Andre Agassi autobiography "Open" - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #211
country flag tanaja

tanaja is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Andre Agassi autobiography "Open"

BROOKE SHIELDS LOOKS ANGRY AT AGASSI'S WORDS, THAT THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE MARRIED, THAT THEY HAD BEEN TWO INCOMPLETE PEOPLE
(from The Australian)

Shields was married to Agassi from 1997 to 1999. He later said they should never have married, that they had been two incomplete people.

Shields looks angry at these words. "I would be curious to know if he feels complete now," she snaps. "Hopefully I'm never complete. I learn every day." Was the marriage for life as far as she was concerned? "Yeah, I never go into anything half-assed." Did she know he had a drug problem before they got married? "No, I don't have that mentality. I'm not predisposed to addictions. It was very hard emotionally. I still feel such fondness and appreciation for him and he got me from one stage - being with my mother - to gaining some independence."

Neither she nor Agassi were quitters, Shields says, so the split was hard for them both. "I think we're both better people in our current marriages [his to Steffi Graf]," she says.

Link:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226034287178
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #212
country flag tanaja

Another article about Brooke (where Andre is mentioned):

Though she deftly defused a (Tom) Cruise missile years ago — he later made “an honest, heartfelt and off-camera apology” for attacking her use of pills to fight postpartum depression — she felt blindsided by her ex, Andre Agassi.

In his 2009 memoir, “Open,” the former tennis champ depicted their brief marriage as something out of an Ingmar Bergman flick. Shields begs to differ.

“I thought we were happy!” she says. She was given a copy of the book before its publication, ostensibly to correct anything she believed false.

“I spent a considerable amount of time with his ghostwriter, a nice man who took copious notes, went back and changed nothing,” she says. “That’s an afternoon I’ll never get back. Ah, well.”

So is there a rebuttal in the offing?

She shrugs. “I’m too young to write my autobiography,” she says. “I’m going to wait a couple of decades — or at least until a lot of people die!”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...#ixzz1QVnjssaX
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #213
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja View Post
Another article about Brooke (where Andre is mentioned):

So is there a rebuttal in the offing?

She shrugs. “I’m too young to write my autobiography,” she says. “I’m going to wait a couple of decades — or at least until a lot of people die!”[/i]
nobody will read her autobio even after 3 decades, or, if they will - only parts, were Andre is mentioned
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #214
country flag tanaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
nobody will read her autobio even after 3 decades, or, if they will - only parts, were Andre is mentioned
I posted this article, because she has claimed in the past, that she was going to publish an autobiography.
Well, it will obviously not happen.

Perhaps there was something ungracious in her past (but Andre has been too kind to mention it).
So, she prefers to stay silent .

However, IMO her autobiography could be quite a big hit. After all her close friends were Michael Jackson, John Kennedy jr., George Michael and others. And she dated Liam Neeson and prince Albert. I am sure, she has a lot of interesting stories to tell.

Last edited by tanaja : 07-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #215
country flag stef-fan

stef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond reputestef-fan has a reputation beyond repute

If 'OPEN' is made into a movie, who will be Andre and Steffi? Interesting discussion.
http://tennis.si.com/2011/11/03/the-...agassis-movie/
stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote