Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #106
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My tennis career. Over before it begins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
How much are we talking about here roughly?
Maybe bad gambler is going to invest in you
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #107
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I wish you all the best with that project.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
your transfering to FAU? Juan Bolona who was playing here at Clemson recently went to the UCF team.

you could try to get the team manager job at FAU. You could help out the team and get paid as well as getting a foot into the door in the world of tennis management. Plus you would be allowed to play with the team sometimes as well.
Now this is a good idea, thanks for it, Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Jon!
Thank you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
give tennis lessons for a boost in cash. I do it for the summer and then stop in winter. You have the luxury of doing it all year round.
This is a possibility. I gotta make it work timewise though. I am taking 3 classes as well this semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Jon

Work as a tennis instructor to pay your coach! that way you can do what you love and get paid for it
It could happen, Nat, I am currently exploring all possible options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
How much are we talking about here roughly?
Roughly $500-$1000 per month I am short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Shame that you might have to hang up your rackets. Best of luck to you and I hope you get the money issues sorted out.

Having said that, don't be too upset if you "have to" start working a "normal" job. Honestly I think that pro sports is a very difficult field to make a decent living especially considering that careers tend to be quite short and many pros are left with very little career opportunities after their active careers are over. Working hard at a normal job will get you promoted eventually and combine that with smart investment decisions, you can be very well off later in life .

I very much hope you make it, I'm just saying that the alternative isn't really that bad .
Well thank you for the other side of the story, Lopez, if I do have to end up giving up the dream, I'll survive. It is the starving kids in Africa who have the real problems. Really gives me perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
This. Great post.

Money issues are annoying but happen to everyone, just keep your head up and work just as hard and maybe you'll catch a break. And if it doesn't work out, you can always try and stay involved in the sport, maybe through coaching or writing about it... god knows we need more tennis journalists that know what they're talking about
My plan is to play for 10 years and then coach and/or commentate and/or write about tennis. This game is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i have seen jonathan hit. he has sound mechanics.

could be a great tennis instructor at a high school level.
It could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
This is sad news, dude. Anyway, money doesn't make you happy. Believe me. It's your relationships to women which makes you happy. However, you need to continue to fight.
Thanks Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Maybe bad gambler is going to invest in you
Now that would make my fucking year!

I have talked to my coach, the last thing he wants to see is me ending it. He is a tough Romanian guy who has suffered all kinds of shit in his life, and I could see the tears welling up in his eyes as he spoke to me this morning, mate. He wants to do all he can to make this work.

Thank you for the support, everyone.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #108
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

you will always have full support of the castle jonathan. we will always wish you the very best mate.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #109
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Man (for the moment), your career is not over. With some surgery, you can make some damage in WTA.

Just kidding, don't give up.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #110
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

I think it´s time to bow out indeed mate. Do it with class and become a non-regular schmuck.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #111
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

SOMEONE HAND ME A KLEENEX! I'M WELLiNG UP!

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #112
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
you will always have full support of the castle jonathan. we will always wish you the very best mate.
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
Man (for the moment), your career is not over. With some surgery, you can make some damage in WTA.

Just kidding, don't give up.
Thanks for the laugh, and giving up is not gonna happen until all resources have been exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I think it´s time to bow out indeed mate. Do it with class and become a non-regular schmuck.
Well, not yet, Jose. But if it indeed comes to that, I will do it with class and be a high class schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
SOMEONE HAND ME A KLEENEX! I'M WELLiNG UP!
Were you not the same poster who posted your story on NT about your sister and her lazy ass boyfriend? To which everyone sympathized with you?

And now you are taking shots? Come on now.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #113
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
My plan is to play for 10 years and then coach and/or commentate and/or write about tennis. This game is my life!
That to was my goal until i realised that my Kournikova serve wasn't going to cut it on the futures circuit So I shifted my focus onto journalism and hopefully one day I'll land a position in which I get paid to watch this game...

It's always important to have a fallback option just in case as well...

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #114
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

affirmative. also always pays to have that college degree or 2 as well. its something that can never be taken away from you.

college education also enriches you in so many ways.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #115
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

sad news I am very sorry.
But think, there must be a way: take a part time job, look for sponsors. I don't know how these things work, but I know it took courage to take that decision and you shouldn't give up now. Good luck!
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #116
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

One way to make a lot of money is to become a "massage" "therapist". You could work only 2 days a week, training the other days. It would be nice if your story had a happy end.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #117
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, you're okay. I've thought about going pro every once and a while when I play really well but never make the commitment. Congrats on your for trying What country do you represent and do you have an ITF player page?

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #118
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

before I could even give you an opinion on this.

How much ish are you currently paying your coach and what are his credentials and the best player he's coached.

HOw much have you actually improved and what is the best player you have played recently

why didn't you go for a college tennis scholarship if you genuinely think you are good enough for the atp

I wouldn't knock anyones dreams but if your family is giving you money to pay for this you need to be able to make a living out of this. You have to be pretty good in pro tennis to earn a decent living.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #119
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you don't have enough money. I know that feeling, it isn't very happy. But at least now you can focus on a more realistic goal, like tennis managing or something

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #120
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it works out for you and you're able to pursue your dream. Having no money sucks

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote