New string needed - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
country flag Sukh

Sukh is on a distinguished road
Default New string needed

Hi guys,

I play to an average level with a big baseline game. I have a Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour and the strings are quite poor.

I was wondering what a good low cost alternative to the stock string?

Cheapish string is like £15 to me, just on price and name I have seen this: Babolat Magic Force 15, but obviously would like a string that suits my racket and game type.

I can't afford a whole roll and my local club doesn't have a great supply so preferably if I could buy the length it would be better

Thanks

Last edited by Sukh : 07-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Sukh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New string needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh View Post
Hi guys,

I play to an average level with a big baseline game. I have a Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour and the strings are quite poor.

I was wondering what a good low cost alternative to the stock string?

Cheapish string is like £15 to me, just on price and name I have seen this: Babolat Magic Force 15, but obviously would like a string that suits my racket and game type.

I can't afford a whole roll and my local club doesn't have a great supply so preferably if I could buy the length it would be better

Thanks
Ok bud, lemme give you the breakdown, Tenniswarehouse.com is the site you are gonna want to check out, I'd stay away from babolat and luxilon seeing as they are very expensive. I'd also stay away from head. They make good rackets but shitty strings. Do you know what kind of string you want (poly is what i use). Technifibre makes amazing strings as does Gamma. My fav strings in order are 1) Iso speed pulse. Its a small manufactured string that is double heated and really soft. The best part is it only costs 9$ in the US. 2nd) Technifibre red code. Its tough and never breaks. Really stiff though, so may not be what you are looking for if you have arm problems. 3) Gamma Zo tour. Basically a softer version of technifibre red code but not as durable. I'd stay away from Babolat RPM Blast seeing as its fairly expensive, doesnt last, and is really overhyped. Luxilon is by far the best, but looks to be out of your (and my) price range.

Let me know more about your game and I can offer you more help broski. I owned the 500 tour back in the day, but now i use the 100. Best of luck!
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
country flag DmitriKondra

DmitriKondra is on a distinguished road

Don't mean to be rude but tell new guy to stay away from babolat rpm and lwilson lexilons because they are too expensive is just wrong, they are 14 bux on ebay....
DmitriKondra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
country flag stringy1987

stringy1987 is on a distinguished road

Your best option is to go to a sports shop with a decent tennis section. There should'nt be too much difference in the price of the replacement strings. The most important thing is getting the right strings for your game! I get pretty much the same strings with the same tension etc. every time, and it really helps as I wanted more control so I got a v high tension!

Hope that helps a bit!
stringy1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitriKondra View Post
Don't mean to be rude but tell new guy to stay away from babolat rpm and lwilson lexilons because they are too expensive is just wrong, they are 14 bux on ebay....
They are polys, they may only be $14 on ebay, but add in shipping and the fact that they need to be cut out every few months or so in addition to restringing costs and it adds up quick. Nice try though.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote