Bring on the Grass Season!!! :D - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #151
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring on the Grass Season!!! :D

Too much of the old "I can't stand to be ahead" Richie in this one BUT he got it together when he really had to and finished it in 3 (BARELY). 3rd set I'm thinking I've seen this before at Wimbledon and didn't like the ending but fortunately his opponent wasn't Murray - at least not YET.

Hopefully just first Wimbledon match in 3 years jitters and he'll get his focus back next round.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #152
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I did not get to see any of the match
but so glad that he won
Allez , Richard!
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #153
country flag Gasquetno.1

Gasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree he won't get past the third round if he loses concentration as many times as he did in the match, but then again Giraldo was smacking the returns back so it was hard for Richard to hold serve, I think it is a really good win to pull this one out in straight sets!
Gasquetno.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #154
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

none of you lot warned me how annoying he is to watch live. I wanted to grab one of the strings that they use for the court covers and tie it round his waist to force him to play closer to the baseline.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #155
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the two times I watched him live, he was playing against Fed and Djoko, so I guess it wasn't as maddening
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #156
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

He was very distracted by the crowd a couple of times. He's curious. I wouldn't say that he disliked support but he had a little group of french fans the one side of the court and the other side were some loud Giraldo fans. When the Giraldo fans started cheering loudly so did his fans and he was annoyed with both. I had a court side seat and was right where he was standing and you could tell he wanted both lots to shut up, he was sighing and giving little annoyed glances both sides. I think he likes support but he doesn't like delays for the crowd at all. He is one of the quickest between the points I've ever seen I knew that anyway but you notice it more live.

If he does play Murray I hope that he can get over that because the crowd aren't going to be quiet.

The other thing that surprised me was the amount he was communicating with Piatti during the match (don't know if you could see that from a stream). When he wasn't playing so well there were quite a few gestures over in that direction at one point i was slightly worried he might get a warning for coaching but he didn't. That isn't something I've noticed him do before really.

He was slipping around on the grass a fair but and looked to be having trouble with his shoes a couple of times but that's because he's playing so far back he's not on the drier line of the grass. I think though he was having trouble timing his backhand quite a bit at the start of the match which was the reason for it rather than him just being really passive. Hopefully the more he plays the more the feel will come back to him.

I was sat really near the court and when he started losing his head a bit in set 2 I muttered Richard for goodness sake will you just focus and then he did . I'd like to think he heard

Last edited by Cloudygirl : 06-21-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #157
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the report, Tori. and, not surprising that Richie is not buoyed by raucous fans in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I was sat really near the court and when he started losing his head a bit in set 2 I muttered Richard for goodness sake will you just focus and then he did . I'd like to think he heard
i'm sure he heard you.

Quote:
It could be a worse draw I think.

I hate it personally because Richard is my favourite, Stan is one of my favourites, Andy is my favourite and Rafa too. So shite quarter and half for me...
i got that same feeling.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #158
country flag Cloudygirl

ok lets try this again and see if I can link this without giving you guys access to the whole of my photobucket account

Vid of him knocking up you just need to click on it.

and no trip to see Richard is complete without this picture

Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #159
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Tori I was there too. And I was courtside as well. Can't believe I missed you! But great report.

I personally liked the atmosphere but he was certainly grumpy about it. Gotta love how tiring it is for ball boys when Gasquet is on court with his superstitions, wanting the ball he won the point with back for the next point.

Last edited by Dini : 06-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #160
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dini View Post
Tori I was there too. And I was courtside as well. Can't believe I missed you! But great report.

I personally liked the atmosphere but he was certainly grumpy about it. Gotta love how tiring it is for ball boys when Gasquet is on court with his superstitions, wanting the ball he won the point with back for the next point.
They didn't seem to get it either I was like do you not get by now that he wants the same ball back.

Where were you sat? Not anywhere near the annoying American girls (you would have known if you were).

Are you going again this week?

Crap I would have met you for a coffee if I'd known you were there too.

He was quite irritable on court but I ended the match round the other side (had to go to the loo after set 2 lol) and so I was by where he came out at the end to give autographs and he wasn't grumpy at all then, he seemed in a bit of a rush, but he was talking to the kids, having photos taken with people etc.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #161
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

There were three rows, a section furthest to the left, I was in the 3rd row 2nd seat in. No American girls as far as I could hear though. You know I had this thought that the girl next to me was you (she was a bit red haired) but her face looked different.

I'm definitely going again, just not sure when. Probably tomorrow. Do you know when you're going?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #162
country flag Cloudygirl

You weren't next to me.

I had a kid one side and a girl with really short brown hair the other side. I had a bright pink jumper on.

I think i was the opposite end of the court to you by the sound of it. Were you sat opposite Richard's coach or at the other end?

Are you queueing?

I can't do the queue because that would mean going up over night and I have no cat sitters lol.

I'm going to try for tickets friday. I was debating tomorrow and did get tickets on ticketmaster but I decided friday was a better day to try so rejected them. I can stay overnight then too which means I don't have to rush back. I had to miss all but the first set of Andy's match yesterday to get my train which was gutting. If not I'll try saturday.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #163
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Vid of him knocking up you just need to click on it.

thanks for the pics and story. however i am not sure what the heck the "him knocking up " means i had an english friend who laughed about how americans thought of the words knocking up.
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #164
country flag icecastle

icecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the story and the pics Tori. Sorry couldn't rep you yet. Im so happy for you! You finally got to see him play live! I hope you, Dini and Jen would go together next time.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
icecastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #165
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
thanks for the pics and story. however i am not sure what the heck the "him knocking up " means i had an english friend who laughed about how americans thought of the words knocking up.
Yep, I was wondering how he was "knocking up" in the middle of court 18 So what does it really mean because you know how we Americans have killed the proper English language. From the vid - it must mean "warming up" (which might also happen when knocking up )

Thanks for the pics and report Tori - hope you can see Richie win tons more.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote