NATO's War Against Libya - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Attack on Libya

My county participates, I approve it 2 20.00%
My county participates, I don't approve it 4 40.00%
My county doesn't participate, I approve it 3 30.00%
My county doesn't participate, I don't approve it 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NATO's War Against Libya

Really interesting to see how many compassionate MTFers are not interested in terrorist bombing abroad even if their governments are involved.

Don't they care?!? Or they approve killing innocent people in other countries if it is verified by indisputable noble political causes ("human rights", "democracy") of NATO governments?

C ya.
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #17
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't ever assume that because one doesn't vote that I do not care. I need a vote that states" I am not interested in this thread because it is biased and states the facts wrongly" choice.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

zeleni really does seem incapable of seeing a difference between ''interest in global affairs'' and ''interest in a zeleni thread''. The two are probably mutually exclusive anyway.

Add to that the fact that nobody understands the wording of the voting choices and you have a thread of EPIC FAIL.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
zeleni, how hard is it to understand there is no war against the nation of Libya. It is a Libyan civil war between Gaddafi´s troops and the opposition, with NATO supporting the opposition against a dictator who has ignored human rights for over 40 years, and killing his own people. I´m not saying I´m necessarily a big fan of everything the NATO has been a part of, but get your facts straight before you start a rant like this. And you voted "I approve" yourself?
I don't believe that for a second. NATO's wars are motivated by self interest alone. The official justification is probably as as the explanation for the invasion of Iraq. What makes you think NATO cares about the well-being of libyans? Nothing suggests they are driven by philanthropy. Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Don't ever assume that because one doesn't vote that I do not care. I need a vote that states" I am not interested in this thread because it is biased and states the facts wrongly" choice.
Are you proud your government is bombing another country for protection of civilians, human rights, democracy, freedom,...
Old 07-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #21
country flag zeleni

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
zeleni really does seem incapable of seeing a difference between ''interest in global affairs'' and ''interest in a zeleni thread''. The two are probably mutually exclusive anyway.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178062

That is MTF thread about war in Libya. It isn't zeleni thread. Last post is from May 13th.
Doesn't seem like MTF's indifference for specific bombings is linked with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Add to that the fact that nobody understands the wording of the voting choices and you have a thread of EPIC FAIL.
Yes, my English needs to improve. That is one of the reason for posting here.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post

Yes, my English needs to improve. That is one of the reason for posting here.
That is laudable, but now that you know the wording of the poll choices is confusing, you don't seem to care about fixing it.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #23
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
I don't believe that for a second. NATO's wars are motivated by self interest alone. The official justification is probably as as the explanation for the invasion of Iraq. What makes you think NATO cares about the well-being of libyans? Nothing suggests they are driven by philanthropy. Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?
Don´t put words in my mouth, I didn´t say anything about NATO´s motives, nor did I defend their overall actions at the middle-east. I was merely pointing out the fact that the whole thread is misleading, since there is no war between NATO and Libya, the war is primarily between Gaddafis troops and the opposition. What NATOs motives (or UN´s) are, are subject to debate. Certainly throughout NATO´s history there have been more motives for interventions than philanthropy, but then again, I never claimed there wasn´t.
Dougie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?
Because the governments of the other arab countries in turmoil still support using the dollar as a reserve currency. Qaddafi wants to switch to some sort of African-wide gold standard, which would harm the dollar, thereby harming the interest groups (see: banks) that have such a strong influence over the various NATO governments, particularly the US. Same thing happened with Saddam. Iran will be next in line because it also isn't bought and paid for like the rest of the Arab regimes. Just watch, as soon as they get a good excuse, Iran will be attacked. Why do you think the media in the US was pumping up the protests in Iran a year (or two?) ago? Why are they always droning on and on about Iran's alleged nuclear program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
Are you proud your government is bombing another country for protection of civilians, human rights, democracy, freedom,...
My government, like most, doesn't care one bit about those things. But to be honest, although I oppose the Libyan intervention, I'm more concerned about what my government does to me rather than what it does to people on the other side of the world. Sorry, but some things just hit closer to home.

Welcome to democracy. Isn't it wonderful?
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #25
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Option five: I haven't got a clue whether my country participates or not

Don't think that they do

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #26
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Option six: Original poster unfortunately thinks that Lybia = Ghadaffi, and has no clue about this matter whatsoever.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #27
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Option five: I haven't got a clue whether my country participates or not

Don't think that they do
yes... the dutch are the same ruthless butchers today that they were in there mercantile colonial heydey...

sick puppies the dutch... they are the nation that put the 'laughter' into 'slaughter'...

that's we were taught at school anyways...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

they destroyed a hospital yesterday.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote