Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #61
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

look, I like her, it's a nice story. But I think he is being naďve. He is young, famous, plenty of women interested in him. His social life has barely started. His life has barely started! Call me a pessimist but if this thing lasts during his tennis career, when he retires, the world of possibilities out there will be too overwhelming. I have seen this happen, at my own home.

Just want him to be happy! And mistakes are part of life. Its my opinion that if you marry and spend 5 good years together it's all worth it.
I just fear that it wont be for life if it happens this early. But thats life, no need to make a drama out of it!
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #62
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
look, I like her, it's a nice story. But I think he is being naďve. He is young, famous, plenty of women interested in him. His social life has barely started. His life has barely started! Call me a pessimist but if this thing lasts during his tennis career, when he retires, the world of possibilities out there will be too overwhelming. I have seen this happen, at my own home.

Just want him to be happy! And mistakes are part of life. Its my opinion that if you marry and spend 5 good years together it's all worth it.
I just fear that it wont be for life if it happens this early. But thats life, no need to make a drama out of it!
Raquel the Wise
It's common sense though...I've seen it many times.
And have in mind...that Jelena is ambitious girl, nor a Mirka type. I wish them all the happiness in this world, nevertheless

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #63
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by majadancer View Post
Hey there I don't know how come you never heard about this, but Novak DENIED THAT RUMOR HIMSELF to Serbian journalists, while he was in US... Sportski zurnal was the first to publish the statement, and later everyone copied that. Didn't you know? So personaly I don't think this is about anything personal... Maybe he will be nominated for something else considering sport. IF and big if this Aca fellow knows what he is talking about. But this is just my opinion. Btw, this is my first post, so hi everybody
Hi Maja, and welcome. Well, Aca is not a scandal journalist, as you may know...so we'll see what happened during the weekend.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #64
country flag Tennislover23

Tennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond reputeTennislover23 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome!
Tennislover23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #65
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post

The truth is that there is not a perfect time for marriage. I mean, you can marry the first girl you fall in love with and be happy for the rest of your life or you can go from woman to woman to woman and never find true love! (you can also reverse that). I talk from experience. My most meaningful relationship with was the first guy I fell in love with when I was 22. Sadly we broke up after 8 years together and I have been in lots of different relationships since then without never finding true love. So there is really not a good time for a marriage, you should marry if you feel so, if you feel that the girl/boy is going to be the person of your life. And anyway, you can always divorce, no matter at what age you started dating. I know couples who are splitting after they hit 60! That's
They're young but Nole is already 24 (many people have kids at this age!) and Jelena is 27 I believe, so not so young anymore.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #66
country flag majadancer

majadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Yea, only on saturday we'll know what's going on. I forgot to say, that Ana Ivanovic was also asked about that, and her answer was in style, 'if this is thrue, I would surely knew about it'. Now I will try to find an article with Novak's answer, and post it
majadancer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #67
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi everyone
Yea, only on saturday we'll know what's going on. I forgot to say, that Ana Ivanovic was also asked about that, and her answer was in style, 'if this is thrue, I would surely knew about it'. Now I will try to find an article with Novak's answer, and post it
Here are the quotes you're talking about. I read them through google translate at the time but maybe you can translate what he said exactly for the board because things are getting heated in here

Quote:
Najbolji teniser sveta, Srbin Novak Đoković demantovao je da će se u oktobru oženiti dugogodišnjom devojkom Jelenom Ristić na Kosovu, piše "Sportski žurnal".

Đoković nije želeo da potvrdi da li će mu kum zaista biti britanski teniser Endi Marej, kao što je javio "Eurosport", ali je otkrio da svadba još nije zakazana.

"Nema ništa od toga. Svestan sam da mediji moraju da prave senzacije, svašta da pišu, tako da ne obraćam pažnju na sve to. Dokle bih dogurao ako bih demantovao šta sve pričaju i govore o meni", rekao je Novak.

Srpski teniser kaže da neće obaveštavati javnost o tome kada i gde će "stati na ludi kamen".

"Naravno da neću objaviti. Moj privatni život je samo moja stvar i ne želim da ga delim sa bilo kim".

http://www.vesti-online.com/Sport/Te...cu-da-se-zenim
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #68
country flag Alaify

Alaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond repute

Um, I don't have any proof to support my statement,but, Aca did post a tweet which was deleted in less than a min which read " No, Novak Djokovic is not going to be married this weekend"

I was just going to retweet that before it was wiped out. As I said, No evidence. Was not hallucinating either.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #69
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

How did Nole get to know Jelena? Schoolmates?

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #70
country flag majadancer

majadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond reputemajadancer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Here are the quotes you're talking about. I read them through google translate at the time but maybe you can translate what he said exactly for the board because things are getting heated in here
Of course, here's the translation:

The best tennis player in the world, Serb Novak Djokovic denied that he will be marrying his long time girlfriend, Jelena Ristic in October in Kosovo, writes Sportski Zurnal.

Djokovic didn't want to confirm weather or not his best men will be british tennis player Andy Murray, as first reported by eurosport, but he revealed that the wedding is not scheduled yet.

"Nothing of that is going to happen.I realize that the media has to make sensations, to write everything, so I don't pay any attention to that. Where would I be today if I was denying everything that has been talking and saying about me", Novak said.

Serbian tennis player says he wont be noticing the public about where and when he'll be marrying.

"Of course I wont publish that. My private life is only my bussines and I don't want to share it with anybody".

I hope I helped
majadancer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #71
country flag Alaify

Alaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica_pica View Post
How did Nole get to know Jelena? Schoolmates?
I think they met at a common friend's place. Or was it at a party????
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #72

Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaify View Post
Um, I don't have any proof to support my statement,but, Aca did post a tweet which was deleted in less than a min which read " No, Novak Djokovic is not going to be married this weekend"

I was just going to retweet that before it was wiped out. As I said, No evidence. Was not hallucinating either.
Interesting, really curious what this thing on Saturday is about, whatever it is. Didn't delete either of his original tweets so there must be something happening. "One of the most important days in his life" is a very strange description for something that isn't marriage or baby etc. so I'm at a loss as to what the hell Aca's talking about Unless he's getting some really special award in Serbia by the church(though that's already been done ) or government or something random like that...I've no idea

Quote:
Of course, here's the translation:

The best tennis player in the world, Serb Novak Djokovic denied that he will be marrying his long time girlfriend, Jelena Ristic in October in Kosovo, writes Sportski Zurnal.

Djokovic didn't want to confirm weather or not his best men will be british tennis player Andy Murray, as first reported by eurosport, but he revealed that the wedding is not scheduled yet.

"Nothing of that is going to happen.I realize that the media has to make sensations, to write everything, so I don't pay any attention to that. Where would I be today if I was denying everything that has been talking and saying about me", Novak said.

Serbian tennis player says he wont be noticing the public about where and when he'll be marrying.

"Of course I wont publish that. My private life is only my bussines and I don't want to share it with anybody".

I hope I helped
Thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

If it's for wedding, why would Nole leave Serbia where the whole family and his/her friends live? Where would he like to hold the ceremony then? In Monaco? Maybe it's just an engagement ceremony?

Anyway, what kinds of changes would the wedding cause in his life? Psychologically? Hmmm, they have been living together, they have known each family members so well and met them very often. It's not like they have to move to Belgrade or something like those dramatic changes will be accompanied. (I admit that I have no clue about Serbian custom.) Unless they are going to have a baby, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future, why it should be considered as a bad move? Probably, timing-wise this fall may not be the best for him though.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #74
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
The truth is that there is not a perfect time for marriage. I mean, you can marry the first girl you fall in love with and be happy for the rest of your life or you can go from woman to woman to woman and never find true love! (you can also reverse that). I talk from experience. My most meaningful relationship with was the first guy I fell in love with when I was 22. Sadly we broke up after 8 years together and I have been in lots of different relationships since then without never finding true love. So there is really not a good time for a marriage, you should marry if you feel so, if you feel that the girl/boy is going to be the person of your life. And anyway, you can always divorce, no matter at what age you started dating. I know couples who are splitting after they hit 60! That's
They're young but Nole is already 24 (many people have kids at this age!) and Jelena is 27 I believe, so not so young anymore.
T_T I love you, you always understand me!

Jelena's 27? I thought I read somewhere that she was 24, like him, Idk, what we know about her is very little, but I think that knowing how strongly she supports Nole through thick & thin should be enough for now I just wish the best for both of them on whatever they decide! I want to see Nole happy, that's all I care

Every time I read that statement about Andy being the best man I just go all cut it out with that, please media, tabloids e.e Andy denied it!

Although, you know, if she were actually 27 that'd give me some hope #OhYeahRight

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
If it's for wedding, why would Nole leave Serbia where the whole family and his/her friends live? Where would he like to hold the ceremony then? In Monaco? Maybe it's just an engagement ceremony?

Anyway, what kinds of changes would the wedding cause in his life? Psychologically? Hmmm, they have been living together, they have known each family members so well and met them very often. It's not like they have to move to Belgrade or something like those dramatic changes will be accompanied. (I admit that I have no clue about Serbian custom.) Unless they are going to have a baby, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future, why it should be considered as a bad move? Probably, timing-wise this fall may not be the best for him though.
I could be wrong but as today is Thursday, I read the tweet as, next Thursday and he would be in Belgrade over the weekend. It's strange not to say "today" instead of Thursday when you're already on the actual day
I agree with you btw. I don't see how it would make an iota of a difference to his career tbh. There's not exactly any life style change involved. They've already been living together since 08, so there would be no moving in together for the first time aspect or as you say,even moving somewhere different. He won't be leaving MC while his career is still going due to privacy reasons. She's been to loads of tournaments, not been to others so they've more or less encountered every situation like that over the past 6 years. The only thing that would really bring about a "lifestyle change" would be a baby( which I doubt is going to happen anytime soon ) Sure, they could always break up, but I don't see how the possible "marriage years" themselves would affect his career. Anyway it's still highly unlikely this would actually be happening at the weekend.

Just had a thought. I wonder if it possibly has anything to do with his acting plans that were talked about after USO

Oh and pretty sure Jelena is just a year older than him btw, 17th June 1986. This article has all the dates including his parents and half his team so I presume it's right

http://sportservis.name/wsw/index.php?p=90&ni=24051
(Scroll down under each picture for the various dates)