Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #661
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing of the Guard: Player/Coach Changes (Nadal/Uncle Toni splitting yeah righ

The Daily Express is a newspaper well versed in the art of making up complete bollocks and then printing it. That does not mean this story is not true. People should be wary however.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #662
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing of the Guard: Player/Coach Changes (Nadal/Uncle Toni splitting yeah righ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
They won't split at all.
Well, they are family, they can't easily split Maybe Rafa could use two coaches if Toni doesn't have enough time, somebody call Todd Martin
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #663
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Well, they are family, they can't easily split Maybe Rafa could use two coaches if Toni doesn't have enough time, somebody call Todd Martin
Can divorce family these days.

But I see a whole lot of nothing with this.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #664
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
But I see a whole lot of nothing with this.
Yup, probably. How much any new coach can change in someone's game, after he's been pro for a decade anyway?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #665
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

i think rafa would evolve as a person if he dumped toni, so i hope this happens.
tennisfan856 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #666
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

talking the latest happening regarding tennis's greatest partnership ever in an age old irrelevant thread, somewhat makes you feel stupid......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #667
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal considering sacking uncle Toni after his USO loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlaja777 View Post
The most successful partnership in tennis could be on the verge of breaking up, after Rafa Nadal hinted he may call time on his association with his coach and uncle Toni Nadal.

The world No2 was beaten by Novak Djokovic in the US Open final six days ago and is said to be anxiously contemplating a life- changing decision.

Nadal, 25, has won ten Grand Slam titles in harness with Toni, but there are suggestions he is ready to move his career on without him.

Nadal first lost his world No1 ranking to Djokovic, then his Wimbledon title, and now the US crown. The Serb has also defeated Nadal in their last six meetings this year, and insiders are now suggesting that Nadal no longer knows how to beat the undisputed world No1.

Nadal himself admits that it is becoming increasing difficult for family man Toni to continue to have authority over him as a player and a person, and also that his uncle is finding the constant travelling a problem.

Now it appears for the first time he is beginning to rebel against the influence of uncle Toni, a man who has been constantly by his side for 15 years, since Rafa was just ten. And after his recent run of losses, Nadal may feel he has to overhaul his game plan for beating Djokovic.

He has hit the wall in terms of tactics and movement, and somebody with fresh ideas and a different game strategy may now be brought into his camp.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/272024

A bit surprising, no?

I am not sure about this... hm.. strange if Novak has broken up Rafa's family like this.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #668
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

full o' bs
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #669
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

I think Xisca is causing a rift. /end conspiracy

TBH Rafa's game has stopped evolving. Maybe hire an additional consultant and keep Toni than signing up to answer difficult questions in every interview for a very long time.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #670
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wawrinka splits from his coach Peter Lundgren

Announcement on Stan's facebook:

I need to let my fans know Peter Lundgren and I won't be working together anymore. He played a major role in my career and I am deeply grateful. We have had a lot of success and fun working together, I can't thank him enough.

Stan
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #671
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wawrinka splits from his coach Peter Lundgren

maybe Roger will hire Lundgren again
Conservative Media Cooks Up Outlandish Claim That Obama Admin. Is Racially Profiling Gun Owners http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...laim-th/200808 http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...d-on-ev/200756

The Media's Imaginary Coffee Salute Scandal

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...scandal/200863
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #672
country flag Farenhajt

Farenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond repute

Lundgren now returns to the tour, and Wawrinka takes up coaching Murray.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #673
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

im glad it's over, the tactical changes they were doing was just not working out.
tennisfan856 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #674
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #675
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka played his best tennis with Lundgren as Coach.

A0 2011 and USO 2010 were great.
His wins over Murray, Querrey, Monfils and Roddick were great.
He played Top 5 tennis in those matches, you could see all his potential on hard court.
His Chennai win 2011 (Jan.) was under Lundgren as well.

But then, the rest of 2011 was very disappointing.
Stan played very passive in his matches at Wimbledon and USO.

Lundgren is a great coach and you could see changes in Wawrinkas games after weeks (!). But those changes were just for a short time.
Now you can see that those were not the right decisions for Wawrinka.
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012, Montpellier 2013 & Barcelona 2014
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote