US Open Series - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #181
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open Series

I think it is. Maybe not necessarily from the physical point of view, but having the New Haven week completely off and being able to travel there early and have a whole week to get used to everything would have been a massive help, especially with Clement being such a tough opponent as we know now.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #182
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's true I guess, but the fact that he lost in R1 despite having Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to rest shows how his fitness is...

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #183
country flag Y.S.

Y.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos seems to have decided to play every week until New York:

July 25-31, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
August 1-7, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
August 8-14, Toronto, Canada
August 15-21, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
August 22-28, Winston-Salem Open, U.S.A.
August 29-September 11, New York, New York, U.S.A.
Y.S. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 AM   #184
country flag Y.S.

Y.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond reputeY.S. has a reputation beyond repute

He has to defend 680 points from last year:

Washington: 300 pts
Toronto: 10 pts
Cincinnati: 360 pts
US Open: 10 pts
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #185
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

he just started vs. Lu

pame Marco
Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #186
country flag Y.S.

3-6, 4-6 against Lu. He did not even have any break point chances in the entire match. Very bad performance. i hope that he can find some form soon. Go Baggy!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #187
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awful
He has so much to defend and if he keeps playing crappy, he'll fall out of the top 75

Doubles R1: Baghdatis/Russell d. Semenzato/Torres 6-0 7-6

And good that he's playing every week. He needs all the points he can get
And he won't feel obliged to play Winston-Salem like New Haven last year. So if he does well and plays a lot, then he can just withdraw from Winston-Salem

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #188
Ivanatis

Devvarman tonight
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #189
country flag zombo10

zombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

Melzer and Malisse out! Marcos can really reach at least the Final this year again!

Beat Devvarman today and come on !!! Very important tournament for his ranking!

Last edited by zombo10 : 08-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
zombo10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #190
Ivanatis

6 sets on one day, including a bagel Indian-style, but he's through to the quarters and will face Donald Young tonight

pame
Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #191
country flag zombo10

zombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond reputezombo10 has a reputation beyond repute

from Marcos' official site: http://baghdatis.com/articles/view/m...ach-quarters-1

Maximum Effort To Reach Quarters

Marcos was forced to call on all his fighting qualities and high levels of fitness Thursday to earn his place in the quarter-finals of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic. After rain had allowed him just one game on Wednesday evening, he returned to record two three-set victories in hot conditions in Washington D.C., to reach the last eight.

"I'm really happy to get through two matches in one day,” said Marcos. “It's nice to know all the hard physical work I've been doing has been worthwhile."

First up was Somdev Devvarman in the second round. Marcos was looking to make amends for the defeat he suffered to Devvarman in Indian Wells this season, and made the perfect start to their third meeting as he quickly clinched the opening set with two breaks of serve. However, India’s Devvarman struck back strongly in the second set and reeled off six straight games to level the match.

Marcos did well to halt Devvarman’s growing momentum and looked to have made the decisive break in the match when he went up 4-3 in the final set. Serving for the match in the 10th game, though, Marcos was challenged again by the No. 65-ranked Devvarman, who broke back to draw level. Undeterred, Marcos immediately regained his advantage and, at the second time of asking, served out the 6-2, 0-6, 7-5 victory in just over two hours.

After a couple of hours rest, Marcos then returned to court to face Brazil’s Thomaz Bellucci, who had beaten Tommy Haas in three sets in the second round earlier in the day. World No. 36 Bellucci made the better start to the match, converting one of his two break points to take the opening set.

Strong serving from Marcos gave him the foundation to recover, though. Overall he hit won 83 per cent of points behind his first serve, including 15 aces, and lost only 12 more points on serve in the second and third sets. He broke Bellucci once in the second set, and three times more in the third as he claimed the 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in one hour and 38 minutes.

Through to his fourth ATP World Tour quarter-final of the season, Marcos will face American Donald Young on Friday. It will be their first meeting after World No. 128 Young defeated countryman Michael Russell 6-3, 6-3.

“I expect a tough match tomorrow,” said Marcos. “Young has nothing to lose and will be the crowd favourite, but I fought really hard today and am going to do the same tomorrow.”

The match is scheduled to take place on Stadium court Friday, beginning not before 5:00pm local time (9pm GMT, midnight Cyprus).

Stay tuned to www.baghdatis.com for all the latest news.

Go, Marcos!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #192
country flag zombo10

Marcos Baghdatis talks with the press after defeating Thomaz Bellucci 3-6, 6-3, 6-2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BcZsM1XMM
Old 08-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #193
Ivanatis

pretty bad loss

first up in Canada is Isner
Old 08-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #194
Ivanatis

Federer(3) vs. Bye
Del Potro vs. Seppi
Baghdatis vs. Blake
Fognini vs. Troicki(14)

plays tonight
Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #195
Ivanatis

bye
Sweeting
Tursunov
Isner
Roddick
Melzer
title