killed, but heaven forbid they drink at the same age.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #23
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

we can drink at 16 it's 5 years!
As for the younger doctor generations, I would rather earn half of the thousands of euros that some really rich doctors earn here and have a life. That have way too many money and no time to spend it at all. That is why surgery is in no way a possibility for me.
No life, your job is your life. I cant do that.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #24
country flag arm

i will get you the champagne you deserve, star.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #25
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
we can drink at 16 it's 5 years!
As for the younger doctor generations, I would rather earn half of the thousands of euros that some really rich doctors earn here and have a life. That have way too many money and no time to spend it at all. That is why surgery is in no way a possibility for me.
No life, your job is your life. I cant do that.
One reason I chose my field- Yes I work hard while I am there but the on call is minimal. My hours are 6:30am to 5pm most days but I only work 4 days a week. So I get to spend time with my family- at least when they wanted me too when they were younger And I was lucky enough to have hubby want to stay home and be with them when they needed a parent the most.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Miss you girls here but in order to manage my stress level, I stop coming to MTF

Before I leave for Canada on Wed. night, I still have many things on my schedule
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #27
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Miss you girls here but in order to manage my stress level, I stop coming to MTF

Before I leave for Canada on Wed. night, I still have many things on my schedule
Bye, Lee. Have a safe journey. We will be thinking of you and wishing you and your family well.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #28
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

We are not going anywhere! When everything is calmer and you have the time we will be here.

It's sad times for your family, but it will soon feel much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Bye, Lee. Have a safe journey. We will be thinking of you and wishing you and your family well.
hey you, it's your bday in Portugal already. But it doesn't make sense to celebrate just yet. I'll come back in the afternoon with the party ok?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #29
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

hey you, it's your bday in Portugal already. But it doesn't make sense to celebrate just yet. I'll come back in the afternoon with the party ok?

But you know, I am in Salt Lake City. I came up here to visit a doctor who I actually like and will stay over until Monday.

I saw a good movie last night, Moneyball, but I think you have to understand baseball to like it. We’ll see how the European market takes to it.

Here’s the view from my window. Streaks are on the outsidee of the window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLC window.jpg (48.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SLC window1.jpg (50.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by star : 10-01-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
country flag arm

Happy Birthday stary star

Tonight on this forum everyone is drinking this

and eating this:

Have lots of fun in salt lake city with your doctor. The view looks great. You kno I have a thing for salt lake city, god knows why. And I will check out the movie you mentioned, but I don't know A thing about baseball.

Enjoy your day, you star. Love you
Closed Thread