It's not too much to ask the mind & body to work at the same time is it? HC Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #121
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

I'm afraid to say anything. He's already exceeded my expectations. He wasn't supposed to get past the first round. Now he's into the quarterfinals of a grand slam again, after such a lousy year suffering with low confidence and injuries, and he took out a legit top tenner. It's for these moments that we can't completely quit him.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #122
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

Great win. Didn't get to see much but the recovery in the 4th and the lack of hesitation serving for it was great to see. Hopefully he's feeling good against Rafa and just does his best.

The whole court thing was absolutely epic. gotta love him

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #123
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
.... gotta love him
THis.

single reason we are collectively still all around.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #124
country flag starr_00

starr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing I'm worried about is that Andy looked like he was going to fall over in die during the 4th set yesterday. In his post-match intv on court - he said 'I was really hurtin' at the end there' and he was ghost white and sweating profusely. Wonder what was wrong and if whatever that was will affect him today. Hope he's not too fatigued.

ETA: LOL. Gotta love him is right:
http://guyism.com/sports/reporter-to...-intesely.html

Last edited by starr_00 : 09-09-2011 at 01:46 PM.
starr_00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #125
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
That smiley should be the Roddick forum mascot, it represents so well the frustrating life (and sometimes exhilaration) of being a Roddick fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr_00 View Post
The biggest thing I'm worried about is that Andy looked like he was going to fall over in die during the 4th set yesterday. In his post-match intv on court - he said 'I was really hurtin' at the end there' and he was ghost white and sweating profusely. Wonder what was wrong and if whatever that was will affect him today. Hope he's not too fatigued.
I missed that part, but now I'm worried because when PMac interviewed him later that day his voice sounded very strange, almost like he had a cold coming on or something. I sure hope not.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 09-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #126
country flag starr_00

starr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I missed that part, but now I'm worried because when PMac interviewed him later that day his voice sounded very strange, almost like he had a cold coming on or something. I sure hope not.
Interesting... and yikes. I didn't see the interview with PMac, but I watch his post match press conference and totally thought his voice sounded strange too! I hope he's okay :/
starr_00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #127
Last dance, Andy

Nobody thought Andy would get this far in the draw so I'm happy with what he's done here. Beating Nadal is a tall order for anybody not named Djokovic.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #128
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm extremely happy with the QF run also. Nadal was too good today. Andy was knackered, needs some well earned rest now.

Target - only lose to players ranked 4 and above from now. You can do it Andy! You proved it this US Open

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #129
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder if something carried with him from the ferrer match. i mean, yeah, it'd be a tall order for andy to beat nadal, but the scoreline doesn't seem like it got very competitive, especially the first two sets. looking at the stats, his first serve wasn't really there and that he kept up with his net rushes/approaches that i saw in the opening game. but, yeah, the silver lining and all with the qf and it being nadal, after all.

eta: i just read his interview. pretty much what i figured, and understandable.

Last edited by tsurupettan : 09-09-2011 at 11:30 PM.
tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #130
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

They commented yesterday that he pulled up late in his match. Guess so. Sigh. His body just can't hold up anymore.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #131
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's not too much to ask the mind & body to work at the same time is it? HC Threa

true, true. for some reason i didn't think he was running that, that low on his reserves, to where he really was basically running on empty. i knew he was hurting in that fourth with ferrer, but negl, i was a bit surprised when i read what he said. i figured he'd have something left for nadal (which maybe he had a tiny bit to try for the crowd, considering the third set was a bit more competitive than the first two), but yeah, his body can't hold up as good as in the past.

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #132
country flag Deboogle!.

Default Re: It's not too much to ask the mind & body to work at the same time is it? HC Threa

Well, it seems like the bigger problem is that because he had to take it easy most of the summer, his endurance was just not what it normally was. Darren Cahill put it succinctly on twitter "You can't pack 4 months of work into 4 weeks. Andy tried bravely to do it & made a good run, but his body took issue."

Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #133
Last dance, Andy

I didn't know Andy's leg was injured. I guess that explains why he wasn't running down many balls. I thought maybe he was just exhausted.

Killer Cahill

Andy put in a great effort to get the QFs and I'm quite happy and proud of him for that, so I'm not feeling too badly about the loss to Nadal. I hope Andy isn't either. I don't want him to lose what little confidence he had gained back this week.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #134
country flag Deboogle!.

Andy's effort put him back up to #14. If only he could have a good fall.....

Old 09-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #135
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

The big thing is, can he stay healthy. He said after Nadal match that he is going to play 4 tournaments (2 weeks in Asia, 2 weeks in Europe). It is not much, but if he does not ge injured, it is possible for him to make 2 good results (or 3) - that can put him back in top 10. There is always hope

Another Masters Cup appearance is too much, not possible.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote