What is the Wilson 61 tour like to play with - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
country flag adam13

adam13 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the Wilson 61 tour like to play with

Does it feel heavy
or have a unusably small sweet spot
adam13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the Wilson 61 tour like to play with

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam13 View Post
Does it feel heavy
or have a unusably small sweet spot
Yes its heavy (to most people) and yes the sweet spot is small if you are not used to players frames, but you are more rewarded if you hit the sweet spot.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
country flag adam13

So would it be too heavy for me to use i reackon I could find the sweetspot
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #4

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So would it be too heavy for me to use i reackon I could find the sweetspot
Yes, at 14 it will be too heavy for you. I recommend you buy a lighter racket with a larger head size, and then add more weight through the use of lead tape as you continue to grow.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
country flag adam13

ye but the thing is I really lie the racket its head light so it wont feel as heavy and 339grams unstrung
Old 03-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
ye but the thing is I really lie the racket its head light so it wont feel as heavy and 339grams unstrung
When I say heavy I'm talking about swing weight, not static weight. It's SW is 333, that is quite high for any junior. I use the dunlop aerogel 100. Its SW is only 308 and a static weight of 11.6 oz and 8pts headlight. I have customized it to about 12.3 oz, 11 pts hl, and a SW of 325. I chose the dunlop In part because it was light. This gave me the ability to customize it to the exact specifications that I wanted, something that I couldn't have done with a heavier racket like the 6.1 tour. Trust me, at 14 you won't be able to perform with it. Get a easier racket now and just as weight as you find out what you want in a racket.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
country flag adam13

yer but i really want a wilson and i love the tour 90
Old 03-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
yer but i really want a wilson and i love the tour 90
How many times have you played with it?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
country flag adam13

none but i ment like the features of it
Old 03-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #10

Quote:
none but i ment like the features of it
Specifically what features? All wilsons have the same technology and you can have a leather grip put on any racket you want.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
country flag adam13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
Specifically what features? All wilsons have the same technology and you can have a leather grip put on any racket you want.
Leather grip, BLX tech, grip shape (which are the same on al Wilsons)
box beam small head for control (because my game will be all court and hitting winners on the line finishing points quick) thin beam.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is on a distinguished road

Yea, the Wilson BLX is amazing.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Leather grip, BLX tech, grip shape (which are the same on al Wilsons)
box beam small head for control (because my game will be all court and hitting winners on the line finishing points quick) thin beam.
Broski, if you haven't played with a variety of rackets then you really dont know what you like. And you can't predict what kind of game you will play before you have played it lol. Hitting winners isn't as easy as it sounds.& a 90 inch size head is waaaay to small for a beginner. I've been playing 8 yrs and I didn't use a 90 in head till 2 years ago. there is nothing wrong with a midplus or oversized racket if you are just begining