David limping through Cincy. - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #226
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David limping through Cincy.

Iramlatif and Ariel,

I agree with both of you! David's tenacity and refusal to give up are the things I like about him, too. (He's cute and nice, too!)
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #227
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
I know JCF and his gf were in the stands, and so was David's coach and gf (I loved the dress she wore). But there was another lady and with 2 kids(does anyone know they are-just curious?!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
Could be Javi Piles' wife and their kids?????
It was his coach, wife and kids I went to Applebees the night before his match and saw his coach there with his family. I glanced around and saw them and I was thinking "Why does this guy look so familiar...oh! It's David's coach! His kids are cute!"

About ten minutes after they left, Javi came back in because he'd left his cell phone at the booth

verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #228
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I took a video to see their reactions when David won the first set, I can't tell who looks more bored, Juan Carlos or Javi's daughter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pirates...7627473271716/
verdasco

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #229
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declinerer View Post
I took a video to see their reactions when David won the first set, I can't tell who looks more bored, Juan Carlos or Javi's daughter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pirates...7627473271716/
thanks for the video. Javi's son is really cute. I didn't realize he'd have such young kids...(he doesn't look particularly young??!) And him forgetting his cell is funny. Both wags are so pretty...I guess I'm a lil bias towards David and would give the edge to his girl. I hope u had a good time at the event.
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #230
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

verdasco

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #231
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, very cool video, thanks for posting

I didn´t know either that Javi has such young kids, but they look very cute

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #232
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just knew someone on this forum would produce the family/friends box pictures.

Thank you very much Declinerer. How did you hold your nerve at Applebees? I would have had the urge to go up and say hello or something.

When David won the second? set, Juan Carlos didn't have any reaction. He just sat there with his shades on. At least David's girlfriend applauded.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #233
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Great videos!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #234
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
I just knew someone on this forum would produce the family/friends box pictures.

Thank you very much Declinerer. How did you hold your nerve at Applebees? I would have had the urge to go up and say hello or something.

When David won the second? set, Juan Carlos didn't have any reaction. He just sat there with his shades on. At least David's girlfriend applauded.
I think it was mostly because I didn't realize who it was until they were just getting ready to leave--I thought about waving, but I was a bit shy. Actually, my friend and I were more concerned about the fact that were we jokingly making fun of Andy Roddick (they were airing his match on TV) only to find out the Bryan brothers were sitting right behind us and probably heard everything we said

And Juan Carlos is a horrible cheerleader, I saw both of David's matches and I think he clapped maybe once in both matches combined
verdasco

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #235
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declinerer View Post
I think it was mostly because I didn't realize who it was until they were just getting ready to leave--I thought about waving, but I was a bit shy. Actually, my friend and I were more concerned about the fact that were we jokingly making fun of Andy Roddick (they were airing his match on TV) only to find out the Bryan brothers were sitting right behind us and probably heard everything we said

And Juan Carlos is a horrible cheerleader, I saw both of David's matches and I think he clapped maybe once in both matches combined
Who knew Applebees of all places was a hang-out for tennis stars to come?! Lucky you got to dine in the same room with those people.

When you were watching David's match against Simon, did you hear or see David get ansy/frustrated? I saw all your pics on ur flicker account, they're awesome. Thanks for taking so many pics of all the players.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 AM   #236
country flag Edda

Declinerer,

How exciting that you met Javi! I'd love to go to a tennis event someday and meet some of my favorite players. I wonder why Juanqui was so quiet? I know he and Ferru are best friends.

I am so excited that David is Number Five in the rankings! Two Spaniards in the top five! Wow, and two of my favorite players, too!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #237
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
When you were watching David's match against Simon, did you hear or see David get ansy/frustrated? I saw all your pics on ur flicker account, they're awesome. Thanks for taking so many pics of all the players.
You're welcome

David was yelling quite a few obscenities in Spanish--a lot of "joders" "putas" and "cońos" plus some other phrases that my Spanish isn't good enough to understand. I don't think he smashed his racquet--maybe once, but I think it was only when he got to his chair. He was really annoyed with himself though and , even thought a lot of the crowd was really pulling for him It was so tense to watch the last game, his girlfriend looked so nervous.

On a sidenote, it was funny during Feli and Juan Carlos' match, Fernando just finished his match on Center Court and they were doing the interview and Grandstand is attached to Center, so you can hear everything, and while Fer was doing his post-match interview, Feli was about to serve and he yelled "Cierra la boca! Dejar de hablar, joder!" telling him to shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edda View Post
How exciting that you met Javi! I'd love to go to a tennis event someday and meet some of my favorite players. I wonder why Juanqui was so quiet? I know he and Ferru are best friends.
I technically didn't meet him--just saw him at dinner, but he was a foot away from me when he walked past my booth! I wish David had been there, but maybe he took Marta out for a nice dinner at a fancier restaurant Juan Carlos is a boring cheerleader, but maybe he took David out for drinks that night
verdasco

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #238
country flag Edda

Maybe Juan Carlos didn't want to make David nervous with too much yelling. I know I'd get nervous if someone in the stands yelled too much.

I heard Fernando Verdasco spat on court following his loss to Rafa. I don't particularly like Verdasco and I like him even less now.

Somehow, the Spanish word "joder" doesn't sound as crass as its English equivalent. (Oh, my! I now know swear words in Spanish! Tennis is corrupting my mind! LOL!)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #239
country flag iramlatif

i didn't realize some of these guys have potty mouths! and there are children watching and looking up to them!! (sorry to be so parent-minded, but cursing-even if you're a hot guy- isn't admirable) Rafa and Roger NEVER cuss. *I just there is no bad blood btwn Feli and Fer...they're such great partners.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #240
country flag Edda

I agree. I have never heard Rafa curse. He sometimes gets a little angry with himself, and makes an "oh, oh" face, but that's it. I think Roger got mad enough to curse once, during the U.S. Open final with Del Potro.

Fernando Verdasco spit on court after losing to Rafa, very unsportsmanlike behavior. Feli dropped the "J-bomb" on one occasion, too.

I wonder if Juan Carlos has ever talked to Ferru about his cursing on court? Juanqui seems like a quiet sort and I have never heard him curse, at least not during a match in a major tournament.