Grigor on the American hardcourts. - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #571
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on the American hardcourts.

WTF??? :-DDDDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbALVTsxqDQ
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #572
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by larzm View Post
Yeah, that was totally akward Grisho scared Monfils with that

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #573
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
eh Grigor lost not a surprise
I didn't watch it cause it started at 2 am here, but can someone makes a short summary how it went? I've read the report at the USO web site and it is kinda humiliating for both Gael and Grigor Was the match so bad?
It was an OK match, not as good as the one vs Tsonga. However, this match (and a couple of previous ones where he's lost very tight match) showed that Grigor improved in fighting, not giving up easily.

It was error-fest from both players with some flashy points (from both Grigor and Gael). His serves, BH & volleys were better from his previous matches but again not to the level that we know he can be.

With Gael on the other side of the net, Grigor looked slow by 1/2 step.

Just my thought. Comments are welcomed.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #574
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Shame he lost, I couldn't stay awake. I expected it though. I think these tighter matches are a reasonably positive sign. Haha that net exchange was hilarious!

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #575
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He is so cute
I only watched the first set, and i was disappointed that he lost it...next time will be better, I hope so
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #576
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the loss, I really enjoyed the match. Some exciting rallies and amazing shot-making from both players. I think a lot of people expected Monfils to steamroll over Grigor but that wasn't the case and the sets were very competitive. Monfils was just more experienced in the big points and was able to up his game at the right moments. Grigor squandered opportunities to win the 1st set and hold his lead in the 2nd and it was an uphill battle from there.

Positives:
  • His backhand was great last night and really opened up the court. He hit some great backhands down the line
  • His 2nd serve has a real kick that stopped Monfils attacking it too much.
  • His speed around the back of the court was excellent and he showed what a great athlete he is.

Negatives
  • His forehand let him down big time and most of his errors came from that wing
  • He lost focus in the second set and his game went to pieces for a few games.
  • He often got himself into a winning position only to miss the easy put-away. When you're playing the top players, you have to take these chances.

I really hope he learns from this match because it's clear he has the game to trouble the top guys, he just needs to stay focused and keep his level up for the whole match.
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #577
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted links to the highlights in the video thread for anyone that is interested.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #578
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

[8] E Butorac (USA) / J Rojer (AHO) d G Dimitrov (BUL) / D Tursunov (RUS) 67(3) 62 60
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #579
country flag larzm

Tursunov also lost his first round match in singles... he was up 2 sets to love and made ZERO points in the final TB... :-/
S Darcis (BEL) d D Tursunov (RUS) 67(4) 46 75 61 76(0)

Grigor should hang around with somebody else... ;-DDDDD
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #580
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
[8] E Butorac (USA) / J Rojer (AHO) d G Dimitrov (BUL) / D Tursunov (RUS) 67(3) 62 60
Disappointing but not unexpected especially after Tursunov's epic match the other night. It's probably better he goes back to France now for a bit of a break and work on his game.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #581
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Grigor should hang around with somebody else... ;-DDDDD
What can he do? Gael isn't interested.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #582
country flag larzm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
What can he do? Gael isn't interested.
:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD