New Racket Advice - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
country flag adam13

adam13 is on a distinguished road
Default New Racket Advice

I need advice on buying a racket, I am going to start playing tennis seriously I have played for fun a lot and was decent but for a few years I have really wanted to start playing and soon am going to. So what racket do you think I should get, I want a wilson, preferably a six one but the racket I really really would like is Wilson BLX Six One Tour but don't know weather I should get it. I'm from the UK ,14 and 5ft1.
adam13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Racket Advice

Well I can already tell you that that racket will not suit you at this time because of your age. You should be looking at midplus rackets. I don't really know too much about wilson, never bothered buying one of their rackets seeing as they are $200 U.S. but it seems like maybe you should look at the BLX. Six one lite. Others to consider would be the head radical oversize/midplus, Prince EXO Black Team the Technifibre TFight 295 VO2, and the dunlop 4d 500. I personally prefer dunlops, but they tend to be a niche market and most likeley wont be what you are looking for at this time. The most popular choice by far is the head radical, either in the oversize or midplus. I have hit with the Liquidmetal Midplus and it is a solid frame, this is consistently the most popular line of rackets I see. Demo a few if you have a place around that allows you to do that. You should definetly give most of the Head, Wilson, and Babolat's a try.Every brand has its own feel. You might also want to wait and see if Jazar chimes in, hes the local racket expert.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
country flag MartinOcando

MartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond reputeMartinOcando has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Racket Advice

I have a Six One Tour and is a very heavy racquet. I'm 45 years old and have been playing for some time and developed a fast continuous swing that fits the kind of racquet I'm using. This is a very flexible racquet, with no intrinsic power per se. I used to have a six one lite and it was way too light for my game, so I gave it to my 15 years old son and he is very happy with it. He is like you, but a lot taller, starting to become serious and is the perfect racquet for beginners that are starting to learn how to move, how to swing and how hard to hit. The Tour is also a very precise racquet. If you don't have a clockwork timing and hit the center of the head all the time, you'll feel pretty frustrated because the tour doesn't provide enough room for mistakes.
Get the Lite and you'll be happy as a clam.
MartinOcando is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote