James Duckworth Cheering Thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #106
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Duckworth Cheering Thread

Really hoping the Duck can get the title this week. Would be his fifth final in a row if he is able to get past the number 6 seed in the semis. A win this week would see him move to around 327, runner up would see him move to around 346 and a semifinal loss would see him move to around 361. A win this week would see him be about 16 points out of the top 300. He is getting closer and closer to that elusive top 300 and a chance to start making challenger entry cut offs.

It has been such a rapid rise from the Duck, he started the year at 741 and now is potentially one week from a spot in the top 300. I do wonder if his success on European clay will transfer on to the challenger circuit because he could become a great option for our Davis Cup team when we have an away tie on clay. I guess we'll see but I'd love to see him get a win this week and good result in the next few weeks so he cracks the top 300. Good luck Duckie, still lots of hard work to do.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #107
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

A ranking of 327
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #108
country flag aussierules18

aussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know what event is next for james after this week ?
aussierules18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #109

aussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond reputeaussierules18 has a reputation beyond repute

Ducky in to the final winning 6-1 6-4

He hasnt dropped a set in all 4 matches this week and has only dropped 19 games in total
Old 07-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #110
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierules18 View Post
anyone know what event is next for james after this week ?
Is entered in a French 15k future on the clay this coming week where he should be seeded 4th then is on the alternates list for ATP Gstaad the week after. Would be good to see the Duck test his abilities in an ATP 250 qualifying draw on European clay given his recent results. A win in the final will have so many advantages for James and will see him just one good tournament away from the top 300. I'd like to see James stay in Europe for a little bit long just to establish a top 250 ranking and then start to move around maybe to the US or Asia for some challengers/ATP qualies.

Five finals in a row and there has been a trend win/loss/win/loss so history predicts the Duck will get up tomorrow if your a superstitious person. I would usually say that either way it goes in the final it will be good for James but in this case I think he really needs to win this one to set him up for the rest of the year and a big 2012 hopefully.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #111

James DUCKWORTH (AUS) (5) defeated Thomas FABBIANO (ITA) (2) 6-1 6-2

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

3 titles and 2 runner ups in last 5 events

time for him to step up to challengers as he is too good for futures
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #112
country flag Matchu

Great result for the Duck. The French future draw is out and his draw looks pretty good being seeded 4th and with the only other seed in his quarter being the 8th seed. Faces a Frenchman ranked 949 so should have a fairly easy first round ahead of him.

His confidence must be at an all time high at the moment and Tennis Australia would be absolutely licking their lips with both his and Bernard's recent results. I'd love to see him go all the way again this week but fatigue and a stronger field may mean he won't. If anyone is interested a win this week would send James to a ranking of about 291 in the world.

I guess we'll see but I think this may be one of the Duck's last futures tournaments ever, especially if he wins it. In this form he probably deserves to be on the challenger circuit but the ranking is just not quite there yet to guarantee entries every week.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #113
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

James you dead set legend
Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #114

james lost in round 1
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #115

Hopefully it was just a let down after winning the final on sunday

next event for james ?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #116
country flag Chris.

He would have been tired he flew from Italy to France aswell.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #117

is james playing next week ?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #118

Has james entered any up coming futures or challengers needs to keep the momentum going

Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #119

Is james injured as i havnt seen his name in any recent draws ?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #120
country flag au_sports_opinion

au_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond reputeau_sports_opinion has a reputation beyond repute

Duckie lost in the 2nd round of qualies at Trani to Tak Khunn Wang 6-3 6-7 3-6
au_sports_opinion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote