10 New Tennis Racquets Released from Donnay - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
country flag allaTennis

allaTennis is on a distinguished road
Default 10 New Tennis Racquets Released from Donnay

Donnay has recently released 10 new racquets available now at a limited number of pro shops. Currently they only have one professional player on their staff, which is Yanina Wickmayer of the women's tour. In the past they have had Rod Laver, Margaret Court, Cliff Drysdale, Greg Rusedski, Bjorn Borg and Andre Agassi on their staff. They have never been known as an popular tennis racquet manufacturer, but they have been known for the quality of their racquets.

The new racquets are:
  • X-White (99 sq in)
  • X-Yellow (99 sq in)
  • X-Orange (99 sq in)
  • X-Red (94 sq in)
  • X-Red (99 sq in)
  • X-Dark Red (94 sq in)
  • X-Blue (94 sq in)
  • X-Blue (99 sq in)
  • X-Black (94 sq in)
  • X-Black (99 sq in)

We have received a couple of these new racquets in, but I have not had a chance to play with them. Has anyone played with any of these new racquets yet? If so, please post what you think.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 New Tennis Racquets Released from Donnay

donnay need to sponsor players if they want to sell any rackets.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

The great Donnay racquets were made in my province - Namur -, in Couvin. That's a small town (about 14 000 inh.)about 60km from where I live and close to the French border.

Since 1988 when Tapie bought it up, it's all gone down. The Walloon region has struggled to find a buyer. In 1996 they found Britain's Sport & Ski but it was even worse. They should have created a distribution centre in Mariembourg (close to Couvin) but instead they relocated the factory in the area of Brussels in 2002.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
country flag Donnay Quixote

Donnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond repute

I've played with the white 99, the red 99, the orange 99.....the white was my favorite.
I'll give a review of each over the next few days.

White:

My favorite racquet of the bunch. It's a stiff players stck but it's also light as a feather . Its strange ....it has the feel of a players stick but the mobility of a beginners stick.

I guess I love it the most because you can do the most with it. The white is the lightest and stiffest of all the Donnays. Since it's so light you can bulk it up and customize it the most. For example if you put all the weights in .....voilà !! You have just turned your white into the orange!

On the other hand its impossible to turn the orange into the white.

Because the white cuts through the air so unbelievably fast I think it should be as light as possible . I play with the lightest butt cap and no weights on the sides or top.

I used a full poly set up of babolat pro hurricane 18g ( in whit of course)

Volleys 10/10

For reflex volleys there's nothing better. It's like playing with a badminton racquet. You would not believe how fast you can get to any ball.

The feel and touch is incredible.....and when you hit hard a volley it never goes out.

The slice on the ball will just freaking blow your mind . There is no better racquet in the world for volleys.

Serves 8/10

Placement is awesome, spin is incredible.....the power.....not so good. Because it's so light there's not that my much plow through. But you can easily add weight with the inserts and turn into a bombing machine!

Persnally the slice serves and angles you can hit with this thing outweighs the loss of power by a lot. Also the precision is incredible.

Kick serves were very good as well.

Groundstrokes 8/10

For flat strokes and slices there is nothing better. In fact for those strokes it gets a 10/10. But for topspin....well that's a bit mor complicated.

My topspin form is horrible....but with this stick I can really whip my wrist and actually rip some topspin. Having said that....I don't think this is the best stick for a big topspinner because it's just so fast that a Nadal type person would dislocate their shoulder. The racquet head speed is like warp speed.

Overall :

A great stick for 4.0's -4.5's who lack a bit of form and need a maneuverable racquet to fix their mistakes. It's like playing with a badminton racquet that's stable as a rock.
Donnay Quixote is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
country flag vsbabolat

vsbabolat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaTennis View Post
Donnay has recently released 10 new racquets available now at a limited number of pro shops. Currently they only have one professional player on their staff, which is Yanina Wickmayer of the women's tour. In the past they have had Rod Laver, Margaret Court, Cliff Drysdale, Greg Rusedski, Bjorn Borg and Andre Agassi on their staff. They have never been known as an popular tennis racquet manufacturer, but they have been known for the quality of their racquets.

The new racquets are:
  • X-White (99 sq in)
  • X-Yellow (99 sq in)
  • X-Orange (99 sq in)
  • X-Red (94 sq in)
  • X-Red (99 sq in)
  • X-Dark Red (94 sq in)
  • X-Blue (94 sq in)
  • X-Blue (99 sq in)
  • X-Black (94 sq in)
  • X-Black (99 sq in)

We have received a couple of these new racquets in, but I have not had a chance to play with them. Has anyone played with any of these new racquets yet? If so, please post what you think.
Durring the Wood racquet era Donnay was the largest manufacture of wood racquets in the world. They were the OEM for many other brands.
vsbabolat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
country flag vsbabolat

vsbabolat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The great Donnay racquets were made in my province - Namur -, in Couvin. That's a small town (about 14 000 inh.)about 60km from where I live and close to the French border.

Since 1988 when Tapie bought it up, it's all gone down. The Walloon region has struggled to find a buyer. In 1996 they found Britain's Sport & Ski but it was even worse. They should have created a distribution centre in Mariembourg (close to Couvin) but instead they relocated the factory in the area of Brussels in 2002.
There is no factory in Belgium anymore if memory serves me it closed in 1993. The relocation of the Donnay offices to Brussels was in name only. Sports Direct Internation (the current name) moved everything to England.

Sports Direct who own the Donnay name have licenced it to the company out of New York who have developed and are marketing the new racquets.

Now having said all that. The new incarnation of Donnay racquet is very good. I especially liked the X-Red and the X-Black.

Last edited by Snowwy : 04-24-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Took out URLs
vsbabolat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #7

Donnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDonnay Quixote has a reputation beyond repute

Donnnay. Has now Come out with a new line the uals.

Double the xenocore for double the power, fee, playability.

I just threw out a crap load of money and like a fool will now sound more on the duals.

Anyway the platinum 94 and the silver arrived today. I'll give a review soon.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
country flag andy_carterbx

andy_carterbx is on a distinguished road

Nice rackets! I'm planning to buy a new one.
andy_carterbx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #9

Donnay platinum 94:

I was scared to try such a heavy racquet. But the platinum 94 was highly maneuverable and I enjoyed the comfortable fee of the racquet. Basically with little effort I couldn't the racquet to do just about anything I wanted.

The racquet is the closest thing to perfection that I have ever played with.

Donnay silver

A really great stick . But after playing with the Platinum you will never want to try a lighter stick again