Good luck at RG Ernests! (With the worst Main Draw ever made!) :o:(:( - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #256
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck at RG Ernests! (With the worst Main Draw ever made!) :o:(:(

he is so sad......
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #257
country flag Proxima2

Proxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond reputeProxima2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck at RG Ernests! (With the worst Main Draw ever made!) :o:(:(

Proxima2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #258
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

So it's not a matter of confidence...his game is apparently not there either.
He needs a coach and he has a lot to work on. period.
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #259
country flag E forever

E forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond reputeE forever has a reputation beyond repute

Always your fan
Old 05-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #260
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Sad, indeed. Would have been nice to see him take Delpo. Hope he keeps working hard. With 9 DF and 55 errors, he can't win that way. I think he is working with Sergis now from the Adidas team. Don't know what is wrong, maybe just lack of form.
We will miss him meanwhile until grass comes.
We still hope for better results soon.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #261
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

I heard you didn't see the box so yes, Sargsian was there to coach him. With his father, Novotny and Karlis.

What else can I say you don't know yet... It was just a really bad performance. Very passive, all Kavcic had to do was hit back and let Ernie make the error. Not that I'm underestimating Kavcic' effort, he really kept fighting to get to every ball - but Ernests is ought to do better than that.

As I tweeted, he was in a very good mood at practice. Asking Karlis to keep serving so he could return, even when half of the WTA was on court waiting for him to get off So maybe he took it too lightly, he was too relaxed, he does indeed have a virus and feels tired because of it, I don't know and I don't know when we will. So from that point on, the only way to go is forward. On to the next...
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #262
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
I heard you didn't see the box so yes, Sargsian was there to coach him. With his father, Novotny and Karlis.

What else can I say you don't know yet... It was just a really bad performance. Very passive, all Kavcic had to do was hit back and let Ernie make the error. Not that I'm underestimating Kavcic' effort, he really kept fighting to get to every ball - but Ernests is ought to do better than that.

As I tweeted, he was in a very good mood at practice. Asking Karlis to keep serving so he could return, even when half of the WTA was on court waiting for him to get off So maybe he took it too lightly, he was too relaxed, he does indeed have a virus and feels tired because of it, I don't know and I don't know when we will. So from that point on, the only way to go is forward. On to the next...
Thanks Ellen....as you said the scenario was clear....what I can say, from my little point of view, he really feels the important of the event, he is always too tense....and he is trying, he really care to do it well but....his sad and looking down face during the last set was clear he was upset....even embarassed from himself!! I really can't wait for the day he'll overcome this!!
Always support him, always!!!
Ellen, now the only thing could make me happy are your pics ihihihihi
bye bye
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #263
country flag Sheila

Sheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your update Ellen.

He just doesn't have a good time at Grand Slams does he?

Shame.
Sheila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #264
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra83 View Post
Thanks Ellen....as you said the scenario was clear....what I can say, from my little point of view, he really feels the important of the event, he is always too tense....and he is trying, he really care to do it well but....his sad and looking down face during the last set was clear he was upset....even embarassed from himself!! I really can't wait for the day he'll overcome this!!
Always support him, always!!!
Ellen, now the only thing could make me happy are your pics ihihihihi
bye bye
That is another possibility indeed, but only he knows what it really is.

I took a lot of pictures today because I considered he might disappear into the darkness after this day, which he did But I have 2 more days of Roland Garros ahead so you'll have to wait until I'm home!
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #265
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ellen.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #266
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

French journalist, Carole Bouchard, twitted that she met Gulbis after his match, he was not depressed but deception was felt. He said he loves his tennis life, but not on a day like this.
He was joking and had the nicest smile of the day, she said...Well, that is encouraging. Here is the article she wrote afterwards: in french though.
I may try to translate later.

"The quiet defeat"

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...ranquille.html
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #267
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Slump won't last forever and he'll be back.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #268
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

I love that guy. I'm glad that he finally enjoys his life as a tennis player. And thanks Ellen! Yeah he does always seem really tense and passive in the grand slams. Almost like he doesnt even know what he's doing sometimes, just going through the motions. But it may also be the lingering effects of the virus. Oh yeah, who of the WTA was waiting for him?

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

Last edited by CelinaCarpina : 05-22-2011 at 11:33 PM.
CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #269
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelinaCarpina View Post
I love that guy. I'm glad that he finally enjoys his life as a tennis player. And thanks Ellen! Yeah he does always seem really tense and passive in the grand slams. Almost like he doesnt even know what he's doing sometimes, just going through the motions. But it may also be the lingering effects of the virus. Oh yeah, who of the WTA was waiting for him?
Schiavone and another girl I didn't look at together with their entire teams, obviously I had something better to do at that time But they seemed to be in a rush or something. Ernie just returned the last ball when Schiavone already hit one They literally kicked him off court.

Then they sat down for like 5 more minutes and just... laughed

I'm just thinking he should just come to RG today, practice a bit, hang around, have ice cream. Who votes yes?

Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #270
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote