Kiwi interviews & articles - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #181
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi interviews & articles

That's wonderful
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #182
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

thats great new to hear
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #183
country flag james82

james82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond reputejames82 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome news :d
faves-Tatsuma Ito,Cedrik-Marcel Stebe,Benoit Paire,Tommy Haas,Kei Nishikori,Andres Seppi,Grigor Dimitrov,Go Soeda,David Goffn,Hiroki Moriya,Ze Zhang,Javier Marti,Tsung Hua Yang,federico DelBonis,Guillaume Rufin,Marius Copil,Nils Langer,Yasutaka Uchiyama,James Duckworth,Jason Kubler,Hiroyasu Ehara,Taro Daniel,Richard Becker,Jerzy Janowicz,Richard Berankis,Jack Sock,Kevin Krawietz,Yong-kyu Lim,Shuichi Sekiguchi,Di Wu,Luke Saville,Andrey Kuznetsov,Damir Dzumhur,Filip Krajinovic,Suk Young Jeong,Roberto Baena,Nick Kyrgios Henri Laaksonen,Dominic Thiem,Jonathan Eysseric,Gerald Melzer,Mirza Basic,Pierre Herbert,Renzo Olivo,Facundo Bagnis,Pablo Busta,Facundo Arguello,Diego Schwartzman,Jiri Vesely,Jan Lennard Struff,Denis Kudla,Pospisil,Elias,Pella
james82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #184
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute

awesome, awesome

But when he will sign up in tournaments?
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #185
country flag The Hooded Claw
Slow Emotion Replay.

The Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond repute

Good news - maybe this break was what he needed to allow his body to recover enough to play a few more seasons. It really looked as though he was breaking down at the end of last year and that would be it.

Kiwi still has the skills to be top 100 at least, as his win over Youzhny at Halle showed earlier this year, despite his lack of match play.
Paul-Henri Mathieu~Marat Safin~Nikolay Davydenko~Mario Ancic~Guillermo Garcia-Lopez~Alex Corretja~Philipp Petzschner~Nicolas Kiefer~Andy Murray~Cedric Pioline~Michael Llodra~Gustavo Kuerten~Grigor Dimitrov~Tim Henman~Dmitry Tursunov~Thomas Enqvist~Rainer Schuettler~Franco Squillari~Milos Raonic~Julien Boutter~Ivan Ljubicic~Alberto Martin~Marin Cilic~Yevgeny Kafelnikov~David Nalbandian~Nicolas Lapentti~Philipp Kohlschreiber

SUBS BENCH

Clement&Stakhovsky&Bolelli&Volandri&Goodall&Hanesc u&Ghedin
The Hooded Claw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #186
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Kiwi. He looks so happy. It's good news that he is taking a break and coming back. I would love to watch him a few more times and enjoy our Kiwi on the court.

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #187
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Translation of a recent German interview with Kiwi:

Nicolas Kiefer about the end of his tennis career

Tennis professional Nicolas Kiefer has finished his career as active player. Soon he is going to give advices to tennistalents near the Maschsee [lake in Hannover]

Nicolas Kiefer doesn't regret the end of his career a little bit. He is only missing the warm weather on the tour.

Mr. Kiefer, one month ago you announced the end of your career. Have you regretted your decision when you watched the Australian Open on TV?

No, I didn't regret it at all. The only thing which makes me a bit sad is the warm weather in Melbourne with 30 degrees. I have always been there were the sun was shining and we had good weather. No matter if it was Australia, Indian Wells or Miami - I always travelled behind the sun. But it was natural that this decision would have to be made one day and I don't regret it at all.

Has the birth of your daughter Mabelle in last August been the last kick which you needed to stop after so many injuries lately?

What does kick mean? I always recovered quite good from the injuries and was able to fight back. But it is for sure that after the birth of my daughter many things habe become minor. The whole life got new priorities. Therefore it is important for me that the tennis association of Lower Saxony accepts it that I'm only doing a time-limited engagement and that it isn't a fulltime job. I see all the time how important I am as a father for my daughter. I really like it to look after her and I spend many time with her.

You played 640 singles in your career on the ATP tour, won 6 tournaments and about 7,5 Million Dollar prize money. What has been a highlight for you when you look back now?

The Olympic Games 2004 in Athens without a doubt. To get the silver medal there, even though it was unlucky. But it was the biggest success in my career nevertheless. Of course there have been many great moments on the tour. You can't really describe this experience in words. It's a lifeexperience to have the chance to make your hobby to your job. Being able to travel and compete with the best players of the world - may it be Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal. That has truly been a gift. But everything has an end one day.

Do you sometimes have the 4 missed match points of the Olympic doubles final in Athens in your mind?

I have them in mind, yes, and I also have videos. This is one thing which will connect me and Rainer Schüttler for a whole life (laughs).

You said you can't really describe the feeling of being part of the tour with words. How do you want to bring these experiences near to talents in Hannover now?

I want to convey them that they have to live this sport maybe a bit more. It's about practicing in other aspects as well - to spend much time on the court but also to watch tactical videos. Tennis is like chess somehow: You make a move and checkmate your opponent then. It isn't about just ballbashing. The best example is to look at Rafael Nadal. Or Lleyton Hewitt - he builds everything up and then there is the final hit. When you get the children into this kind of thinking it is already a big success.

It will take a few years but would you advise your daughter one day to become a tennis professional when she would like it?

(laughs) I like golfing and so I don't know if she should better became a tennis- or golfprofessional.

So you wouldn't advise your children to stay away from a career as a professional athlete even though you once compared the tour with a shark tank...

That it is indeed. It's a difficult decision for sure but I haven't really thought about it yet seriously.

Then let us talk at the end about your second career as a football player: Do you aim to bring yourself up into discussion of Mirko Slomka [coach of Hannover 96] when you play in the "Over 32" team?

(laughs) No. I have always looked for new challenges and see football as recreational sport. We have a great team there and lately I got an invation of a traditional team of Hannover. When my time allows it I would like to take part.

Interview by: Björn Franz

German source: http://www.paz-online.de/Nachrichten...Tenniskarriere
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #188
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

It was announced today that Kiwi is going to play a showmatch against Andrej Medvedev on June 12th in Halle directly before the final of the tournament.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #189
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

Any recent pics? Info? I miss Kiwi.

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #190
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Even though he's been retired awhile now...still miss him.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote